MS Flight Simulator

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MS Flight Simulator

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:46 pm
The Hotas Thursmaster is on sale this 4th of July weekend at Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy for $68.

I picked one up and it's unbelievable how great it feels flying. It enhances the game 100 x. So much fun.

If you're gaming in your living room, you may want to buy a USB 3.0 extension cord with it. They're like 5 bucks at Amazon.

You can also use the stick for the Star Wars games and Ace Combat games.

Just fantastic!
Ive had mine since launch. Super value at $68.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:42 pm
Lancer wrote:
The Hotas Thursmaster is on sale this 4th of July weekend at Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy for $68.

I picked one up and it's unbelievable how great it feels flying. It enhances the game 100 x. So much fun.

If you're gaming in your living room, you may want to buy a USB 3.0 extension cord with it. They're like 5 bucks at Amazon.

Just fantastic!
Did you configure the sensitivity or just played it at default? Some of the landing challenges that were impossible for me to do w/ the controller I was able to complete w/ the HOTAS.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:17 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Lancer wrote:

Just fantastic!
Did you configure the sensitivity or just played it at default? Some of the landing challenges that were impossible for me to do w/ the controller I was able to complete w/ the HOTAS.
I tweaked the sensitivity. Some guy on YouTube gad great settings.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Just curious - are these flight sticks comfortable to use on your lap while sitting on the couch?

Been tempted for a while by these.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

fanatic2 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:52 am
Just curious - are these flight sticks comfortable to use on your lap while sitting on the couch?

I did this today.

I first looked at some videos on YT and saw a lot of the people who use the HOTAS do it on a monitor. I have no monitor so I got one of those fold up tables you would use at a picnic and set it up like 1 foot away from the TV. It was amazing being so close to my 55 inch tv. It looked like I was really flying when you pick on the in cockpit zoom cam.

My couch is like 8 feet away from the TV. I had also bought a 10 foot USB3.0 cable extension and hooked that up to my XBX and HOTAS (HOTAS cable is like 5 feet). The Hotas can be snapped together and that is what I did. By meaning snapped together, snapping the thrust part and the stick. But sometimes snappnig them together can be a real PIA since the bottom wire can get in the way.

I put it on my lap and it was pretty good. It fit fine snapped together on my lap. Sometimes the 'snap' part came loose and it was just a minor annoyance. But to answer your question, yes, it was comfortable on my lap flying. But you do miss some the immersion when I had it setup on the table in front of the TV.
Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 pm
Lancer wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Do you have the link or can you share the settings? I still am trying to figure out what the other buttons do or match the xb controller. LIke for example, how do you thrust reverse w/ the HOTAS? If put the thruster all the way down but it just stays down. I have to go back to the controller and press the B button to get it to reverse the engines.

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:17 pm

I put it on my lap and it was pretty good. It fit fine snapped together on my lap. Sometimes the 'snap' part came loose and it was just a minor annoyance. But to answer your question, yes, it was comfortable on my lap flying. But you do miss some the immersion when I had it setup on the table in front of the TV.
Thanks for the feedback! Might give it a try!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:17 pm
fanatic2 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:52 am

I did this today.

I first looked at some videos on YT and saw a lot of the people who use the HOTAS do it on a monitor. I have no monitor so I got one of those fold up tables you would use at a picnic and set it up like 1 foot away from the TV. It was amazing being so close to my 55 inch tv. It looked like I was really flying when you pick on the in cockpit zoom cam.

My couch is like 8 feet away from the TV. I had also bought a 10 foot USB3.0 cable extension and hooked that up to my XBX and HOTAS (HOTAS cable is like 5 feet). The Hotas can be snapped together and that is what I did. By meaning snapped together, snapping the thrust part and the stick. But sometimes snappnig them together can be a real PIA since the bottom wire can get in the way.

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 pm
Lancer wrote:

Do you have the link or can you share the settings? I still am trying to figure out what the other buttons do or match the xb controller. LIke for example, how do you thrust reverse w/ the HOTAS? If put the thruster all the way down but it just stays down. I have to go back to the controller and press the B button to get it to reverse the engines.
I think this was the guy on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/e70p1CrD4FI
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I sometimes see on twitch where ppl are flying around w/ other user planes displayed w/ their gamertags. What mode is this?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:34 pm
I sometimes see on twitch where ppl are flying around w/ other user planes displayed w/ their gamertags. What mode is this?
Multiplayer. Only available on Series X/S, not OG XB1 or XB1S.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:57 pm
Lancer wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:34 pm
Multiplayer. Only available on Series X/S, not OG XB1 or XB1S.
Will it work if I invite someone say on Xbox One using cloud and I'm on XB Series X?

Also, I saw on youtube I had my settings wrong. In General Options, you have to set Air Traffic to 'Live'. I had it on AI. That's why I never saw anyone but fake planes. Also, I put the option to display their nameplate. Much better now.
Last edited by Lancer on Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

double post

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Will it work if I invite someone say on Xbox One using cloud and I'm on XB Series X?
I don't believe so. I don't think the OG XB1 or XB1S has the horsepower to handle the multiplayer version of this game, even in the cloud.

Teal and I work around it by picking the same flight path and taking off from the originating airport at the same time. Yeah, our airspeed and altitude may not be identical, but we're usually close enough on our respective flight paths that we can point out landmarks below to each other with easy identification.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

So I had posted over the weekend that when I put the HOTAS on my lap snapped together, sometimes it comes off.

Well it looks like there is a built in allen wrench in the back of the unit to tighten the clamps for both pieces.

Just did that and no more problems with both sides coming off in my lap.

Here is a good intro video I found I should have seen before I even started :

https://youtu.be/0nZbkGFeh7k

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

System Update 10 is coming out in August.

They have a System Update 10 Beta now on XBOX. It's like 15 GB to download. You have to do it thru the Xbox Insider App.

It's been pretty good. Load times are significantly improved. Especially on start up of the game.

Flying seems a lot smoother too.

It looks like it has fixed the issues introduced by the April update.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

40TH Anniversary Edition just updated on Gamepass.

Includes Flying Activities from last 40 years of Flight Sim games upgraded to next gen.

Also new planes like The Spurce Goose, Wright Brothers plane, and a ton more.

System update 11 (SU11) also came out w/ this one and it killed the graphics on Xbox. Really disappointed they just couldn't leave the game alone graphics wise on Xbox X. So much rendering now in flight it looks like a playstation 2 game.

Before SU11 :

SU11 :

What the actual fuk Microsoft!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

no fix until mid jan

what a crock

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Early update fixed the xbox graphical issues from the last update in December. Things look great again and even more better!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Huge XMAS sale right now for FS

Aircraft along with activities. Going to buy some landing challenges myself that I have held off on.