PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

MUTTS wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:54 am
Can you please give me the name so I can find that Kiawah on the PS4--thanks.
Sorry for not responding to this earlier MUTTS. The version we played in the DSP Society tournament last week was called "The Ocean Course, Kiawah". It was truly outstanding!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:28 am
Thanks John. I think they nailed putting in this game. Quite the contrast from how I felt about putting in 2019.
I enjoy the putting in the game also. I respect it for its ability to make me feel the same frustrations with it as I do my real life putting game :) I swapped over to my stock Series X controller for play over the previous two weeks and started getting more consistent tempo off the tee and fairways. Unfortunately, I can't get a solid enough feel for the stroke power when it comes putting with the Series X controller, so for our current tournament at Colonial, I switched back to my Elite 2 controller for it. I recalibrated the swing for use with the Elite 2 again, and hopefully, I'll get my game back at some point. Even with the Elite 2 controller, I'm still averaging probably 3 or 4 3-putt greens per round... and all too many of those are because I'm missing more than my share of 3 and 4 foot putts!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

There were some interesting par scores on the course for today :D

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Scored my first hole in one in a DSP event this weekend. 15th hole. Didn't matter in the end, still trailed you-know-who by 11 strokes when it was all said and done. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leadfoot5 wrote: Scored my first hole in one in a DSP event this weekend. 15th hole. Didn't matter in the end, still trailed you-know-who by 11 strokes when it was all said and done. :)
Leadfoot5 wrote: Congratulations, good shooting out there!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:09 am
Scored my first hole in one in a DSP event this weekend. 15th hole. Didn't matter in the end, still trailed you-know-who by 11 strokes when it was all said and done. :)
Congrats on the ace!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Something is up with this weekends tournament. It keeps adding a shot to the score.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Something is up with this weekends tournament. It keeps adding a shot to the score.
I think it’s John’s attempt at slowing you down. 8) But you’re right. I proceeded onto the second round just to see if the problem was still there. I would say that at least 10 holes would have that issue. So birdies become par and pa r are bogeys. At this point I don’t think anyone can do anything about it, we could make the tourney of the least bogeys I guess if you’re not too worried about your handicap.

John? Vader?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm not sure it is every hole. I was -1 going into 17 and took a bogey and then I was +2.

Something weird going on for sure.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

10spro wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:05 pm
JOZ wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 pm
I think it’s John’s attempt at slowing you down. 8) But you’re right. I proceeded onto the second round just to see if the problem was still there. I would say that at least 10 holes would have that issue. So birdies become par and pa r are bogeys. At this point I don’t think anyone can do anything about it, we could make the tourney of the least bogeys I guess if you’re not too worried about your handicap.

John? Vader?
:D I did think there may be some weird handicap scoring going on. I quit in case something was going to change.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Looks like handicap was turned on and maybe our unrealistic low handicap scores breaks it.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

what was that par 63 course? I found that fun as hell.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 pm
what was that par 63 course? I found that fun as hell.
Sorry I missed this post fsquid... you must be talking about the six hole course we played that had three routings for each hole? The creator says it's a remake of a real six hole course, I believe it's in Denmark? He added the routings to give it the appearance of an 18 hole course. I thought it was very cool for a change of pace. I'd love to play a course like that in real life!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

A new update for PGA TOUR 2K21 dropped Monday and caught me by surprise yesterday! I hadn't done any gaming at all since Saturday evening, as I actually came down with the common flu. I didn't feel up to any gaming until last night after reading this news. I downloaded the update for my Series X on off I went.

I was in a hurry to play and forgot to recalibrate my swing on the practice range. I'd always done this first with previous patches. And yes, the update has changed things a bit. I was registering fast quite frequently early on so I was getting a lot of hooks. My first tee shot was a Red Fast Hook. It was of the degree that would have carried 235 yards prior to update, and this time it carried close to 250. I didn't notice a chance in the degree of hook. if it was there, I'd have to have means of measuring outside of my perception.

I purposely hit some red fast and red slow middle and short irons. They all carried more than they would have prior to the update. I'm a less than average skilled player in this game and this feels good to me. I might consider giving Master difficulty a go again.

Two other things I noticed were the the splash shots are now manageable. I had quit playing them all together previously, unless the desired carry distance was right on a 100% swing. This now feels right to a player of my skill level, but I imagine to complaints of it being a get out of jail free card will come pouring in. Honestly, I can see that, but I'm just pointing out that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Secondly, the flow of the onscreen animation seems to flow with no hiccups now. I never once had to pause during targeting to wait for the screen to react. I also thought the ball tracking and roll from start to finish of the shot was virtually seamless.

I'm going to calibrate my swing and play at least two of my various society tournament rounds today and see how it goes. I'm really surprised that HB Studios/2K would support an update of this magnitude this far into the life cycle, but I'll take it!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was hoping they would add some Ryder Cup content.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:52 am
I was hoping they would add some Ryder Cup content.
Well, we did get what I consider to be a very good recreation of Whistling Straights with all its Ryder Cup backdrops. It has a festive tournament feel. I just regret I came down with the flu and couldn't get my last two rounds in there for our DSP tournament. I was coming up on DBdynsty25's heels after round 2, but the way I'm putting lately, I doubt I could have hung around.

I haven't taken a look at any new equipment or clothing associated with this update. I'm too lazy to change that stuff up most of the time even with I have access to it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I meant more from a game play standpoint. I think the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup are two of the best events in golf and they are ignore in golf games.

Something like the ASG PC Golf game is a good way to recreate it but honestly once you add in the player set, course you're close to $100. That game is excellent for a golf sim but way too expensive.

Adding a Ryder Cup mode where you essentially could play out the matches with the player likeness of whomever you wanted would be cool, perhaps EA can pull it off in their game because from what I'm hearing it's going to blow this game out of the water from a game play standpoint. Downside is lack of courses.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I wanted to make a suggestion to you guys about a change to the weekend tournaments. Right now we're playing 72 holes in a Thursday through Sunday time frame. I'm finding that to be a bit taxing, especially now in the 'off-season', and would like to suggest that we go back to 36 holes, over those four days. We could re-evaluate this as the next PGA TOUR season gets started up. I know I'd like to at least have the four majors, and the Players Championship be 72 hole tournaments.

Ya'll up for trying 36 hole weekenders for a while? We could revisit this when the real PGA TOUR 22 season starts up in January.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:25 pm
I wanted to make a suggestion to you guys about a change to the weekend tournaments. Right now we're playing 72 holes in a Thursday through Sunday time frame. I'm finding that to be a bit taxing, especially now in the 'off-season', and would like to suggest that we go back to 36 holes, over those four days. We could re-evaluate this as the next PGA TOUR season gets started up. I know I'd like to at least have the four majors, and the Players Championship be 72 hole tournaments.

Ya'll up for trying 36 hole weekenders for a while? We could revisit this when the real PGA TOUR 22 season starts up in January.
I kind of like the 4 rounders over 4 days. Yeah, I cannot always finish all the rounds, but it's fun being able to get used to a course and how to manage it over the weekend. I mean, is there really a downside to having it? If you don't finish, you don't finish. That's just me I guess...but then again, I'm rarely in competition for actually winning the tournament anyway. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

First of all, thanks as usual for setting up the tourneys for the DSP gang. I noticed there was an update yesterday John, anything important or just cosmetic?

I am with you. I prefer 36 holes for the weekends and the dailies are just fine they way it’s setup. Just this past weekend I realized I didn’t have time to finish the 4th round although attendance was slow.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I can go either way. I just noticed no tourney today.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm

I kind of like the 4 rounders over 4 days. Yeah, I cannot always finish all the rounds, but it's fun being able to get used to a course and how to manage it over the weekend. I mean, is there really a downside to having it? If you don't finish, you don't finish. That's just me I guess...but then again, I'm rarely in competition for actually winning the tournament anyway. :)
I think what's happening with me right now is what happens with me after the FedEx playoffs are over... my mind becomes totally absorbed with football, both college and pro, and if I don't finish my PGA TOUR 2K21 tournament rounds by noon Saturday, I'm far less likely to finish up any remaining tournament rounds. I play in three different societies and since September, the only one whose tournament I've finished every week was DSP's.

I also am the admin of the Reddit PGA TOUR 2K21 forum's XBox Society. It has one 72 hole tournament that starts on Monday evening and finishes on Sunday evening. There's usually between 70 and 85 people who finish that tournament, with probably only 10 to 15% of those who start it not finishing. I think it's something about having six days to play 72 holes that has a bearing on that.

I'll try going back to 36 holes through the end of 2021, and then we'll probably pick back up with 72 holes when the TOUR kicks back off January 3rd at Kapalua Resort, and the Sentry Tournament of Champions. It really depends on what Vader wants to do as he's the President.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:05 pm
First of all, thanks as usual for setting up the tourneys for the DSP gang. I noticed there was an update yesterday John, anything important or just cosmetic?

I am with you. I prefer 36 holes for the weekends and the dailies are just fine they way it’s setup. Just this past weekend I realized I didn’t have time to finish the 4th round although attendance was slow.
Yesterday's update was supposed to fix a number of smaller bugs. I think the major one was an audio bug that was causing occasional game crashes. I rarely experience any crashes with this game though. I can't tell any difference in the gameplay since the update. I know they didn't add the "vsync OFF" option I was hoping for in the graphics settings. That would have cost me $800 if they had, because then I'd have to have a Variable Refresh Rate capable HDTV to take advantage of it. Truth be told I've been looking for an excuse to buy a 120 Hz,VRR display anyway :)

I've been playing such hot & cold golf over the last few months for reasons I can't put a finger on. Lately I've missed so many short putts due to my pulling them. It's like I can't pull the putter back and bring back on the same line. It seems to be more of a tempo related issue. In my last two rounds of last week's DSP tournament. I shot 73 and 75, with a minimum of four 3-putts in each round. I'm more likely to keep a 30 footer online than at 3 footer!?

I'm still enjoying the game and I think it's the struggles I have with it in things like short putts that are analogous to my real life game that keep me playing it. If I was a better player, I doubt I'd be enjoying the game as much as I am now.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Been having that issue too, I'm not taking it back straight according to the feedback.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Something has changed w/ the short putting in the last few weeks...definitely noticed something is off. But then again, I'm doing the same crap in real life as well. :roll: