PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Danimal »

I'm going to trust my eyes and my gut over guys whose bread is buttered by 2K with free trips and copies of the game.

I saw absolutely nothing in the Gameplay trailer that looked like game play. In fact a lot of the shots looked identical to that kurfuckery they released yesterday. Right now there is no chance in hell I am paying $60 for it. I bet they made no changes to career mode or online societies. I would of loved to see an actual f***in example of the 3 click method as it sounded interesting.

When your marketing is about who is in the game, what equipment is in the game and is light on details of actual game play improvements that doesn't bode well IMO.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ok this article did make me feel a lot better. Really good information in here.

https://www.operationsports.com/pga-tou ... -next-gen/
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

One thing that was missing in 2K1 but seems to be back in the new game is the punch shot. Much needed.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm going to have to quit scheduling desert courses... you guys ate that one up today! -15, -14, and -13. I felt like I'd been lapped a couple of times at -7!?

I apologize for the screw-up at East Lake last weekend. I started the tournament after 8 PM on Wednesday night, which means that the tournament start is announced as "today" rather than a date. I reduced the duration by a day thinking that we were already into day one, but the tournament still should run 4 days.... Doh! I still had two rounds to play yesterday evening, and I was all fired up to turn in a better final round than Scott Scheffler, after watching the finals in the Fedex Cup! I don't know why, but that course friggin' owns me. I doubt I'd have finished the tournament under par.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

John, thanks always for your tireless Schedules. I see Vader on weekends but I think he’ll take a leave pretty much until the next game. I was home again for a couple of days so as you know I get much better connection. As I write this, I am gone again for a few days, so I won’t play til the weekender event.

But based on what your saying, that’s pretty sharp scoring by everyone. I was lucky to score a couple of Eagles, that’s all.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:18 pm
I'm going to have to quit scheduling desert courses... you guys ate that one up today! -15, -14, and -13. I felt like I'd been lapped a couple of times at -7!
That course was a walk in the park compared to Eastlake! I made a few long breaking birdies so that helped me edge you guys...that's about it. I wasn't ball striking that well...if you look at my fairways off the tee anyway. :)

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I think I am going to take a break on our society until it starts up on 2k23. I have some backlog games I could use the extra time to work on. Look forward to seeing you guys on 2k23.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:18 pm
I think I am going to take a break on our society until it starts up on 2k23. I have some backlog games I could use the extra time to work on. Look forward to seeing you guys on 2k23.
I've decided to cut the weekend tournaments back to 36 holes over four days, now that the official tournament season is over. We'll run with until the new game drops. Look forward to playing 2K23 with you JOZ. It sounds like the chipping and pitching game is going to be a little more challenging in the new game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Is anyone else excited for this new release? Everything I see just sound like a gimmick. They gave a very select number of youtubers limited time with the game and I'm not sure this is worth $60. Is anyone buying this on launch day?
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:59 pm
Is anyone else excited for this new release? Everything I see just sound like a gimmick. They gave a very select number of youtubers limited time with the game and I'm not sure this is worth $60. Is anyone buying this on launch day?
It's $70 for the Series X, I may wait to see what the price is on black Friday. Not super impressed with what they've shown so far.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have it preordered. All of the people who got early codes of the game have been very positive abut what they have seen/played. I am looking forward to the 3 click swing. Swing animations and lighting have improved a lot. I am looking forward to playing it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:59 pm
This is the least excited I've ever been for a Golf Club/PGA TOUR 2K game I've been for a number of reasons. That being said, I went against my better judgement and ordered the Deluxe version at $99.99. It offers nothing of interest to me in terms of extras, outside of the extra 1,200 VC (or whatever the amount is). I'll take the extra VC and be able to buy clothing and equipment I'd prefer a little sooner in my 2K 23 life cycle. I don't care a thing about playing with or as Michael Jordan, or using gold clubs. I went Deluxe because I knew it would eat me up to have to sit back and watch, read, and listen to others yucking it up about the game for three days while I sit on the sidelines.

I finally justified it by rationalizing that I'm going to be administering two Societies in 2K23 (I also administer the Reddit XBox PGA TOUR 2K21 Society, which averages about 110 players a week), and I'll need to be able to test some Society settings and functionality before the Societies are officially started on October 17th.

The two biggest questions I've got about the game really haven't been approached by the NextMakers, at least not that I've been able to find. 1.) Does the swing have any more feel, nuance, intuitive quality to it? 2.) What is the difference between what they're calling the "Quality" and "Performance" mode on the XBox and PS4/5? I probably wont get an answer to either of those until I fire it up and play it myself next Tuesday morning.

So many things have disappointed me about what I've read thus far. Career mode is still severely handicapped. You can't play with another player in your group, you really only see your caddy in cut scenes, sudden death is there but it's gimped. You can't sub non-official courses in your season to use player created courses (unless they're "curated" courses by 2K). Multiplayer doesn't get much of an enhancement either. Still have the same limited official matchmaking choices, sudden death is decided by closest to the hole on the "playoff" hold tee shot. Andy you still can't concede a putt in matchplay!? 8O Top Golf doesn't seem to add much in the way of a viable alternative, but at least we have the return of Divot Derby! :lol:

Fortunately, I spend at least 85% of my time playing Society rounds in this game and I'm at least hoping for some new wrinkles added to it. None of the NextMakers have been able to comment on that in my travels.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JC you bought which version?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:50 pm
JC you bought which version?
It's called the Deluxe version version (digital). It was $99.99. It bills itself with the following:

This edition includes PGA TOUR 2K23 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

The PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition includes:

Deluxe Bonus Pack
1300 VC
1 Hockey Stick Putter
1 Gold Baseball Cap
1 Gold Golf Glove
3 Rare Golf Ball Sleeves

Michael Jordan Bonus Pack
Playable Michael Jordan

4 Common Golf Ball Sleeves
Golden Club Pack
1 Golden Driver
1 Golden Putter
4 Uncommon Golf Ball Sleeves

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am currently playing PGA 2K23 (The New Zealand time zone trick works). I have only messed with the swing for a but but it definitely has a DIFFERENT feel. I haven’t tried the 3 Click yet. Graphics are improved. The all of the assets are crisper. Tiger’s swing is nice. More in a bit.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Swing audio (ball strikes, etc.) have been redone and are more realistic. You can hear the ball cutting through the air right off the club face. By default, the swing stick is more difficult in my opinion.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Graphics settings are either QUALITY (higher resolution) or PERFORMANCE (higher FPS). The range is much improved. Many greens to work with.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The 3 Click Swing is fun. It’s different than “classic” 3 click swings. It is a circle that fills up (power) with a press and hold. When you let go of the press and hold a dial begins (counter clockwise). The second and third clicks are at the top of the circle and bottom of the circle. The higher the difficulty the faster the dial spins…and the “perfect swing” areas get smaller. I will definitely be messing with this swing style.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Long time no talk folks. I still lurk from time to time.

Semi-retired now.. worked as a pro-shop attendant at a course this season, in addition to consulting for Qualcomm (the company I retired from).

Playing more video games again...and am interested in joining a society for 2k23. I have a PS5.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

James_E wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:09 am

Semi-retired now.. worked as a pro-shop attendant at a course this season, in addition to consulting for Qualcomm (the company I retired from).

Playing more video games again...and am interested in joining a society for 2k23. I have a PS5.
Nice to hear from you James! Hope you are doing well! I am thinking of picking this up even though I barely touched 2K21. Thanks for the feedback so far Diablo.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

James_E wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:09 am

James, I worked for the Q for 20 years, from 1994 to 2014. Eudora, OmniTracs, Consumer Products (Tagg the Pet Tracker & Gimbal). Would be interested to know if we crossed paths. Real name is Al Wilson.

rhymes450
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by rhymes450 »

Picked this up in a bargain bin the other day after reading a few very positive reviews. Had no idea the latest version was due for release. Only played about four rounds of golf in my entire life, though a fair bit of pitch and putt (not sure if you have that in the US) when I was a young kid. Have watched a bit on TV and had a couple of golf games in the past but nothing that engaged me (might not have invested enough time). Now learning to read greens a bit and hit fairways consistently, more or less :o . Still doing around 5 over on amateur but I can definitely see why this game has caught on amongst you serious real and virtual golfers. I wouldn't class myself as a real gamer but PGA TOUR 2K21 is only second to Snooker 19 (similar laid-back vibe in single-player mode) amongst the non-soccer games I've played and that order might change too.