XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Post by F308GTB »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:53 pm

VR doesn't interest me. I don't know if there is much interest for it among the general gaming community.
I don't have a dog in this fight being I ditched consoles after the 360 and PS3 and have been PC exclusive up to last month (bought a Switch OLED). VR has a firm place in my gaming - racing and flying sims are taken to another level compared to pancake modes. And games like Half Life Alyx, Star Wars Squadrons, Pinball FX2 VR, Beat Saber, and some others are fantastic implementations of VR. Once you have played a game with solid VR support, the interest sticks. But then again, that level of quality may not trickle down to the console crowd.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Right now, I play my Series X almost 100 percent of the time over the PS5 simply because of Game Pass and the preference for multi-platform games on the console. However, at present time, the PS5 wipes the floor when it comes to single player exclusive games. And that's what I gravitate towards as online doesn't interest me too much. Their list of titles are excellent and offer an incredible variety. Except for a few series (Forza, Ori, and maybe Psychonauts 2), there's really not a Xbox exclusive title that remotely interests me. The Halo and Gears series has passed me by. I'm hopeful with MS investing in more developer studios, single player titles will continue to be a priority.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:58 pm
Right now, I play my Series X almost 100 percent of the time over the PS5 simply because of Game Pass and the preference for multi-platform games on the console. However, at present time, the PS5 wipes the floor when it comes to single player exclusive games. And that's what I gravitate towards as online doesn't interest me too much. Their list of titles are excellent and offer an incredible variety. Except for a few series (Forza, Ori, and maybe Psychonauts 2), there's really not a Xbox exclusive title that remotely interests me. The Halo and Gears series has passed me by. I'm hopeful with MS investing in more developer studios, single player titles will continue to be a priority.
Don't bank on that. Xbox Live is a pillar of Microsoft's strategy and an area where it has a significant edge on Sony. Why would MS focus on single-player games when it has a far more robust online gaming ecosystem than Sony?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 pm
sportdan30 wrote:
Don't bank on that. Xbox Live is a pillar of Microsoft's strategy and an area where it has a significant edge on Sony. Why would MS focus on single-player games when it has a far more robust online gaming ecosystem than Sony?
For me every title that is a single player "exclusive" is in a series that has been going on forever. God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted etc. All good games but long in the tooth much like Gears and Halo. Game Pass allows so many titles to see the life of day I would of never paid attention to. I haven't turned on my PS4 in over a year because there is nothing making me do so and some of these games are on or coming to the PC. Playing Horizon and Days Gone on my PC was such a better experience than on my PS4 but I know my PC is not "typical" as most don't spend 3-4 grand on their PC setup.

I look at it as MS is investing and pushing the future of gaming and Sony just wants it to stay the same. I wouldn't be surprised if way down the road Sony focuses on making games and lets MS handle the ecosystem. Regardless MS is making bold moves and Sony is just kind of staying the course. If MS acquires Ubisoft or EA then it really gets crazy.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:36 pm
pk500 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 pm
sportdan30 wrote:
For me every title that is a single player "exclusive" is in a series that has been going on forever. God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted etc. All good games but long in the tooth much like Gears and Halo. Game Pass allows so many titles to see the life of day I would of never paid attention to. I haven't turned on my PS4 in over a year because there is nothing making me do so and some of these games are on or coming to the PC. Playing Horizon and Days Gone on my PC was such a better experience than on my PS4 but I know my PC is not "typical" as most don't spend 3-4 grand on their PC setup.

I look at it as MS is investing and pushing the future of gaming and Sony just wants it to stay the same. I wouldn't be surprised if way down the road Sony focuses on making games and lets MS handle the ecosystem. Regardless MS is making bold moves and Sony is just kind of staying the course. If MS acquires Ubisoft or EA then it really gets crazy.
Cannot argue with some of your points but games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima are not ‘long in the tooth’ (neither is The Last of Us). They are two of the best game of the last several years. They are, IMO, better than any single player on the Xbox…and I am an Xbox lifer/whore :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I havent read where games like Starfield, Avowed and Hellblade II were going to be multiplayer.

As far I know these games and more are all going to be single player. Have I missed something?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:00 pm
Cannot argue with some of your points but games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Ghost of Tsushima are not ‘long in the tooth’ (neither is The Last of Us). They are two of the best game of the last several years. They are, IMO, better than any single player on the Xbox…and I am an Xbox lifer/whore :D
I never played Ghosts but lets take Last of Us, it might not be long in to tooth but released in 2013, Remastered in 2014. Then a not well received sequel in 2020. Seven years between installments. HZD which is personally one of my favorite games of all time, released 2017, ported to PC 2020 and supposedly the sequel is releasing Feb. 2022. Again 5 years between installments. I'm not saying these are excessive development times, I'm saying for the, lets be generous 10-12 single player experiences there are long hauls of lulls with not much to talk about which is why I haven't turned on my PS in over a year.

If someone manages to pull of cloud gaming that works and delivers then specific hardware becomes irrelevant. MS is looking / betting on the future, I have no idea what Sony is doing.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

One game I would never have played if not for Game Pass is Firewatch. A brilliantly written adventure game based on adult subject matter.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:18 pm
One game I would never have played if not for Game Pass is Firewatch. A brilliantly written adventure game based on adult subject matter.
Just started thin one about a week ago and really liking it. Definitely wouldn’t have given it a shot if it weren’t for Game Pass.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Not sure if this is on the Xbox but I'm enjoying The Last Kids on Earth
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Warhammer 3, yes please!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Flight Sim is now available on xcloud. You dont need a next gen xbox console to play it!

I just tried it on my 8 year old mac book air using chrome browser.

AMAZING! I really don't need to buy a next gen console yet.

***** UPDATE - WORKS ON XBOX ONE THRU GAMEPASS APP VIA XCOUD!

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

So any ETA on when Call of Duty games will be on GP?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I highly highly recommend Tunic - which was released yesterday on Gamepass. Absolute fantastic old school Zelda feel, but waaaaay more difficult when it comes to battles. Looks fantastic, extremely well done presentation and giant levels/maps. I started playing last night at around midnight (after downloading Shredded as well, another recommendation as a snowboard game) and didn't turn it off until 2am when I looked at the clock.

Engrossing and extremely difficult as they don't give you any direction whatsoever. They drop you and you figure it out. You pick up pieces of the "user guide" along the way that helps you piece together some of your moves/strategy, but that's about it. Some have compared it to the Dark Souls/Eden Ring type difficulty, but the good news for me is that you can turn off dying...so you can just battle your way through the game without worrying about the ridiculous difficulty. I definitely would have given up by now if there wasn't a way to do that...which is why I don't play those DS type games.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Shedders is getting good reviews. In gamepass today. Snowboarding game.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

After a few more hours with Tunic and it likely will make my top ten list ever in terms of pure enjoyment. What a brilliant game.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:44 am
After a few more hours with Tunic and it likely will make my top ten list ever in terms of pure enjoyment. What a brilliant game.
I'm looking forward to spending some time with this game during this week.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy. There are some audio issues at times, but it's a good, satisfying game, and much better than the Avengers game.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Xcloud gaming has been terrific so far. They keep adding so many more games.

I don't have much space on my systems so this is a great option to play without hogging up HD/SSD space.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:27 am
I highly highly recommend Tunic - which was released yesterday on Gamepass. Absolute fantastic old school Zelda feel, but waaaaay more difficult when it comes to battles. Looks fantastic, extremely well done presentation and giant levels/maps. I started playing last night at around midnight (after downloading Shredded as well, another recommendation as a snowboard game) and didn't turn it off until 2am when I looked at the clock.

Engrossing and extremely difficult as they don't give you any direction whatsoever. They drop you and you figure it out. You pick up pieces of the "user guide" along the way that helps you piece together some of your moves/strategy, but that's about it. Some have compared it to the Dark Souls/Eden Ring type difficulty, but the good news for me is that you can turn off dying...so you can just battle your way through the game without worrying about the ridiculous difficulty. I definitely would have given up by now if there wasn't a way to do that...which is why I don't play those DS type games.
Checked this game out last night and it's definitely my speed. Very engaging, visually very appealing, and a fun, challenging, adventure game. A little strange controlling a fox, but I like the overall design. I've shelved Elden Ring for the foreseeable future as it was becoming too much of a grind and stressful. Looking to dig more in to this game. Thanks for the recommendation!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Shredders is a very cool snowboarding game with some pretty nice visuals. I have to be in the mood for this type of game because of all the different controls and move sets. There's plenty of objectives to work through, but it looks to be a game to mess around with for a half hour or so at a time.

Still makes me long for a new SSX game.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I m playing JUST CAUSE 4 based on a recommendation and it's amazing. I'm playing it on Xcloud which is even cooler because it's a game I probably wont play too long so I don't need to really install it. Also, I can go resume it if I'm on the bus / train or riding in the car thru my phone or ipad.

Tunic and Shedders I'll eventually get to

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:04 pm
Shredders is a very cool snowboarding game with some pretty nice visuals. I have to be in the mood for this type of game because of all the different controls and move sets. There's plenty of objectives to work through, but it looks to be a game to mess around with for a half hour or so at a time.

Still makes me long for a new SSX game.
I long for a new SSX game, too, but with what they did with the last one I have 0 f-ing faith in their ability to make a good game with the IP. SSX 3 via BC on the Series X/S is, to this day, still one of my favorite games of all-time.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The original SSX ruled on the PlayStation.

Here's another blast from the extreme sports past that deserves a sequel or remaster: Sled Storm, the snowmobile tricks and racing game for the original PlayStation. That game ROCKED eight days per week. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:38 pm
The original SSX ruled on the PlayStation.

Here's another blast from the extreme sports past that deserves a sequel or remaster: Sled Storm, the snowmobile tricks and racing game for the original PlayStation. That game ROCKED eight days per week. :)
what was that horse racing game called you liked on ps2?