XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Post by Diablo25 »

LARGE news indeed. Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

unreal what's coming in Jan on gamepass

Hitman Trilogy OMG

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Ubisoft share prices jumped after the Microsoft, Activision buyout. Some think Ubisoft could be next for MS to purchase. Sony lost $20bn after the Microsoft news. I don't want to see Sony get pummeled as the gaming industry needs them. Nintendo is still the crown jewel who just do things their way and laughed when MS inquired about buying them out yrs ago.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 am
Ubisoft share prices jumped after the Microsoft, Activision buyout. Some think Ubisoft could be next for MS to purchase. Sony lost $20bn after the Microsoft news. I don't want to see Sony get pummeled as the gaming industry needs them. Nintendo is still the crown jewel who just do things their way and laughed when MS inquired about buying them out yrs ago.
EA also rumored to be in the MS crosshairs.

Sony looks to be pretty f*cked. MS is buying many major studios and is fully committed to GamePass and cloud gaming, which looks to be the correct bet.

While the PlayStation brand is strong and enduring, Sony stuck to a physical hardware strategy that's looking increasingly antiquated as the weeks and months pass. The traditional, conservative, consenus-gathering nature of Japanese corporations will make Sony even slower to react as MS steamrolls forward.

Sony and the PlayStation aren't going anywhere in gaming. But their perch as top dogs is VERY tenuous. Blockbuster was a physical product juggernaut in 1995; 15 years later, it was toasted and roasted by streaming.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

But PK, the Sony first party exclusives!!! :D :D :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:30 pm
I don't know if this is an actual Tweet from Sony's Kaz Hirai but if it's true he's just trying to throw shade on Microsoft. Sony is VERY worried that Microsoft is just piling on.

"At Sony we wanted to make a very strong and principled stance against employee harassment, which is why 30 minutes ago we decided to never work with Activision Blizzard again"
— Ex-CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO) January 18, 2022
That's from a parody account. But, I'm sure Sony is more than a bit concerned.

'We expect that Microsoft will abide by contractual agreements and continue to ensure Activision games are multiplatform.'

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... tation-wsj

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:45 pm
But PK, the Sony first party exclusives!!! :D :D :D
Ha! The only one that ever interested me came to GamePass last spring -- The Show.

Gran Turismo would be the only other Sony title that might interest me, but that's a forgotten, neglected franchise in the exhaust of Forza.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

https://www.cdkeys.com/3-month-xbox-gam ... gJUcfD_BwE

I bought 4 of these today and plugged them in so I could get another year for pretty close to $60 less than the monthly cost. Just an FYI.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I must say I cant put a price on the entertainment value of this news.

Youtube can be a fun place.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

why is Phil Spencer p***y footing with Sony now?

If the shoe was on the other foot and Sony acquired a stuido that would hurt MS, they would make it exclusive on playstation in a new york minute.

Xbox can't play nice. Go for the kill!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Windjammers 2 is why I love Game Pass. I never would have tried this game and it's a lot of fun. It kind of reminds me of something Sega would have put on the Dreamcast.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm

If the shoe was on the other foot and Sony acquired a stuido that would hurt MS, they would make it exclusive on playstation in a new york minute.

I’m just guessing, but I sort of think MS sees having Gamepass available on PlayStation hardware as their ultimate dream. I think they’d prefer that over burying Sony in the video game space. Play nice now and twist the screws slowly over time.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Zeppo wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:37 pm
Lancer wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm

I’m just guessing, but I sort of think MS sees having Gamepass available on PlayStation hardware as their ultimate dream. I think they’d prefer that over burying Sony in the video game space. Play nice now and twist the screws slowly over time.

I thought I read this March Sony was going to debut their own gamepass version?

In the long term maybe they keep it exclusive. But in the short term, games like COD will be day 1 releases 'free' on gamepass while you're going to have to pay $70 on Playstation.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

As a consumer I don’t see the benefits of any company burying over each other. We are talking about Sony now, who over the past few years has had an advantage over sales in general. Most likely first party games will benefit MS but it would be silly for them to shut any doors. So if I can play CoD for the first month of its release as an exclusive for xbox, great. But why shut the door on Sony or Nintendo if sales will continue to grow later?

You don’t think it was brilliant that The Show was playable also for xbox?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:29 pm
I thought I read somewhere that that was required by MLB Baseball if it gave Sony the licenses again. But maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

10spro wrote:
As a consumer I don’t see the benefits of any company burying over each other. We are talking about Sony now, who over the past few years has had an advantage over sales in general. Most likely first party games will benefit MS but it would be silly for them to shut any doors. So if I can play CoD for the first month of its release as an exclusive for xbox, great. But why shut the door on Sony or Nintendo if sales will continue to grow later?

Sony had nothing to do w/ that. It was MLB. MLB wouldn't renew the license unless Sony had The Show on multiple platforms.

No way would Sony volunteer to put their own studio's prime sports title on the competing console.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:57 pm
https://www.cdkeys.com/3-month-xbox-gam ... gJUcfD_BwE

I bought 4 of these today and plugged them in so I could get another year for pretty close to $60 less than the monthly cost. Just an FYI.
Thanks for posting. My sub runs out in June so I also picked up 4 of the 3 month cards for about $120.. When I put the first one in it gave me an extra free month for keeping on auto subscribe.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:06 pm
10spro wrote:

Sony had nothing to do w/ that. It was MLB. MLB wouldn't renew the license unless Sony had The Show on multiple platforms.

No way would Sony volunteer to put their own studio's prime sports title on the competing console.
Yeah, that was the MLB forcing Sony's hand. Sony still has a few advantages, 1) their exclusives, 2) 1st party games 3) and VR support. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Uncharted, Last of Us or any of those games on the Xbox and why would they do it? Microsoft has money burning a whole in its pocket whereas Sony's money making division is the Playstation.

Wrt Sony VR, supposedly the next gen VR2 for the PS5 is getting a massive upgrade, i.e. no external camera required and OLED 4K HDR screens with 110 deg FOV and 90/120Hz. This is probably going to be pretty expensive like $500-600, just my guess.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Honestly, the only thing Sony really has left are their exclusive 1st party games…and they are superb. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, The Last of Us (1 & 2) are INCREDIBLE games. Horizon Forbidden West and the next GOW are on the way for this year. I did read up on the new PSVR and the specs looks great BUT VR is kinda a niche gaming category. I don’t think it will be a game changer for Sony.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:10 pm
Honestly, the only thing Sony really has left are their exclusive 1st party games…and they are superb. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, The Last of Us (1 & 2) are INCREDIBLE games. Horizon Forbidden West and the next GOW are on the way for this year. I did read up on the new PSVR and the specs looks great BUT VR is kinda a niche gaming category. I don’t think it will be a game changer for Sony.
That's true that VR is niche but Sony does officially support it and there are some quality VR games at least for the PS4. Microsoft has not embraced VR so no support. The Playstation however is still very strong in the European market whereas the Xbox brand is strong in the US. Returnal on the PS5 is a very good game, tough as nails though.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The company was for sale. MS didn't buy it to keep it from sony or to crush sony or to make sony fanbabies who cant figure out how to sign up for gamepass weep. sony are not MicroSoft's competition. They make TVs, consoles and God of War.

Its not about silly console wars. Its about the future. The likes of Google and Amazon are their competitors.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:46 pm
Yeah, that was the MLB forcing Sony's hand. Sony still has a few advantages, 1) their exclusives, 2) 1st party games 3) and VR support. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Uncharted, Last of Us or any of those games on the Xbox and why would they do it?s.
Well Horizon, Days Gone, Detroit and now God of War have all made it to the PC via Steam so I would never say never. Unless Sony comes up with something to compete with GamePass they may have to get those first party games out to other platforms.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:36 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
That's true that VR is niche but Sony does officially support it and there are some quality VR games at least for the PS4. Microsoft has not embraced VR so no support. The Playstation however is still very strong in the European market whereas the Xbox brand is strong in the US. Returnal on the PS5 is a very good game, tough as nails though.
VR won't matter much in five years, when the metaverse is up and running. Facebook and Microsoft will duel for superiority in the metaverse and bring VR gaming there, so Sony will be left out eventually unless it can leverage its huge PlayStation user install base to get a VR foothold.

But fair warning: Facebook's userbase DWARFS Sony's PlayStation userbase. And if Microsoft embeds easy access to its version of the metaverse into every computer with Windows and on Xboxes, Sony will be at an even greater disadvantage.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:27 am
The company was for sale. MS didn't buy it to keep it from sony or to crush sony or to make sony fanbabies who cant figure out how to sign up for gamepass weep. sony are not MicroSoft's competition. They make TVs, consoles and God of War.

Its not about silly console wars. Its about the future. The likes of Google and Amazon are their competitors.
BINGO. Well said.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
I've never been interested in any of Sony's exclusive games other than MLB THE SHOW. Which is now on xbox.

The only Sony exclusive game I did enjoy was Ghosts but it wasn't like a must have game.

VR doesn't interest me. I don't know if there is much interest for it among the general gaming community.