NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021-22

Post by Rodster »

The Dolphins are a giant clusterf789. If the pay to lose is proven (there appears to be a smoking gun) then the NFL should force Stephan Ross to sell the team. Though, I disagree with Brian Flores on the racism part. He can’t prove racism when the Dolphins have Chris Grier, Brian Flores, Reggie McKenzie in the front office. The league has hired several black coaches. And they get fired usually when the team doesn’t improve. The same goes for white coaches as well. NFL head coaches in general are on a short leash to make their team a playoff contender and typically have a 3 yr shelf life to make things happen.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:56 am
The Dolphins are a giant clusterf789. If the pay to lose is proven (there appears to be a smoking gun) then the NFL should force Stephan Ross to sell the team. Though, I disagree with Brian Flores on the racism part. He can’t prove racism when the Dolphins have Chris Grier, Brian Flores, Reggie McKenzie in the front office. The league has hired several black coaches. And they get fired usually when the team doesn’t improve. The same goes for white coaches as well. NFL head coaches in general are on a short leash to make their team a playoff contender and typically have a 3 yr shelf life to make things happen.
I too agree about the racism part as well. Over the past couple decades there have been lots of black coaches in the NFL. Like anyplace else, you have to perform or else you get fired. People also have to realize that black males make up less than 7% of the overall population. So that means if there are 2 black head coaches in the NFL, then it coincides with the dispersion of population. Now that doesn't take in consideration females, so we really need to double that number, so 4 is a more accurate representation. But if you add up all the assistant coaches and coordinators, then I bet that number exceeds 15%.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:09 am
Rodster wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:56 am
I too agree about the racism part as well. Over the past couple decades there have been lots of black coaches in the NFL. Like anyplace else, you have to perform or else you get fired. People also have to realize that black males make up less than 7% of the overall population. So that means if there are 2 black head coaches in the NFL, then it coincides with the dispersion of population. Now that doesn't take in consideration females, so we really need to double that number, so 4 is a more accurate representation. But if you add up all the assistant coaches and coordinators, then I bet that number exceeds 15%.
The “black males only make up 7% of the population” argument doesn’t float. That percentage doesn’t apply to the % of black males that make up the NFL. Its apples and oranges. The Dolphins are Definitely a cluster right now though.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:19 pm
The “black males only make up 7% of the population” argument doesn’t float. That percentage doesn’t apply to the % of black males that make up the NFL. Its apples and oranges. The Dolphins are Definitely a cluster right now though.
I agree that argument doesn't float but I'm getting this is more a disgruntled coach then a racism case feel. The throwing games thing is a totally separate issue which I'll set aside. Flores gave an interview talking highly about the Denver interview process after it happened. Now people will and have said it was just a black coach saying the appropriate things but in a civil case which is what this will be that is damaging evidence to Flores.

The whole Bellicheck text thing, if you read it the way it was sent and not the way Flores camp wants you to interpret it, hoodie says he read it wrong. Both coaches first names are Brian after all, but the Flores supporters are saying Bellicheck was covering and texted the wrong guy. Again believable but hard to prove based on the text messages provided. Naming other coaches in the case saying they got fired early before white coaches or some didn't get chances looks good for what he is claiming but hard to prove a pattern of. Finally the Flores camp keep alluding to having "evidence" in the form of emails, texts etc. In my opinion people who have evidence release it, those who don't claim to have it. I see no reason to be holding back any smoking gun evidence in the racism claim.

That said do I feel their is a biased against hiring coaches of color? yes on some teams but not in the league as a whole. Do I think the Rooney rule is flawed? yes I do. Is it sad that such a rule is needed? Hell Yes. However for whatever reason the Flores claims are just not feeling legitimate to me, more could come out to sway me but right now I'm thinking he has exaggerated some of his claims.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Flores best outcome if he wants to throw his boss under the bus is by proving the “pay to lose” claim. Racism I thought was sour grapes because like I said, the Dolphins had the only black front office in the league which was (Chris Grier, Brian Flores), Nat Moore, Reggie McKenzie (advisor) and Jason Jenkins. They also have the Williams sisters as minority stake owners.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Sudz wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:29 am
Washington Commanders
As a lifelong fan of the team from ol’ DC, and one who became truly aware of the racist history of the team itself and the old nickname once I was in my late teens, I find the choice pretty disappointing, but not surprising, considering the misery the current owner has put us through the last 20-odd years. I was hoping for Redtail Hawks or Red Tails or Red Wolves - some kind of animal, which for me are generally the best NFL team names. But no, they have to go all military, and of course invite the obvious question: commanders of what? Certainly not any opposing NFL team :| , or even a functional understanding of how to play the game.

I’m just thankful and relieved they kept the colors.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:06 am
Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:19 pm
I agree that argument doesn't float but I'm getting this is more a disgruntled coach then a racism case feel. The throwing games thing is a totally separate issue which I'll set aside. Flores gave an interview talking highly about the Denver interview process after it happened. Now people will and have said it was just a black coach saying the appropriate things but in a civil case which is what this will be that is damaging evidence to Flores.

The whole Bellicheck text thing, if you read it the way it was sent and not the way Flores camp wants you to interpret it, hoodie says he read it wrong. Both coaches first names are Brian after all, but the Flores supporters are saying Bellicheck was covering and texted the wrong guy. Again believable but hard to prove based on the text messages provided. Naming other coaches in the case saying they got fired early before white coaches or some didn't get chances looks good for what he is claiming but hard to prove a pattern of. Finally the Flores camp keep alluding to having "evidence" in the form of emails, texts etc. In my opinion people who have evidence release it, those who don't claim to have it. I see no reason to be holding back any smoking gun evidence in the racism claim.

That said do I feel their is a biased against hiring coaches of color? yes on some teams but not in the league as a whole. Do I think the Rooney rule is flawed? yes I do. Is it sad that such a rule is needed? Hell Yes. However for whatever reason the Flores claims are just not feeling legitimate to me, more could come out to sway me but right now I'm thinking he has exaggerated some of his claims.
Fair enough. I agree that if they have “evidence” simply release it. It is very believable that Hoodie simply texted the wrong guy.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The other problem Brian Flores will have in proving his racism case is, his own hiring of assistants as he believes in hiring the best most qualified. Supposedly, he hired a total of 20, fifteen were white and 5 were black.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Diablo25 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:01 am

Fair enough. I agree that if they have “evidence” simply release it. It is very believable that Hoodie simply texted the wrong guy.
I get the sense that you guys aren’t aware there is now a law suit that has been filed and is pending in this matter. The evidence will be released in court. No one would release their evidence to the press before the legal process.

Also my understanding of the Bellicheck thing is that the text from him mistakenly sent to Flores was congratulating the other guy BEFORE FLORES HAD HIS INTERVIEW. Meaning, Flores’s interview was just for show, and they had already decided who they were going to hire before even interviewing Flores, which is essentially the main problem this law suit is alleging. Teams are abiding by the Rooney rule but only for show, to check some NFL required boxes, and not abiding by it in good faith (which is an inherent requirement of the Rooney rule).

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Flores will land another head coaching job somewhere in the NFL, just hope this doesn't hurt his chances. Maybe not this year, but I would like to see if he could turn another dysfunctional team around like the Lions or Falcons. Seahawks job most likely will be open next year and that would be a good spot to land too.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

AcemanPR wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:41 am
Flores will land another head coaching job somewhere in the NFL, just hope this doesn't hurt his chances. Maybe not this year, but I would like to see if he could turn another dysfunctional team around like the Lions or Falcons. Seahawks job most likely will be open next year and that would be a good spot to land too.
In have a feeling that filing this lawsuit against the NFL, which is essentially a rich boys club of absurdly wealthy ass-hole owners, will mean he is likely never to get hired by an NFL team again. And I think he is fully aware of that.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Zeppo wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:44 am
AcemanPR wrote:
In have a feeling that filing this lawsuit against the NFL, which is essentially a rich boys club of absurdly wealthy ass-hole owners, will mean he is likely never to get hired by an NFL team again. And I think he is fully aware of that.
Bingo. Absurdly wealthy WHITE ass-hole owners -- who have barely escaped the plantation mentality.

The NFL's record on race is abysmal. 75% of the players are people of color, with just 15.6% of coaches of color. Only 15.6% of GMs, 16.2% of VPs and 20.4% of senior administration are Black.

Compare that to the NBA. 83.2% of players are of color, with 50% of coaches of color. 40% of GMs, 25% of VPs and 32% of senior administration are Black.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Zeppo wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:44 am
AcemanPR wrote:

It's likely to be like Kaepernick situation.

He was clearly being blackballed while the owners kept denying it. Yet they kept 2nd and 3rd stringers who were clearly horrible.

So some of the coaches hired this offseason will likely not be able to turn around the teams and they will be out of jobs in a couple of years.

A little-known thing was that Texans fired David Culley after one season, despite the situation he inherited with Watson who has a huge contract there. Culley is black. Could any coach have done better given the situation? Until they make a final decision and move with Watson, that team can't begin to rebuild.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

“ Under an agreement signed shortly after the NFL took over the investigation into its Washington team’s workplace, the league and team vowed that neither side would disclose information about the probe without the approval of the other, a document released by members of Congress on Friday shows.
The document, known as a “Common Interest Agreement,” spells out that the NFL and team “share common legal interests” in the wake of dozens of women detailing to The Washington Post experiences of being sexually harassed, demeaned and degraded by team officials.
The existence of the agreement, which was obtained by a congressional committee investigating the NFL’s handling of the team’s toxic culture and which was released Friday morning, undermines claims that the NFL’s probe was impartial, the House Democrats who released the documents said.”

Just wanted to copy this over from the Wash Post article for anyone who still imagines Flores’s lawsuit is meritless or that he’ll ever get another NFL job.

“… share common legal interests.”

If the NFL owners can’t cast out or in any meaningful way deal with such an awful, toxic and reprehensible human being as Snyder from their ranks, even as his dysfunctional leadership has driven into the dumps what was at one time early after he bought the team the MOST VALUABLE SPORTS FRANCHISE IN THE WORLD because they are so afraid of potentially being subject to being forced to air their own dirty laundry in public, well, what chance does anyone have outside of legal action of forcing them to live up to their own agreed-upon protocols to try to combat racism in hiring? As far as I see it, the decent ownership groups, of which there are very few (the Packers being one due to their unique structure) clearly have far too little leverage against the worst bunch, and nothing will truly change except by outside force.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Enjoy the game, boys.

My early plays, with more props to come:

Bengals +4.5
Burrow over 1.5 TD passes

Happy wagering!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I remember back in the early 70’s when my interest in the NFL leapfrogged baseball. Now my interest in the NBA is far greater than the NFL. Adam Silver even said he wants Basketball to be the #1 sport in the world. He may get his wish in a couple of decades because in the 16-25 yr old bracket, they prefer the NBA by a wide margin. Us old folks don’t count anymore. :P

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-fina ... ge-looming

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I have a wager that Cooper Kupp will be the MVP. Another one on the Bengals. I’ll break even. :twisted:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I won all my bets and I enjoyed the game. I didn't like the flags at the end of the game, not because they were bad calls but because for 55 minutes you didn't call anything. None of the holds on Ramsey, the Offensive PI by Higgins, the holding calls on the Bengals O-line. Then they went nuts with the flags. If Joe ever gets an offensive line that team will be dangerous.

The Rams mortgaged their future to win this super bowl so congrats to them. Overall it was great season of post season football.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sure felt like the Rams were down by 20 the way the announcers were calling the game. One possession of ticky tack officiating and it’s all over. Fun game overall and another close one. NFL cant ask for more I guess.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

How sweet it is!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Go buy your Rams Super Bowl LVI Champion stuff NOW!!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

So f***in sweet ...Too f***in sweet!!!!