NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021-22

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:20 pm
So is Trevor Lawrence a possible bust i.e. Josh Rosen or is it that he's playing on an awful team? IIRC, the Indianapolis Colts were terrible but Andrew Luck instantly made them a playoff contender. I saw him play in one game and that was against the Dolphins in London and he never struck me as a generational QB the way the draft pundits said he would become. It's obviously way too early but i'm not impressed from what i've seen of his play. Although that could quickly change if he was traded to the Dolphins. :)
If you watch Hard Knocks Colts, the Colts coaches talk about Lawrence's attributes.

Unless he's unmotivated like JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf, he's got too much talent.

I don't know who the QB coach or OC is. You'd hope Meyer has hired some NFL veteran coaches, not bring over college coaches. Then again, the college spread offenses have had some success, like with the Cardinals.

But they're going to have to build up the roster too.

Lawrence obviously produced in college with a stacked roster there, including NFL first round WRs.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Too early to tell with Lawrence. His receiving corps isn't elite, and Meyer has no idea what he's doing in the NFL.
The latter for sure.. I doubt Meyer will last much longer.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:41 am
pk500 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Too early to tell with Lawrence. His receiving corps isn't elite, and Meyer has no idea what he's doing in the NFL.
The latter for sure.. I doubt Meyer will last much longer.
Meyer back to the Gators?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im one more first and goal empty backfield play call away from finding something else to do on Sunday...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It looks like Urban Meyer will be back looking for a coaching gig in college. Supposedly the last straw besides being a bad NFL coach, he physically kicked Josh Lambo during the preseason.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:47 am
It looks like Urban Meyer will be back looking for a coaching gig in college. Supposedly the last straw besides being a bad NFL coach, he physically kicked Josh Lambo during the preseason.
All of the college-to-NFL failures like Meyer, Saban, Kelly, Spurrier, Holtz and Petrino have a common denominator: Egomaniac coaches with a god complex and filled with passive-aggressive rah-rah sh*t are better suited to working with college kids than hardened professionals.

Meyer appears to be a special kind of sh*tbag among that group, with a reserved seat at the head of the d*ckhead table with Petrino.

Can't wait for St. Urban's teary interview with that cheesebag Tom Rinaldi next month on FOX, in which he claims he's a repentant, changed man who wants to coach again in college. So f*cking predictable.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They are unproven coaches without the best recruiting classes year after year.

And it’s not that they are great recruiters. The institutions have a recruiting advantage and assistants do most of the recruiting.

If they want to prove themselves, win in the NFL. Don’t bail at the first sign of adversity either.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 pm
If they want to prove themselves, win in the NFL. Don’t bail at the first sign of adversity either.
Urban didn't bail. Khan clearly had enough of his ineptitude and megalomaniacal antics and fired him.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lambo should have beat the s*** out of Meyer.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

WTF is wrong with Antonio Brown?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:57 pm
A clown as usual. Let me guess, he didn’t get the ball enough.

That was a great Cinci win.

Equally nice was the Rams comeback, hate them but enjoy watching Cooper Kupp.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Sudz wrote:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
He’s obviously got some mental problems.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Antonio Brown pulled a Ned Braden today.

If you know the classic movie "Slap Shot," you'll know what I'm talking about. :)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:36 am
Antonio Brown pulled a Ned Braden today.

If you know the classic movie "Slap Shot," you'll know what I'm talking about. :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Shocker, Brian Flores out and Chris Grier stays. Once again the clueless owner got it backwards. Flo wasn't as much of the problem as Grier. Grier, tanked and rebuilt this team with average players and he drafted Tua. He could have drafted Najee Harris but picked Hunter Long who rarely played. I shouldn't be surprised at the firing when rumors of Jim Harbaugh wanting to come back to the NFL began to surface.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

That is kind of surprising about Flores but his record is only 24-25, though 4-2 vs. Patriots.

I don't know what kind of team he inherited, what was their record before his first season?

I just saw that Ross said he would not be the one to hire Harbaugh away from Michigan, his alma mater.

I think Harbaugh has gone as far as he can at Michigan. Several SEC schools and OSU will always recruit better talent than he could, so he will always be at a disadvantage there.

So it would make sense for him to give the NFL another shot, while Saban can stay at Alabama forever and keep getting the best recruiting class.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So I just read a couple of stories from local beat writers that it was Flores who wanted Herbert and it was Grier who wanted Tua. If you are going to REBUILD AGAIN, and fire the HC, then he should have sacked the GM as well.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:29 pm
Shocker, Brian Flores out and Chris Grier stays. Once again the clueless owner got it backwards. Flo wasn't as much of the problem as Grier. Grier, tanked and rebuilt this team with average players and he drafted Tua. He could have drafted Najee Harris but picked Hunter Long who rarely played. I shouldn't be surprised at the firing when rumors of Jim Harbaugh wanting to come back to the NFL began to surface.
Any NFL team that hires Harbaugh is nuts. His NFL job shelf life is probably three years because of his desire for total control -- the hallmark of most great college coaches -- and because mature pros tend to have tuned out his rah-rah sh*t by then.

So, yeah: Your team probably will improve. But you'll be in the market for a new head coach by 2025, without question.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:43 pm
Rodster wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:29 pm
Any NFL team that hires Harbaugh is nuts. His NFL job shelf life is probably three years because of his desire for total control -- the hallmark of most great college coaches -- and because mature pros tend to have tuned out his rah-rah sh*t by then.

So, yeah: Your team probably will improve. But you'll be in the market for a new head coach by 2025, without question.
To be fair, that's the Dolphins M.O. anyway. They haven't had someone last more than 3 years since Wannstedt. Yikes.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Interesting read about constant friction between Flores and Ross. News flash: The owner ALWAYS wins.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/1/10 ... ephen-ross

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:59 pm
Interesting read about constant friction between Flores and Ross. News flash: The owner ALWAYS wins.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/1/10 ... ephen-ross
Every story I read makes it more and more ridiculous. I compare it to the Phoenix Suns. Their owner, Robert Sarver always meddled (just like Steven Ross)...until he finally got a decent GM that said leave the damn head coach alone. Brings in James Jones, a guy with pedigree, picks his coach, Monty Williams - and voila...instant success cuz the owner figured out how to stay the F out of it. If the Dolphins can't figure out how to do that, they will never be successful. Since Wayne Huizenga left - they have not had the stable front office AT ALL. And here were are, rebuilding again. Take the one good hire from a coaching standpoint and throw it all away cuz you got a tiny dick and a giant wallet. Wonderful. It's no wonder the NFL has moved to dead last in the major sports hierarchy in my eyes.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Dolphins have become a clown show. Stephen Ross needs to sell the team to the new majority owner. And the last time the Dolphins had back to back winning records was when Wanny was HC.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

BILLS. What a fundamental ass-kicking. Feels mighty sweet.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

8O Apparently the Bills had the 2nd best offensive game since 1980 in that blowout - Allen was otherworldly!