NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021-22

Post by wco81 »

Dolphins got a lot of high picks for trading away #3 this year, Tunsil last year.

Whom did they draft with all those picks?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:13 pm
So my point is Tua is the least of the Dolphins QB problems right now, ask Ryan Tannehill.
You keep brining up Tannehill like he had some sort of QB skills infusion. He has the one of if not the best RB in the game and he is only OK. Hell his QBR is only 7 points higher than Tua.

Almost any QB in the league can be serviceable with the right parts around him. If that is your definition of a good QB then Tua is your guy. Personally I want a QB who can win me a game on his own if he has too, that list is very short in the NFL I'll admit but I set my standards higher for that position then serviceable.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:35 pm
Rodster wrote:
So my point is Tua is the least of the Dolphins QB problems right now, ask Ryan Tannehill.
You keep brining up Tannehill like he had some sort of QB skills infusion. He has the one of if not the best RB in the game and he is only OK. Hell his QBR is only 7 points higher than Tua.

Almost any QB in the league can be serviceable with the right parts around him. If that is your definition of a good QB then Tua is your guy. Personally I want a QB who can win me a game on his own if he has too, that list is very short in the NFL I'll admit but I set my standards higher for that position then serviceable.
I think losing Adam Gase was a bigger factor in Tannehill's rise to competence more so than leaving Miami.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:35 pm
Rodster wrote:

You keep going back to Tua and I keep saying the problem runs deeper, a lot deeper than Tua. At this point it doesn't matter who's the QB for the Dolphins, you are going to see uneven results.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 pm
You keep going back to Tua and I keep saying the problem runs deeper, a lot deeper than Tua. At this point it doesn't matter who's the QB for the Dolphins, you are going to see uneven results.
I don't disagree the Dolphins suck, so do the Bears btw. What we apparently disagree on is even with a solid offensive line Tua would still be meh.

You're going to tell me if you put Tua on the Chiefs with all their weapons somehow Tua would be a significantly better QB?
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 pm
Rodster wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 pm
I don't disagree the Dolphins suck, so do the Bears btw. What we apparently disagree on is even with a solid offensive line Tua would still be meh.

You're going to tell me if you put Tua on the Chiefs with all their weapons somehow Tua would be a significantly better QB?
And that’s where you’re wrong because I don’t think Tua is going to be a good QB in the NFL. That should have been pretty apparent in his rookie year. As I have been saying, put Joe Burrows, Trevor Lawerence, Justin Herbert or any other highly touted College QB in the draft and you would probably get similar results because of the team the Dolphins have built. The problem runs much deeper than Tua at this point and has since Marino was shown the door.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:08 am
And that’s where you’re wrong because I don’t think Tua is going to be a good QB in the NFL.
I'm surprised base on comments you've made in the past. Regardless I get it, QB isn't the only issue but my team wasted 4 years on Trubisky and that is going to linger for more than those 4 years.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:45 am
I'm surprised base on comments you've made in the past. Regardless I get it, QB isn't the only issue but my team wasted 4 years on Trubisky and that is going to linger for more than those 4 years.
I'm curious at what comments I made otherwise regarding Tua that made you think that. I thought I was pretty clear that I hoped the Dolphins had taken Joe Burrows. I knew little of Justin Herbert so he wasn't a factor.

But when you have receivers who drop sure handed passes and are so fragile with a long list of injury history, you can't expect ANY QB to get in a rhythm. The only three star players I can name on the Dolphins are: Howard, Mike Gesicki and Ogbah. Hopefully Jaylen Waddle becomes Tyreek Hill II but we'll see. And from what I've been reading, the Dolphins may let Gesicki walk and replace him with Hunter Long.

The myriad of problems with the Dolphins start with the FO (drafting the right players) and the HC. Brian Flores has shown he can coach but he's falling into the Patriots trap with the other failed coaches leaving the Patriots staff. Dual offensive coordinators? Drafting OL and changing their positions? No running game. Swiss cheese run defense. The list goes on so Tua is way down on my list of fixes at the moment. Deshaun Watson would probably make this a 10-7 team and that's a big if.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:16 pm
Dolphins got a lot of high picks for trading away #3 this year, Tunsil last year.

Whom did they draft with all those picks?
Sadly not a whole lot to show for it

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Time for another top to bottom rebuild Miami. Try and hire someone who can actually draft great players this time instead of wasting picks. I'm starting to sense that Coach Flo may not see out his contract.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

My fantasy team thanks the Buffalo defense. :P
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:27 pm
My fantasy team thanks the Buffalo defense. :P
Two shutouts in one season for the Bills for the first time since 1990. And in the first four games!

But to be fair, the Bills have played no one. The combined record of their opponents this season is 5-11. The Bills will face a true litmus test this Sunday night at KC. The Chiefs' defense is atrocious, so the Bills should be able to score. But Mahomes, Hill and Kelce still are frightening as hell.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 am

Two shutouts in one season for the Bills for the first time since 1990. And in the first four games!

But to be fair, the Bills have played no one. The combined record of their opponents this season is 5-11. The Bills will face a true litmus test this Sunday night at KC. The Chiefs' defense is atrocious, so the Bills should be able to score. But Mahomes, Hill and Kelce still are frightening as hell.
I cannot wait for this game, I get a lot of s*** wearing my Bills hat around here. :P

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Fundamental ass-kicking by the Bills on the road. I'm starting to BILL-ieve!

GO BILLS!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I spent all last night just going "I bet Paul is happier than a puppy with two peters right now" :lol:

Nothing I like more than seeing the Chiefs get smoked (other than a Raider win, but that almost never happens).

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am
I spent all last night just going "I bet Paul is happier than a puppy with two peters right now" :lol:

Nothing I like more than seeing the Chiefs get smoked (other than a Raider win, but that almost never happens).
More like 10 peters! :) :) :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am
Fundamental ass-kicking by the Bills on the road. I'm starting to BILL-ieve!

GO BILLS!
Yeah that was a great win! GO BILLS!!!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Come on Miami, you're supposed to beat JAX. 8O

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Did the NFL purposely send shitty teams to London this year?
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:51 am
Did the NFL purposely send shitty teams to London this year?
They send sh*tty teams to London almost every year. It's amazing the Brits still fill stadiums to see that dreck.

A history of the London games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Inter ... ndon_Games

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Geesh, yeah they must love them some American Football after that lineup.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I could be wrong, but I thought the "home" team had to agree to go to London and miss a home game. So the only ones willing to lose out on a home game with their fans in the home stadiums are the shitty teams that don't sell out the stadium anyway. So we always get a really crappy "home" team in a London game, and whoever happens to be playing them.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:01 am
I could be wrong, but I thought the "home" team had to agree to go to London and miss a home game. So the only ones willing to lose out on a home game with their fans in the home stadiums are the shitty teams that don't sell out the stadium anyway. So we always get a really crappy "home" team in a London game, and whoever happens to be playing them.
That makes sense and they likely get more money by doing it.

I'd prefer the Bears play every game in London. :)
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:29 am
I'd prefer the Bears play every game in London. :)
I prefer the Dolphins taking your spot. In fact maybe the owner should consider moving the team permanently to London. They are the worst team in Football and Tua was actually pretty good on Sunday. I couldn't even complain about that, lol.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 pm
I prefer the Dolphins taking your spot. In fact maybe the owner should consider moving the team permanently to London. They are the worst team in Football and Tua was actually pretty good on Sunday. I couldn't even complain about that, lol.
There are 4-6 really bad teams this year. I hit a 3 team parlay last week I didn't even blink about. Rams vs Giants Giving 7.5, Packers giving 6 to Bears and Chiefs giving 6.5 to WFT, easiest money I've made this year.
Follow Me on: