NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021-22

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:48 pm
Rodster wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 pm
I prefer the Dolphins taking your spot. In fact maybe the owner should consider moving the team permanently to London. They are the worst team in Football and Tua was actually pretty good on Sunday. I couldn't even complain about that, lol.
There are 4-6 really bad teams this year. I hit a 3 team parlay last week I didn't even blink about. Rams vs Giants Giving 7.5, Packers giving 6 to Bears and Chiefs giving 6.5 to WFT, easiest money I've made this year.
I don't know if the Dolphins will win 4 this year and Tua minus the boneheaded INT actually played well, shocker. It appears its clean house once again and they need to start with the GM.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

NFL chatter keeps getting louder that Watson will be traded to Miami before the trading deadline. Tua had another nice day with the exception of 2 INT's but the defense lost the game for Miami. If Watson comes to Miami, how the hell is he going to stay out of trouble in South Beach? Miami has probably the worst front office in the NFL the last 10 yrs and it starts with the owner and works its way down.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:38 pm
NFL chatter keeps getting louder that Watson will be traded to Miami before the trading deadline. Tua had another nice day with the exception of 2 INT's but the defense lost the game for Miami. If Watson comes to Miami, how the hell is he going to stay out of trouble in South Beach? Miami has probably the worst front office in the NFL the last 10 yrs and it starts with the owner and works its way down.
So you would rather have Tua then Watson?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Kyle Shanahan, the new Mike Martz.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
My wife literally said if the Dolphins trade for Watson, she's picking a new team (and thus, thousands of dollars worth of Dolphins gear gets donated)...and I think I'd almost have to agree with her. How can a team possibly trade for a guy like Watson? I mean sure, he hasn't gotten convicted of anything (yet), but he's already tried to settle which was denied...so that doesn't look good for him. Giving up multiple firsts and seconds for a guy like that is bonkers...without any guarantees what happens w/ the NFL and law enforcement. I get the NFL is a business, but there has to be a moral obligation as well. Guess we'll see what happens.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:32 pm
Rodster wrote:
My wife literally said if the Dolphins trade for Watson, she's picking a new team (and thus, thousands of dollars worth of Dolphins gear gets donated)...and I think I'd almost have to agree with her. How can a team possibly trade for a guy like Watson? I mean sure, he hasn't gotten convicted of anything (yet), but he's already tried to settle which was denied...so that doesn't look good for him. Giving up multiple firsts and seconds for a guy like that is bonkers...without any guarantees what happens w/ the NFL and law enforcement. I get the NFL is a business, but there has to be a moral obligation as well. Guess we'll see what happens.
To answer your question:

1) Stephen Ross the owner doesn't have a clue how to run a team and make it successful. Wayne Huizenga was just as bad hiring people to run the team.
2) Chris Grier should never have been made GM. He had a lousy drafting record. A ton of picks he wasted and got wrong. Now Philly will get a top 3 pick.
3) Brian Flores is in way over his head. He got too cute with the way he's running the team. Now he's desperate.

Answers 1-3 are why DeShaun Watson is being considered and Tua is starting to play better minus the two boneheaded INT's.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Dolphins suck, plain and simple. These guys can't even come out and say they want Watson when everyone in the League knows they do. Shameful and if this happens I will switch my team allegiance to the Bucs. And it comes at the worst time because while Tua may never be a top 10 QB in the league, he's actually playing pretty good the last two games. The game they lost last week to ATL wasn't so much his 2 INT's but that the defense which is Brian Flores strength can't stop other teams from scoring. At the time Tua put the Phins back on top after his last INT but the Falcons just marched down the field.

"Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Texans, Dolphins agree on compensation, Miami wants legal issues resolved first"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/desh ... -resolved/

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well at least we can stop the talk of the Bills being good for a few weeks. Yikes.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This weekend was a s*** show for most of the good teams. The Bills are still good and will be going to the playoffs.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:09 pm
Well at least we can stop the talk of the Bills being good for a few weeks. Yikes.
Yeah what the heck was that? 8O
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

That was probably the worst officiate game of the NFL season.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Justin Fields looks like he might turn into a really nice QB. He's got one helluva arm.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
They're still good. But they're not 14-3 good. They'll probably end up 10-7, 11-6, which will get them into the playoffs and be enough to possibly win the AFC since there is no dominant team in that conference.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:19 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
They're still good. But they're not 14-3 good. They'll probably end up 10-7, 11-6, which will get them into the playoffs and be enough to possibly win the AFC since there is no dominant team in that conference.
I'd argue there aren't any spectacular teams at all...in either conference. So the Bills have as good a shot as any, but you fans have gotten WAY carried away with their dominance of some truly awful teams. ;)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:46 pm
pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:19 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
I'd argue there aren't any spectacular teams at all...in either conference. So the Bills have as good a shot as any, but you fans have gotten WAY carried away with their dominance of some truly awful teams. ;)
It's called loyalty. Something that's probably in short supply these days in South Florida.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:34 pm
It's called loyalty. Something that's probably in short supply these days in South Florida.
Not sure what loyalty has to do with overreacting to a good start (record wise). :roll:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:10 pm
pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:34 pm
Not sure what loyalty has to do with overreacting to a good start (record wise). :roll:
Let's just say the Bills mean a f*ck of a lot more to people in upstate and Western New York than the Dolphins do to South Florida. Just look at the Bills Mafia and their rabid nature. The Bills are a religion up here. I don't think you can say the same about the Dolphins and South Florida.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:34 pm
Let's just say the Bills mean a f*ck of a lot more to people in upstate and Western New York than the Dolphins do to South Florida. Just look at the Bills Mafia and their rabid nature. The Bills are a religion up here. I don't think you can say the same about the Dolphins and South Florida.
I wouldn't know...I don't live in South Florida. I grew up in Phoenix, we had the Suns, that's it...until I moved away (Cardinals, Coyotes and Dbacks all came after I left). So living in an area with rabid fans is fairly unknown to me. The Dodgers and Lakers in LA is about as close as I get...and even those fans are about as fairweather as it gets. So I literally have no idea what you're talking about. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

:)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's the NFL and I love the parity, I guess that's why I like Madden so much, even if it has rough areas.

I think the Ravens are one of the best teams out there due to how dynamic Lamar Jackson is and how dominate their defense can be.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Hard Knocks Colts (in season)

Post by wco81 »

For the first time Hard Knocks films during season.

My Tivo recorded, haven't watched it yet.

Maybe the coaches and players being intense about game results is more believable than in the other Hard Knocks seasons, since these are actual regular season games.

No big trading camp battles so who are they going to feature for the drama? Will actual stars or starting players give the cameras enough access?

Colts aren't exactly a team with a big national following but it could be interesting if they went over all the criticisms Wentz has been subject to. But probably too controversial for NFL Films to tackle and you know they will likely avoid that.

For instance, if there were anti-vaxxer players and they caused the team to forfeit games and all players to lose game paychecks, that would be entertaining.

Instead, you'd expect sanitized videos in the locker room, like after a team wins and they have post-game speeches and game balls are handed out and the team celebrates. Of course teams already post these types of videos so it will be interesting to see if HK can bring anything new.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Predictably, the in-season Hard Knocks featured some of the stars and their families, so a lot of time for Wentz, his expecting wife and their young toddler daughter.

Same for Darius Leonard's family.

They also had a long segment on the gender reveal for several Colts players.

They went through a quick montage of the team's early season struggles, including starting out 0-3. So the story line is the Colts trying to "climb the mountain" towards the playoffs in the second half of the season.

The first game they show the team preparing for is their week 10 game vs. Jacksonville. They show some of the position coaches evaluating Jaguar players like the DL coach talking about Lawrence's attributes. Special Teams coach showed film of the Jaguars punt protection, highlighted a weakness among the Jaguars players on the line, told one Colt Special Teams player that he should be able to break through and block the punt.

And that's what happened in the game, the guy beat the Jaguar player, blocked the punt, which was returned and recovered for a Colts TD. Now was that filmed BEFORE the game or after the game, after they made the block?

In any event, they didn't feature a lot of the stuff that football nerds would love, like teams breaking down the opponents, getting into scheme and stuff.

After all, they want more than football nerds to watch the show, so they're going to go heavy on the players' life off the field, how they got drafted. So they actually show Reich going to the Pro Day for Wentz in Fargo when Reich was OC for the Eagles. They talk about how they bonded over scriptures and football philosophies.

Very human-interest story focused.

About the only other interesting thing for fans more interested in football than the human interest stuff is them miking up Wentz, Leonard and other players and coaches during the game. You hear the hitting and of course the players talking to each other on the field and on the sidelines.

Very non PG-rated. Contrast that to when they mike up players and coaches in NBA games. I'm sure they're told to not curse, keep it clean. Well lot of swearing by Leonard during the game, which is realistic.

The other thing is, the nature of the game makes for rather boring or sedate lives off the field for players during the season. They always seem to feature married players so they can film them with wives and children. But the reality is, between games, the players have to take it easy as their bodies recover. They're staying at home, mostly sitting and playing with toddlers. Leonard has an injured ankle so he's not doing any more than sitting and lying down at home.

Wentz said after a Thursday Night Game that they get 4-day weekend and he may be able to get good sleep because he didn't take too much hits. Lot of people with regular jobs will try to go somewhere or do something if they get a 4-day weekend.

Would like to see more of the game day and preparations during the week between games but I would guess the Colts and other teams wouldn't want to show too much of their process, like how they communicate during games, terminology they use, etc.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Honest to God, being a Bears fan is so f***in embarrassing. Not only does the team suck, it has one of the stupidest fan bases on the planet. Dalton come in, they score in 2 plays and the fan base is saying Nagy purposely calls bad plays for Fields because he wants him to fail. I can't even with these morons.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So is Trevor Lawrence a possible bust i.e. Josh Rosen or is it that he's playing on an awful team? IIRC, the Indianapolis Colts were terrible but Andrew Luck instantly made them a playoff contender. I saw him play in one game and that was against the Dolphins in London and he never struck me as a generational QB the way the draft pundits said he would become. It's obviously way too early but i'm not impressed from what i've seen of his play. Although that could quickly change if he was traded to the Dolphins. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:20 pm
So is Trevor Lawrence a possible bust i.e. Josh Rosen or is it that he's playing on an awful team? IIRC, the Indianapolis Colts were terrible but Andrew Luck instantly made them a playoff contender. I saw him play in one game and that was against the Dolphins in London and he never struck me as a generational QB the way the draft pundits said he would become. It's obviously way too early but i'm not impressed from what i've seen of his play. Although that could quickly change if he was traded to the Dolphins. :)
Too early to tell with Lawrence. His receiving corps isn't elite, and Meyer has no idea what he's doing in the NFL.