NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021-22

Post by pk500 »

Zeppo wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:24 pm
8O Apparently the Bills had the 2nd best offensive game since 1980 in that blowout - Allen was otherworldly!
Seven possessions, seven TDs. Not one punt or FG. 6-for-6 on third-down conversions.

I'll remember that game for a LONG time. Reminded me of the 51-3 shellacking of the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game in the early 90s.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:31 pm
BILLS. What a fundamental ass-kicking. Feels mighty sweet.
Could be the start of a rivalry between Bills and Chiefs, Allen vs. Mahomes for at least the next 3-4 seasons.

2-score game a year ago and Bills won in KC earlier this year, though KC has completely turn it around since their early season doldrums.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
What makes it all the more sweeter is kicking the Pats ass!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm
pk500 wrote:
What makes it all the more sweeter is kicking the Pats ass!!!
Oh, YEAH. But still, one down, three to go.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:04 pm

Oh, YEAH. But still, one down, three to go.
Sunday is going to be tough and I've been getting s*** all week with my Bills jacket on. :P

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Let’s go CHIEFS!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

As a neutral fan today with no allegiance to any of the four teams, I was throughly entertained. I mean, Wow!

Particularly the game between the Chiefs and Bills, it was a shame someone had to lose. Allen was incredible running the ball and connecting with Davis. The last 5 minutes of the game was certainly not for the faint of heart. Both D were probably gassed by the time OT came around.

Rams, almost choked this one away. They have to play smarter with a big lead, but as I said before the reason why I watched them is not because of the Beckham Jrs, The Donalds, or V. Millers for that matter. But for Cooper Kupp, what a player, this guy always comes thru when they screw up.

And something tells me, they will screw up vs the 49’ers. 8)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

NFL overtime rules suck! I am completely drained.. :(

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Absolute classic playoff game. Both teams deserved to win. Mahomes and Allen will have many more unbelievable duels. Loved the outcome but agree the overtime rules are ridiculous.

Bring on the Bengals!!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Feel bad for Bill's fans. Terrible final 13 seconds beginning with the kickoff and then horrible defense.

Take solace in that you have a stud QB, the better QB IMO. Mahomes is surrounded by super star talent, that won't last forever.

I said this in 18 I think it was when the same thing happened to the Chiefs, the NFL OT rules are terrible
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Hats off to the Chiefs, whom I will now root for but yeah.. why not squib kick there?

Even in college football both teams get the ball.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better football game in my life. How many penalties? Were there any bone-head mistakes? Just about as perfect a football game as you can imagine. Two great teams, both played great, coaching at the top level on both sides.

It’s truly unfair that Buffalo didn’t win that game, but hey, I don’t think it would be fair to say KC didn’t deserve it, either, after what they had to do to win. Tyreek Hill proved to be the trump card that Buffalo had no counterpart for. Although, then they did, and they went down and took the lead again. Allen’s performance in this game was even better than last week, but they can’t keep asking him to run so much in the future. He won’t be able to hold up in the long term. As a fan, I agree with all the complaints about OT - the “both teams get the ball” shouldn’t just be limited to FGs, not anymore, not in today’s NFL.

There’s no way next week will be nearly as good as these four games were this week. Or is there? At least not in the AFC. Cincy is a hell of a story, but they aren’t anywhere as good as Buffalo. But in the NFC, maybe since it’s a division game, it’ll be rock-‘em sock-‘em robots again.

Wow.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

That Bills/Chiefs game...That was the Super Bowl in my opinion. Not sure how any other game could exceed that. Both QBs are exceptional and have a decade of amazing football ahead of them. The guts Allen displayed was exactly what you want in a leader. But still with only 13 seconds on the clock, I said to myself that it isn't over yet.

I agree about the OT rules. I still think both teams should get the ball. Shouldn't come down to a coin flip. You are asking a lot from a defense who just played an entire game, let alone on of the most intense and emotional last 2 minutes of a football game ever. I don't mind the college rules, but in the NFL, move the ball to the 40 yard line.

Not sure we will see another weekend of playoff football like we just witnessed. Every game coming down to a kick with no time remaining.

Does Brady call it a career? We know Big Ben is. Also rumors that Rodgers is stepping away from the game for good as well. Will definitely be a different league without those QBs, but Mahomes/Allen/Burrow have shown they are ready to take over the reins!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GUTTED. Absolutely shattered.

Still, other than the outcome of Chiefs-Bills, that was the finest weekend of football I've seen in my 56+ years on this planet.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:21 am

Still, other than the outcome of Chiefs-Bills, that was the finest weekend of football I've seen in my 56+ years on this planet.
We can weep together. :(

Agreed on the excellent weekend of football.. I hope the NFC and AFC Championships are just as good.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:52 pm
pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:21 am

We can weep together. :(

Agreed on the excellent weekend of football.. I hope the NFC and AFC Championships are just as good.
I’ll weep with y’all. I had the Bills and the over as the 9th leg of a 9 leg parlay. Lost out on $6700.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Looks like this is it for #12. If official, what a career.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Go BENGALS!!!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm glad the Chiefs lost. When the majority of the country is rooting against you because of your dipshit brother and Fiancé perhaps you should look at the company you're keeping. I'm sure his finace loved it thought, she was #1 trend on twitter after the loss.

Happy for Stafford that he gets to go to the Superbowl. Nice scene with him and his wife post game.

I really don't care who wins, I'll pull for the Bengals I guess. Regardless was another great weekend of football.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Mike Lombardi said on his podcast that Dolphins should hire Harbaugh than McDaniel or some other coordinator that they've been interviewing.

Ross has pledged not to hire Harbaugh away from Michigan.

But Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings this weekend so Ross could say he's leaving Michigan anyways.

Says Miami is a better job than the Vikings. And he'd have all those 49ers draft picks to use as well.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:24 pm
Mike Lombardi said on his podcast that Dolphins should hire Harbaugh than McDaniel or some other coordinator that they've been interviewing.

But Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings this weekend so Ross could say he's leaving Michigan anyways.

Says Miami is a better job than the Vikings. And he'd have all those 49ers draft picks to use as well.
Who top level coach would want the Dolphins job, seriously? Maybe a coordinator or college coach. The organization is a total joke starting with the owner, working its way down. Harbaugh, would want total control and many say he's an absolute @sshole to work with and work for. Wasn't that what got Flores canned?

Now these are the dysfunctional Dolphins we're talking about so anything is possible but if i'm Harbaugh, i'd find another team in the NFL.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Fock the Chiefs glad they are out. The Bills were the best team, no doubt in my mind. I just wanted the Bills or Bengals in the big game so let’s go Bengals!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:21 pm
wco81 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:24 pm

Who top level coach would want the Dolphins job, seriously? Maybe a coordinator or college coach. The organization is a total joke starting with the owner, working its way down. Harbaugh, would want total control and many say he's an absolute @sshole to work with and work for. Wasn't that what got Flores canned?

Now these are the dysfunctional Dolphins we're talking about so anything is possible but if i'm Harbaugh, i'd find another team in the NFL.
Flores is suing and alleging that Ross offered him incentives to tank games so the team would get a better draft position. So he got fired for winning more games but not enough to get into the playoffs?

In any event, I think there are laws about fixing games. Obviously because of gambling implications.

But even if gambling wasn't involved, there could be legal implications or at least a PR disaster.

Podcaster suggested that Harbaugh would be a better choice than any coordinator getting his first HC job, despite Ross' pledge not to hire Harbaugh away from Michigan.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Washington Commanders

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:29 am
Washington Commanders
They'll always be The Football Team to me. You just can't shake the legacy of success with a simple name change. :lol: