Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:19 pm
Even play now by week is broken. still stuck on week 1. they won't fix it until December.
Actually this is not broken, they said they are only updating it a few times this year. I think Week 10 being the next time. It's lazy as hell of them but that's EA in a nutshell
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:48 am
Lancer wrote:
Even play now by week is broken. still stuck on week 1. they won't fix it until December.
Actually this is not broken, they said they are only updating it a few times this year. I think Week 10 being the next time. It's lazy as hell of them but that's EA in a nutshell
but last few years it updated every week. how does it break all of a sudden.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 pm
Danimal wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Dude re-read what I wrote, I can't make it any clearer. They aren't updating it every week this year only a few times. I don't know why but EA is on record saying this.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:32 am
Lancer wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 pm
Danimal wrote:

Dude re-read what I wrote, I can't make it any clearer. They aren't updating it every week this year only a few times. I don't know why but EA is on record saying this.
No they said 'it was planned' when they got caught with their pants down when people complained this year. they f***ed up. It worked fine last year and the previous year.

explanation here :
https://youtu.be/njh9b9nXS44?t=130

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

NBA 2K23 Free this weekend starting today on Xbox.

155gb! sheesh

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MS has dropped the price for XB Series S to $250 for the holiday season

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:59 pm

155gb! sheesh
Do you have to "purchase" it directly from the Xbox?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:38 pm
Lancer wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:59 pm

155gb! sheesh
Do you have to "purchase" it directly from the Xbox?
no it has a FREE button when you get to its screen

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

While I don't think I have the time to play it again the next gen patch for Witcher 3 is nuts. Game looks really good.
Follow Me on:

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I've had this game for probably 3 or 4 years and still haven't played it. I was going to start it earlier this year but saw that a next gen patch was in the works and decided to hold off. Looking forward to it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The W3 update is very nice. I also have had the game a long time and started it last week. I was very impressed with the update yesterday. Lighting is much nicer and the frame rates on performance mode are superb.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Assassins Creed Vahalla is free to play on Xbox this weekend.

Update - and WWE2K22

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

PIcked up Mafia trilogy on the hoilday sale. First one remastered and incredible. 2 i have never played but going to start after 1.

3 I played a few years ago and didnt like it. It felt like they were trying to do Assassins Creed type of game whereas mafia 1 is straight forward story and action.

Anyone remember L.A. Noire? It's not on sale but when it is i'll get that as I think that has been remastered too.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:04 pm
Anyone remember L.A. Noire? It's not on sale but when it is i'll get that as I think that has been remastered too.
I've never played L.A. Noire, but it amazes me how that game's retail price has stayed at $40 even though it was released in 2017. It's on sale this week for $20.

A 5-year-old game is $20 on sale? It better be great for that price. Then again, I LOVED the book and movie upon which the game is based, "L.A. Confidential" by James Ellroy. One of the most complex, dense, enthralling wild rides of a book I've ever read. When I heard it was being made into a film, I thought, "There's no way this can be distilled into a two-hour movie." But damned if it wasn't done and done well.

Highly recommend the book and the movie.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:59 am
Lancer wrote:
I've never played L.A. Noire, but it amazes me how that game's retail price has stayed at $40 even though it was released in 2017. It's on sale this week for $20.

A 5-year-old game is $20 on sale? It better be great for that price. Then again, I LOVED the book and movie upon which the game is based, "L.A. Confidential" by James Ellroy. One of the most complex, dense, enthralling wild rides of a book I've ever read. When I heard it was being made into a film, I thought, "There's no way this can be distilled into a two-hour movie." But damned if it wasn't done and done well.

La Noire is $24.99 on the Switch (on sale) which is crazy. Game should be like $9.99
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:42 pm
pk500 wrote:
Lancer wrote:

La Noire is $24.99 on the Switch (on sale) which is crazy. Game should be like $9.99
Should be $1.99 at this point.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

All I can think is "L.A. Noire" is a Rockstar title, and its games aren't sold at 5 cents on the dollar ever -- even in sales. GTA V still sells for $20.

Or Rockstar had to pay "L.A. Confidential" author James Ellroy a healthy fee to build a game based on his book, and Rockstar is trying to earn back every penny of that investment -- and then some -- by never slashing the price for this game. "L.A. Noire" does have a four-star review in the Microsoft Store, a high score rarely seen. So, maybe it's a good game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

LA NOIRE came out in 2011

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Sudz wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:59 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Happy to be a PC gamer - normal price on Steam is $20; but it is currently on sale for $6.99. And playable on my Steam Deck too.

Was really tempted to get a PS5 or Xbox this holiday season but just couldn't pull the trigger. Between my PC, the Steam Deck, and much cheaper game prices compared to consoles it just didn't make sense.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

F308GTB wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:58 pm
Sudz wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:59 pm
Diablo25 wrote:

Happy to be a PC gamer - normal price on Steam is $20; but it is currently on sale for $6.99. And playable on my Steam Deck too.

Was really tempted to get a PS5 or Xbox this holiday season but just couldn't pull the trigger. Between my PC, the Steam Deck, and much cheaper game prices compared to consoles it just didn't make sense.

what is steam deck? I never been a pc gamer but thinking of maybe trying it out.

And did Stadia really take off? I don't know much about it. Is it just another service like Gamepass?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

F308GTB wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:58 pm

I agree Steam Deck is fantastic. I got it on the initial pre-orders and I didn't post much about it here because this isn't really a PC forum. I love having access to my massive steam library, I also like that it's Linux and there are emulators for everything. I like how I can easily get cloud gaming off of game pass on it. I just ordered a dock for it so I can take it to my Florida home for the winter so I don't need to get a PC down there. It is the ultimate handheld gaming system and it's so easy to get everything from Epic, to Gog to Mame running on it, the only downside is the battery life.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

XBOX FREE PLAY DAYS THIS WEEKEND - All EA Sports games :

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2024/01/s ... -this-week

Here's the list of seven games included with Xbox Free Play Days right now:

EA Sports FC 24
EA Sports PGA Tour
EA Sports WRC
F1 23
Madden NFL 24
NHL 24
Super Mega Baseball 4

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

AEW Fight Forever is free for Free Play days per posts in reddit. Not sure for how long but it does say trial installable.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Free this weekend on Xbox : FROM 2/15
Dead Island 2
Code Vein
Warstride Challenges
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2

Free MULTIPLAYER this weekend on PS5 : FROM 2/17-2/18
FIFA 24
MODERN WARFARE 3
GTA5

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Has anyone played New Star GP? I've always loved their soccer games, and after watching some videos, this reminds me of a pole position with a career mode and it looks fairly deep.

It has great reviews as well.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971