Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

TechRadar journalist Matt Swider, the king of alerting gamers on Twitter to PS5 and Series X restocks, held a Twitter Spaces audio conversation last night. I was able to ask him a question about when his sources have indicated supply would free up enough to where we could buy a Series X at retail or online without fighting bots and joining BS buyers' clubs.

Matt -- very friendly and sharp guy, by the way -- said his sources indicated it will be at least summer before the PS5 and Series X are available with relative ease at retail or online for only the MSRP. But he said sources also indicated COVID variants could continue to ravage supply chains, with availability crippled for perhaps the next year.

Bottom line: My prediction of not getting a Series X until 2023 is looking more and more true. No sweat off my ass. Seriously.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:05 pm
TechRadar journalist Matt Swider, the king of alerting gamers on Twitter to PS5 and Series X restocks, held a Twitter Spaces audio conversation last night. I was able to ask him a question about when his sources have indicated supply would free up enough to where we could buy a Series X at retail or online without fighting bots and joining BS buyers' clubs.

Matt -- very friendly and sharp guy, by the way -- said his sources indicated it will be at least summer before the PS5 and Series X are available with relative ease at retail or online for only the MSRP. But he said sources also indicated COVID variants could continue to ravage supply chains, with availability crippled for perhaps the next year.

Bottom line: My prediction of not getting a Series X until 2023 is looking more and more true. No sweat off my ass. Seriously.
I nearly had one for you today. There was a solid drop at Walmart. Was trying to get a PS5 for another friend of mine.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:

Sign up for Microsoft to send you a heads up when they have a new drop! https://www.microsoft.com/emwa/signup/en-us?bgid=Deals

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Haha Covid variants. The out for EVERYTHING!!!
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:24 pm
pk500 wrote:

Sign up for Microsoft to send you a heads up when they have a new drop! https://www.microsoft.com/emwa/signup/en-us?bgid=Deals
And waste time fighting the bots or paying $800 for some Halo exclusive GamePass Call of Duty gonad-licking bundle?

Sorry, Rod, but I'd rather run my testicles through a Velveeta slicer.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:52 pm
Haha Covid variants. The out for EVERYTHING!!!
Well, it's true in the case of electronics.

When Delta and other variants ran rampant in Southeast Asia, chip factory production all but shut down. Now chip production is back up to close to 100 percent, but we can't get anything off ships in L.A. and Long Beach due to a lack of workers and truck drivers in America to transport the goods around the country.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Have any of you played games in Dolby Vision yet on the Series X? If so, thoughts?

I decided to do the video calibration again over the weekend. Didnt really need to, but did it anyway. I have a series 5 TCL. I didn't change anything except for maybe one notch on a brightness setting. I then saw the setting for Dolby Vision gaming that I hadn't seen before. I switched it on, then turned on the Show. It wasn't good. It was a sunny day at Wrigley, but everything had a dark and gloomy look. I then went back into the TV picture settings and had all new Dolby Vision settings. Only changed the Dolby Brightness setting and it made all the difference. I swear the few games that I have played look better and more "real" than it ever did before. The only thing that's didnt look much different was PGA 2k21, but I didn't see the Dolby Vision logo in the upper right when it started like the others.

Just curious what you guys are seeing or if I'm nuts.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I was going about my errands after being away from home for a few days when I see a lineup at my local GS. A lineup that wasn’t even there during BF last week. So I asked what was the commotion and apparently there was a large shipment of consoles from both PS5 and Xbox series S and X.

But, the real kicker here was that if you brought an older console, the trade in would be bumped up towards any of the newer consoles. I still had the Xbox One X which I carry on my travels, heavy like hell but It comes along especially when I am away for a week or so.

Went back home thinking that I wanted to trade it towards the series S and the sales lady says: Are you sure you don’t want the PS5?

Diablo, I tell you man I almost went for it but thinking that I had only one HDMI 2.1 in the Q80 TV and no particular game that I needed from Sony, I still went for my series S thinking what a wonderful library of games MS had set up there including the EA trials. I also had the chance to get another series X.

But I always wanted to wait for a slimmer version of the PS5, so no regrets. The bump up for the trade was real. I was given $250 CA worth towards the trade, about $200 US I guess towards the series S.

The little guy is so tiny compared to there series X, just perfect for taking it along my trips.

What I am trying to say here is, I don’t know if there’s any physical GS stores left in the States. But people seem sometimes so focused on online purchases, that we forget the old simple way of shopping may just pay its dividends sometimes.

I didn’t really need another new Xbox, but it was the trade in value that pushed me to go for it.

Folks, keep checking those shipments especially if there’s any physical stores that sell them and not just online.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:04 pm
I was going about my errands after being away from home for a few days when I see a lineup at my local GS. A lineup that wasn’t even there during BF last week. So I asked what was the commotion and apparently there was a large shipment of consoles from both PS5 and Xbox series S and X.

But, the real kicker here was that if you brought an older console, the trade in would be bumped up towards any of the newer consoles. I still had the Xbox One X which I carry on my travels, heavy like hell but It comes along especially when I am away for a week or so.

Went back home thinking that I wanted to trade it towards the series S and the sales lady says: Are you sure you don’t want the PS5?

Diablo, I tell you man I almost went for it but thinking that I had only one HDMI 2.1 in the Q80 TV and no particular game that I needed from Sony, I still went for my series S thinking what a wonderful library of games MS had set up there including the EA trials. I also had the chance to get another series X.

But I always wanted to wait for a slimmer version of the PS5, so no regrets. The bump up for the trade was real. I was given $250 CA worth towards the trade, about $200 US I guess towards the series S.

The little guy is so tiny compared to there series X, just perfect for taking it along my trips.

What I am trying to say here is, I don’t know if there’s any physical GS stores left in the States. But people seem sometimes so focused on online purchases, that we forget the old simple way of shopping may just pay its dividends sometimes.

I didn’t really need another new Xbox, but it was the trade in value that pushed me to go for it.

Folks, keep checking those shipments especially if there’s any physical stores that sell them and not just online.
Haha…awesome that you came across that. I have 2 HDMI 2.1’s on my Sony X900H. Only one of them is EARC though. I have the X on the EARC input. I came close to snagging a Series S for the hell of it but held off. I love both the X and the PS5. The PS5 is awesome for single player games…just superb. I have been getting back into Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Such a great game. Incredible production value, great feeling of immersion, just a cool game. Ghosts of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, The Last of Us 1 or 2 - ALL AAA games. Both systems are great and I was lucky enough to get both.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I don't want to start a new thread for this but I just order a Haptic Vest for gaming. I think I've got a problem.

https://www.woojer.com/
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:52 pm
I don't want to start a new thread for this but I just order a Haptic Vest for gaming. I think I've got a problem.

https://www.woojer.com/
That looks pretty cool and I bet it's the perfect match for VR.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

It Takes Two wins video game of the year and best Multiplayer game of the year. Not surprised! Having such a great time playing this with my son. And good to see a game like this get its due credit.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:16 pm
It Takes Two wins video game of the year and best Multiplayer game of the year. Not surprised! Having such a great time playing this with my son. And good to see a game like this get its due credit.
I haven't tried that one yet, but another that is damn fun co-op w/ your kids is Rubber Bandits - another Gamepass game.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:

Can you play this with some random person online? Or does it have to be someone in person?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

sportdan30 wrote:
My daughter and I finished it two days ago, and it's a sheer joy to play. Fantastic story, incredibly inventive level design. My daughter said it reminded her of Pixar's Inside Out.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I wanted to respond to the Dolby Vision post about the Show. I have a Hisense H9G which has Dolby Vision but does not have a Game Mode for it. I find that most games look better in Dolby Vision and I don't really have lag issues with any game with the exception of The Show. While the game looks slightly better to my eyes in Dolby Vision, it is unplayable due to the lag. It looks fine, but trying to hit and pitch are just way too laggy. So for this one game I turn off Dolby Vision. I would guess that FPS players would notice some lag in shooters, but I am not really good enough for it to matter.

I also have to say that when I have tried remote play that I have the same lag issues with The Show. I have tried playing it from hotel rooms on hotel WiFi on my iPad and again it there is just to much delay when trying to hit or to pitch.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Supposedly, Sony is buying Bungie and Bungie says Destiny will stay multi-platform. No biggie for me as I have no interest in the Destiny franchise.

https://www.polygon.com/22910849/sony-b ... laystation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:45 pm
Supposedly, Sony is buying Bungie and Bungie says Destiny will stay multi-platform. No biggie for me as I have no interest in the Destiny franchise.

https://www.polygon.com/22910849/sony-b ... laystation
This is a panic buy of epic proportions. 3.6 billion for Destiny? I don't know a single person who still plays Destiny. Bungie puts out like one game every 10 years. Do they have something coming out I am unaware of? Maybe they will do a Marathon remake LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Destiny can become a PlayStation exclusive, for all I care. It's easily the most overrated new gaming franchise I can remember in the last 10 years. What a tedious grindfest.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:04 pm
Destiny can become a PlayStation exclusive, for all I care. It's easily the most overrated new gaming franchise I can remember in the last 10 years. What a tedious grindfest.
Co-Signed
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring coming.. need to find some time away from work. :)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

pk500 wrote:
I found Destiny 2 to be strangely relaxing to play.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

greggsand wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:19 am
pk500 wrote:
I found Destiny 2 to be strangely relaxing to play.
Do you like the constant sound of whirring drill bits, too? :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm really looking forward to the new Gran Turismo for the PS5. I normally don't preorder or buy retail games anymore but I had $5 credit with Best Buy. March 4th is the release date. 8)

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:48 pm
I'm really looking forward to the new Gran Turismo for the PS5. I normally don't preorder or buy retail games anymore but I had $5 credit with Best Buy. March 4th is the release date. 8)
Gran Turismo 7 looks excellent! Wonder if Turn 10 will show any glimpse of Forza Motorsport this month to counteract it.