Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

The Halo Series X sold out on the MS store, no surprise. What is surprising is that both the Series S/X are no longer available directly from MS. Maybe they are diverting those consoles Series S towards the retail stores? The Series X is still hard to find 1 year later.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Halo Infinite free MP just dropped.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:50 pm
Yep. It is FUN. I love the balls by MS in dropping a surprise release.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Danimal wrote:
Demo is definitely fun
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Danimal wrote:
Demo is definitely fun
Just to be clear, it’s not a demo…it’s the full Halo MP that released early.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Halo Infinite MP demo is quite fun. Enjoyed it last night.

But at the risk of being burned at the stake as a heretic, Titanfall 2 MP is more fun. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

They also release 70 backwards compatible titles yesterday. Still not ones I'd hoped for. I didn't realize Xbox was 20 yesterday, I still have my original Xbox Live Beta tester shirt and remember the night before it launched playing Mech Assault with a lot of the developers of different launch titles and the Xbox team. Who would of thought 20 years later I am still gaming.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:33 am
They also release 70 backwards compatible titles yesterday. Still not ones I'd hoped for. I didn't realize Xbox was 20 yesterday, I still have my original Xbox Live Beta tester shirt and remember the night before it launched playing Mech Assault with a lot of the developers of different launch titles and the Xbox team. Who would of thought 20 years later I am still gaming.
I am an original Xbox Live OG. I remember the night it launched when I received my disc and played Moto GP :). The game that really did it for me was Ghost Recon. Playing the missions and some basic PvP matches was just incredible.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:52 am
The Halo Infinite MP demo is quite fun. Enjoyed it last night.

But at the risk of being burned at the stake as a heretic, Titanfall 2 MP is more fun. :)
Heretic! Heretic! :D. The gun play in TF2 is perhaps the best ever. Apex Legends uses it. Very tight and gratifying.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The All-Access Series X is available on Target's website. That's how I got my Series X but thru Walmart.

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x- ... v_xasd0002

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I got an email from MS that the Series X bundles are available. It looks like Best Buy has All Access in stock. I don't need another one.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/combo/xbox ... 3b2d24c34b

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:25 pm
I got an email from MS that the Series X bundles are available. It looks like Best Buy has All Access in stock. I don't need another one.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/combo/xbox ... 3b2d24c34b
Thanks, Rod.

I've said it before but will repeat: It will be at LEAST Q3 2022 before someone can walk into a Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart, or order online, and get a Series X without some bullsh*t bundle or joining some bullsh*t membership club.

I'm paying $499.95 plus tax, and not a penny over. It's been a year since this system has been released, with still no retail supply. I'm about past giving any f*cks about getting a new machine in the next six to eight months.

It's truly zero sweat off my ass if I don't get a Series X any time soon. So, I guess I should stop posting about it, eh? :) :) :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It's going to be longer than that PK, supply chain issues and shipping are getting worse not better. You would think someone would do something about it by now, not just say they are going to do something. Maybe use the National Guard to help clear the west coast ports. I'm waiting on a KS, it has 2 containers on the same ship, got unloaded the same day. One container has been at the warehouse for 5 weeks, the other one is sitting somewhere among thousand of containers waiting to be picked up. Could happen in a week or 6 months as their is no organization in any way. That container could have 4 containers sitting on top of it, no one knows.

That's my long ass rant to tell you it will be more than 6-8 months before you can walk into a store and get one.
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

A year from now they're going to be talking up mid-cycle upgrades like the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro.

The problem is not just at the ports. It's at the chip fabs and then once the containers arrive in port, it's not enough drivers for the trucks.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:22 am
I'm paying $499.95 plus tax, and not a penny over.
Aren’t you also committed to buying Xbox Gamepass Ultimate for $14.99 / month? The so-called “All-Access” deal includes the console plus 24 months of Xbox Gamepass Ultimate, which as far as I can figure (minus tax) comes to $499.99 for the console and Gamepass Ultimate for $14.03 / month. It seems to me you’d be saving a tiny bit of money by going with that deal, plus getting the Series X to boot.

I wish this package were available in Germany, but alas, despite it being advertised it still is always listed as “coming soon.” And as an aside to Dan, the supply chain issues affecting the Xbox and PlayStation have nothing to do with US distribution problems. They are world-wide and are about manufacturing issues in China and supply chain problems feeding those manufacturing plants more than anything else. We have the same problems of not seeing the consoles available in Germany as in the US.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zeppo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:08 am
And as an aside to Dan, the supply chain issues affecting the Xbox and PlayStation have nothing to do with US distribution problems. They are world-wide and are about manufacturing issues in China and supply chain problems feeding those manufacturing plants more than anything else. We have the same problems of not seeing the consoles available in Germany as in the US.
While everything you said is accurate and it is a world wide problem. There is a distribution problem in the US for sure. As mentioned above they don't have enough workers to unload the containers and when they do they do not have enough equipment, manpower or truck drivers to move them. Containers are not only sitting on ship off shore they are piling up on land. As an example one project I backed was delivered in Europe 7 months ago, it made it to the states 2 months ago, finally cleared customer and made it to the fulfillment warehouse where it now sits as the company has gone broke and can't pay some of the fees involved to fulfill the project. I don't know if many people here use Kickstarter but right now you have a better chance of hitting at roulette then getting a project delivered to you.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:12 pm
A year from now they're going to be talking up mid-cycle upgrades like the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro.
That's the big unknown. This generation could be delayed and prolonged including seeing a mid cycle update for both consoles. Both Sony and MS need to sell more games to justify their investments in the hardware and currently not enough gamers have the consoles in hand unless they want to pay scalpers prices.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

My expectation for a new next gen console to buy in the stores , PS5 or XBX , is 2023.

Thinking i should have just bit the bullet and bought XB Series S like 6 mo ago when it was available. It would have last me a few years and get to play flight sim, forza 5, and next gen sports games with the new features for now.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zeppo wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Aren’t you also committed to buying Xbox Gamepass Ultimate for $14.99 / month? The so-called “All-Access” deal includes the console plus 24 months of Xbox Gamepass Ultimate, which as far as I can figure (minus tax) comes to $499.99 for the console and Gamepass Ultimate for $14.03 / month. It seems to me you’d be saving a tiny bit of money by going with that deal, plus getting the Series X to boot.

Math is too hard.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Zeppo wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Already paid up for GamePass well into 2022, perhaps 2023. I'd have to check. I don't want to commit for another two years, as who knows where my whims will be by 2024 or 2025?

These bundles are borderline extortion by Microsoft, forcing people into spending a ton of money to get a console because MS isn't earning as much revenue as if there was ample supply. Sorry, I'm not playing along.

$499.95, plus tax, or no sale for me. No bundles, no gamers' clubs, no WalMart+. Period.

I'm almost past the point of giving a f*ck, too. My OG Xbox One still trucks along, and it plays nearly every effing game that the Series X can play. I'll just use the dough earmarked for the Series X to buy another set of headphones, which are providing me more joy at this point in my life than my gaming console.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:14 pm
Zeppo wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Already paid up for GamePass well into 2022, perhaps 2023. I'd have to check. I don't want to commit for another two years, as who knows where my whims will be by 2024 or 2025?

These bundles are borderline extortion by Microsoft, forcing people into spending a ton of money to get a console because MS isn't earning as much revenue as if there was ample supply. Sorry, I'm not playing along.

$499.95, plus tax, or no sale for me. No bundles, no gamers' clubs, no WalMart+. Period.

I'm almost past the point of giving a f*ck, too. My OG Xbox One still trucks along, and it plays nearly every effing game that the Series X can play. I'll just use the dough earmarked for the Series X to buy another set of headphones, which are providing me more joy at this point in my life than my gaming console.
Then even if you wanted the All Access bundle, that wouldn't work because 3 yrs is the max for GPU. Under one yr, sure, that's where I was at and so I bit on All Access because GPU is beyond essential. But here's one thing about All Access. It qualifies the buyer for a trade up program when a new console comes out and supposedly it's a rather nice trade up value. So All Access is not a bad idea if someone wants GPU plus a console.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

It Takes Two is fabulous f’ng multiplayer game. Played a couple levels with my son and never laughed and cussed and laugh more in a game in a long time. Game of the year candidate and well deserved. On Xbox game pass.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:14 pm
......$499.95, plus tax, or no sale for me. No bundles, no gamers' clubs, no WalMart+. Period.

I'm with you and maybe we won't even need to as long as we have Game Pass Ultimate, fast internet, and an original Xbox One. I am trying it out tonight in Forza Horizon 5 and will let you know how it goes. So far it seems like most people are pleasantly surprised by the performance, particulalry the faster load times. You can't do the highest resolutions that the X Series allows, but this may be better than nothing for now.

You can now play Xbox Series X games on your Xbox One
https://www.techradar.com/news/you-can- ... r-xbox-one
Xbox Cloud Gaming has launched for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, with the feature available for those with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

Xbox Cloud Gaming has been in beta for a while now, but has only been available on mobile devices, PC and for Xbox Insiders on console. The feature still remains in beta, but those with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription can now use the feature.

There are a number of benefits to using Xbox Cloud Gaming, the main one being that it means those on Xbox One – who don't own an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S - can now play some next-gen games like Recompile, The Medium, and The Riftbreaker. While the selection isn't huge now, Microsoft has said that it will add more Xbox Series X/S games in the future, with Microsoft Flight Simulator becoming available in early 2022.

All Xbox console owners (with the Ultimate subscription) will also benefit from being able to play Xbox Game Pass games before they're installed on their consoles. So, for example, if you decided you want to jump into Halo Infinite multiplayer for the first time with friends, you can play Halo Infinite via Cloud Gaming straight away, without having to wait until it installs on your Xbox. Cloud Gaming will even save space on your hard drive for games you plan to keep playing.
Xbox Series X Games Now Playable On Xbox One With Cloud Gaming
https://screenrant.com/xbox-series-x-ga ... ud-gaming/
There are some who might question why streaming Xbox games on the Xbox consoles would be useful. The most noteworthy benefit is that this technology allows Xbox One owners to play Xbox Series X/S games on their systems. For instance, The Medium was an Xbox Series X/S exclusive that couldn't function on the Xbox One, but it can now be played on the system through streaming. The ability to stream games means that Xbox owners won't need to wait for games to download to start playing them, especially when titles like Forza Horizon 5 are over 100GB. The fact that it's possible to just play an Xbox Game Pass title without any loading is going to be a draw because, among other things, it allows people to test out a game before committing any hard drive space to it.

Xbox Cloud Gaming requires a fast Internet connection to work properly, especially for games in the action, fighting, or first-person shooter genres, as these need twitch reflexes to function properly. Those with a beefy Internet speed will now have instant access to Xbox Game Pass games, and the days of long install times could soon become a thing of the past.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have tried the beta Cloud Gaming. Like you, Don, I was quite surprised at the smoothness and lack of lag. Not quite as mind-blowing as when I first tried Xbox Live as a beta tester in 2002, but still a significant advance for gaming.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

For sale - one PS5 covered with mud

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... 8f0ed05cb6

Shooting someone for a console. Getting shot over one. Pathetic commentary on our society.