Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:47 am
Rodster wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:48 pm
I'm really looking forward to the new Gran Turismo for the PS5. I normally don't preorder or buy retail games anymore but I had $5 credit with Best Buy. March 4th is the release date. 8)
Gran Turismo 7 looks excellent! Wonder if Turn 10 will show any glimpse of Forza Motorsport this month to counteract it.
Gran Turismo always has looked excellent. Too bad it has RACED like sh*t for 20 years ...
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gran Turismo has always been trash when it comes to a racing product. I think that's why Gran Turismo Sport went the online route and tried to copy the iRacing formula of clean/ranked racing. The series has always had Ridge Racer type AI and that's being disrespectful to Ridge Racer.

I hope GT7 comes thru with better and more realistic AI but honestly, I play Gran Turismo for the driving aspect and that it has always nailed. I have yet to find a console racer that implements lateral weight transfer as well as in Gran Turismo. The game just makes you feel the weight shift of the car. For me every other racing game just feels like I am driving a video game car. I can point the car in any direction. The cars in Gran Turismo will begin to fight you if you try and make them do something they are not designed to do.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sony is teasing a Big AI event for Gran Turismo 7. Will it be different this time? Who knows because they’ve made similar remarks in the past and the racing was just borderline OK at best.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony- ... 0-6500403/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sony's version of "Drivatars". It does sound promising but I will have to see it in action.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022 ... reaking-ai

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:20 pm
Sony's version of "Drivatars". It does sound promising but I will have to see it in action.

Day late and a dollar short.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:20 pm

LOL. Turn 10 introduced Drivatars when Forza Motorsport 5 debuted -- in 2013.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It does sound interesting but i'm not getting my hopes up that it will make the racing portion of the game any better. It certainly can't hurt seeing the Gran Turismo series has always had a non existent racing AI.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

anybody else get Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West yet?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:08 pm
anybody else get Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West yet?
Yep. Only played it quickly to take a look at the visuals. Looks great.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

After this 1.5 patch for Cyberpunk 2077, I'm finally ready to sit down and dig in.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:00 pm
After this 1.5 patch for Cyberpunk 2077, I'm finally ready to sit down and dig in.
I figured this would be a $30 game by now on the Xbox marketplace, but nope, still $60 8O

Edit: never mind. It dropped to $29!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Gran Turismo 7 is getting rave reviews. Great time to be a racing fan on both the Xbox Series S/X and PS5.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Bought Gran Turismo 7 last night digitally. I'm a sucker for a great looking racing simulator even though I typically prefer arcade style racers. Only played 15 minutes last night as the intro was over 10 minutes long! The presentation is superb. I'll dig in to it this weekend when I have some moments away from Elden Ring.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

dang, GT7 has my car in there...

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MS may be making a new Xbox. Maybe it's good I waited.

https://www.thegamer.com/dataminer-keys ... ames-xbox/

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Lancer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:58 pm

That would have to be AT LEAST 2 years away (if it is a console - not to mention the supply issues they are having right now with the current). Not sure how long you're planning to wait, but...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

greggsand wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:09 pm
Lancer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:58 pm

That would have to be AT LEAST 2 years away (if it is a console - not to mention the supply issues they are having right now with the current). Not sure how long you're planning to wait, but...
Would be terrific if that was the Series S with a bigger SSD ...

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Walked into Target last night to get some grocery and talked w the electronics guy. Asked him about XBX and he said they got 2 in on Friday! He had one left and boom I got it!

Will open it up and try to set it up tonight. Exciting stuff!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:28 pm
Walked into Target last night to get some grocery and talked w the electronics guy. Asked him about XBX and he said they got 2 in on Friday! He had one left and boom I got it!

Awesome. Nice get.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:14 pm
Lancer wrote:

Awesome. Nice get.
Thanks. Downloading games now. 1TB may still not be enough considering flight sim and Forza take up so much space.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Advice - never try a new console on a Monday especially the Monday after turning our clocks forward.

I think I am rushing the experience here as I am working along w/ trying to play and observe.

Few impressions :

Forza Horizon 5 - un f***in real. wow. beautiful. I will play this on the weekends for sure.

MLB THE SHOW 21 - what a beautiful looking game. I wish I had next gen last year so I could enjoy it . It looks so clear and the players look more lifelike. I will cherish MLB 22 then when it's out on 4/4.

Madden 22 - eh - it's ok. Slight step up from last gen. I did feel like the gameplay was a little better on next gen though.

NHL 22 - Trash. i posted my impressions in the NHL thread.

Still downloading : Flight Sim - I hope I didnt blow my load on the Cloud Xbox One version.

FIFA 21 - in queue to download.

---

The 1TB is way too small. Those SSD cards are like 200+ bucks. Sheesh. So you can't just guy a external HD and hook it up to XBX for more storage? There are so many more games I want to download but afraid i'm going to run out of room.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The 1TB is way too small. Those SSD cards are like 200+ bucks. Sheesh. So you can't just guy a external HD and hook it up to XBX for more storage? There are so many more games I want to download but afraid i'm going to run out of room.
You can get a regular external hard drive for games that aren’t series x/s optimized. You can only play last gen games from it. That’s how I’ve gotten around it. Just move games to and from the internal drive when you’re playing the next gen versions. Better than redownloading all the time.

And don’t get your hopes up for next gen Fifa. Last years looks better than this years. It’s pretty disappointing.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Lancer wrote:

I had a somewhat similar experience yesterday. After pre-ordering both Xbox One and PS4 Day 1 after some insanely frustrating, early-days chases for a PS2 and then a 360 way back when, I had decided this time around to lay back and was perfectly happy waiting a little while. I had long ago planned on treating myself for Xmas 2021, thinking Series Xs and PS5s would be easy to find on store shelves by then.

Oops.

Starting a few weeks ago, I’ve been diligently checking Amazon every day, just in case. They’ve been available there from 3rd-party sellers for about €600-800 for Series X and €900-1,000 for PS5 (with the occasional €540 with €450 shipping sneaky ones thrown in). I had come really close a couple of times to settling for a Series S or even being willing to pay close to €600 to a re-seller but ugh, that is so distasteful to me.

But yesterday, I nonchalantly checked, and the Series X just popped up right there, normal €499.99 price, shipped and sold by Amazon, Prime and everything. I thought it was a joke and had to double check. It was so unexpected and gave me a really weird feeling. I didn’t hesitate and snapped it up.

Anyway, it should show up tomorrow. And now I’m trying to figure out what games to really get excited about, and I realize that Ive been playing all the “best games on Series X” games already on my Xbox One X with full HDR, and games look fantastic to me! It’s weird. It’s not at all like I remember when I got an N64 or Dreamcast or something and feeling like a whole new universe of games is now open to me, or even when I finally got an Xbox way after release when KOTOR came out. Console gaming is so different these days than it was then.

With pretty much no “only on Series X/S” games, I feel really weirdly tempered in my excitement. I remember being blown away by the very first looks at NBA2K way before this gen’s release, but that was a long time ago now, and I don’t really love the NBA games. I’m sure I’ll at least take a few looks at MS Flight Sim just to see, but it’s not a very compelling “game” experience. At least Sony has Astro’s Playroom or something to show off the new tech, and a couple PS5 exclusives.

The other thing is the one game I’m DYING to play and refuse to settle for the last-gen version is Horizon Forbidden West. I’m also curious about Elden Ring just because of the really rave reviews and also wanted to wait for the next-gem consoles for that one, so I might get that one soon, but I’m not sure I’ll love it.

I’m still absurdly excited, almost giddy like a kid.

Any good advice you guys can give as far as “this’ll blow your mind” Series X visuals? Or gameplay smoothness type things that some games show off? My TV is 4K and HDR but can only do 60Hz. But still, 4K 60Hz for games is definitely a step up from Xbox One X.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Zeppo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:36 am
Any good advice you guys can give as far as “this’ll blow your mind” Series X visuals? Or gameplay smoothness type things that some games show off? My TV is 4K and HDR but can only do 60Hz. But still, 4K 60Hz for games is definitely a step up from Xbox One X.
Unfortunately - there's really nothing that will blow you're mind except for the framerates and loading times. I've had the Series X since release and outside of those two things, the One X was just as good visually. That said, the loading times alone are worth the price of admission.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:43 am
Zeppo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:36 am
Unfortunately - there's really nothing that will blow you're mind except for the framerates and loading times. I've had the Series X since release and outside of those two things, the One X was just as good visually. That said, the loading times alone are worth the price of admission.

I was about to post something similar. Maybe I'm tired after the daylight savings weekend or had to work + try out my new toy yesterday but next gen is sort of anti-climatic. The framerates and everything you mentioned are better. And the graphics look great. But the entire 'experience' is very similar to last gen. And that experience you can get by still playing Xbox One or PS4.

Not complaining.

p.s. - PK500 - I got my XBX using tons of giftcards I had been saving up for the last 5 years at Target. So it basically cost me nothing. I thought typing this would make you proud of me. :D