Sudden Strike 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Sudden Strike 4

Post by Teal »

Well, this one was a surprise in the Xbox store! Just perusing new games and happened across it. I have pined for something like "Company of Heroes" on consoles ever since I saw video of that game on YouTube. This RTS is great stuff. History buffs like Bill would eat this up. It comes with 2 extra add ons, Dunkirk and one other theater I forget. But the main game gives you plenty to do, from operation overlord, market garden, the bulge... No asset building, just military strategy. Great sounds, good visuals. I'm loving it. It's a challenge on normal mode. Bill, you really need to give it a look.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Sudden Strike 4

Post by Rodster »

I remember discovering/playing SS2 on the PC back in 2003 and it was a solid game which required a ton of strategy to accomplish a mission and not get caught. It reminded me of Hogan's Heroes.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

There was one that released, I think, way back in the PlayStation 1. Isometric view, military strategy game. Loved that thing. This one is only 40 bucks, and I really, really dig it. Got my whole platoon wiped out by Panzers the first time playing, because I lumped them all together in one big group. Now I'm learning to send a fire team, flank with others, and catch the enemy off guard. Really punishes you if you don't actually strategize.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Well, this one was a surprise in the Xbox store! Just perusing new games and happened across it. I have pined for something like "Company of Heroes" on consoles ever since I saw video of that game on YouTube. This RTS is great stuff. History buffs like Bill would eat this up. It comes with 2 extra add ons, Dunkirk and one other theater I forget. But the main game gives you plenty to do, from operation overlord, market garden, the bulge... No asset building, just military strategy. Great sounds, good visuals. I'm loving it. It's a challenge on normal mode. Bill, you really need to give it a look.
Will do.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Guys, my bad the game I was thinking about was Commandos 2 by Eidos and not SS2.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Commandos 2! That was the game! I loved that game!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Commandos was a tactical game where you only had so many men and at certain points you got reinforcements. It reminded me of Hogan's Heroes where you had a mission to complete and figure out a way around the obstacles of enemy soldiers.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I never completed this one, and it sat dormant on my hard drive, until last week. I've completed the European theater, and had a blast. Can't wait to get into the Pacific theater. Very different tactics needed.