Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Game Stop has or had a deal going on for trading in your Switch and receiving between $240-260 credit. I took the plunge even though the first version is hackable (I don't get in to that). In any case, it'll cost me just under a hundred dollars whenever the oleds come back in stock.
That's a good deal if you can get that much for a trade. Although OLED isn't a big selling point for me as I stated earlier that I mostly play in docked mode.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

If any of you have Horizon Chase Turbo, the Senna DLC is available for purchase. I fired up the game and didn't see it. I wonder if it's a time release.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Got lucky and saw a tweet last week that the oled Switch was in stock at Game Stop. Paid $75 out of pocket after my trade in. Pretty nice upgrade as I solely play handheld. Only down side is that my old Satisfye grip doesn't fit and the new one doesn't come out until next month. I can't play the switch in handheld for long periods of time without it. Besides the screen, the kick stand is a significant improvement.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:38 am
If any of you have Horizon Chase Turbo, the Senna DLC is available for purchase. I fired up the game and didn't see it. I wonder if it's a time release.
I got to get back in to this game. Been playing quite a bit of Cruis'n Blast, but this HCT is a perfect game on the Switch.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rented NBA 2K22 from the library yesterday expecting it to look and play like you know what. I couldn't have been more wrong. It plays and controls exceptionally well, even at 30fps which didn't bother me at all. I'm tempted to double dip and pick this game up for $29.99.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

If anyone is looking for a great tactical JRPG, try Shin Megami Tensi V. It can be tough as nails but what a game. I'm a huge fan of the Persona series and the Tensi series was a precursor to the Persona games. It's currently on sale for $35 on Amazon. I believe it's exclusive to the Switch.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Super Blood Hockey is on sale for $5. Fun little arcade hockey game. Looking forward to checking out the franchise mode which looks entertaining.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yesterday, Nintendo showed off some stuff that looks interesting. Wii Sports is coming to the Nintendo Switch. There are plans to add Golf as a free update later this year. Mario Strikers is also getting released. It looks fun as usual, nothing like a footie version of Mario Kart. :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Loving Retro Bowl on the Switch. Hoping Legend Bowl makes it on to here soon.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Hotshot Racing is discounted to $3.99 if anyone is interested. It's a really good handheld racer that was part of the Game Pass library.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I have been watching my son play Kirby and the Forgotten Land off periodically the past month and I cannot recommend it enough. What a gem of a game.