Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Don't do it man! Unless of course you're going to let me raid your island for some string fish! Game is that good.
Too late, string fish are gone till December. LOL.

That motherf*cker was hard to catch...I caught mine w/ about 50 bait, but my son took about 300 or so. It was miserable. LOL.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Definitely the best Animal Crossing game. I am very impressed.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Anyone try 2K20 for the Switch instead of PS4/X1?

It's $30 at Best Buy currently.

Do they have roster updates?

Is there much online activity?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

After playing the latest Animal Crossing game and comparing it to the rest in the series which takes me back to 2004 with the GameCube version. New Horizons is the best in the series BUT my favorite is still "New Leaf".

What I like about New Horizons is the level of graphics detail on the Villagers and how they now interact with you and the surrounding environment. Even with all the new stuff and freedom N.H. gives you, I still hold New Leaf as my all time favorite in the series. What I do like is how the series has caught on with gamers around the world.

Real bummer that my MicroSD card in my Switch just crapped out with no warning, it didn't even have a whole lot of use.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

13.4 million sales of Animal Crossing in 6 weeks. Crazy.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... 3-4m-sales

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Anyone else notice if the weather in the AC New Horizons matches your local weather? Weird, I fired up the game early this morning and it was overcast just like it was outside, then it started drizzling in game, which matched my local weather. We're expecting a Tropical Storm heading towards Florida. The in game weather is heavy rain and blustery conditions.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Anyone else notice if the weather in the AC New Horizons matches your local weather? Weird, I fired up the game early this morning and it was overcast just like it was outside, then it started drizzling in game, which matched my local weather. We're expecting a Tropical Storm heading towards Florida. The in game weather is heavy rain and blustery conditions.
It doesn’t. Completely random.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:Anyone else notice if the weather in the AC New Horizons matches your local weather? Weird, I fired up the game early this morning and it was overcast just like it was outside, then it started drizzling in game, which matched my local weather. We're expecting a Tropical Storm heading towards Florida. The in game weather is heavy rain and blustery conditions.
Be sure to take advantage of the fishing when it's raining. Lots of big fish to catch.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The only different fish that comes out when it rains is the Coelacanth. Here - a nice little reference guide to all creatures:

https://icebr.art/#

Basically allows you to filter out what's available and when. Genius development. LOL.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

If you guys enjoyed Horizon Chase Turbo, you might want to try Formula Retro Racing. The art style is similar but from different devs.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The only different fish that comes out when it rains is the Coelacanth. Here - a nice little reference guide to all creatures:

https://icebr.art/#

Basically allows you to filter out what's available and when. Genius development. LOL.
Thanks for the reference guide. I'm already looking forward to June to catch a new variety. I'm tired of the damn Zebra turkey fish!

On another note, I wish Nintendo could do something regarding the "comings and goings" of the online members when visiting other peoples islands. Case in point. It's hard enough to find someone willing to let you visit their island to sell your turnips. But, when you do, I'm constantly getting interrupted by other people online also visiting the same island. It's really frustrating....but perhaps not as bad as people expecting handouts. I'm just ranting. I've made my fair share of bells by turnip selling.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

So you're complaining about gaming the system and it interrupts you? LOL.

I've got 3 people I buy and sell turnips with...that's it really. Makes it a challenge to actually sell at the right time. That said, I'm definitely one that will open up my island to others if mine spike to crazy numbers...might as well make those tips! But I'm not actively trying to go to strangers islands to get that huge price bump. With 4 islands to choose from it's still challenging to sell at just the right time.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

If you guys like rogue like dungeon crawlers, give Hades a try. It’s a hack n slash game made by the developer who made Bastion and Transistor. It’s not on sale but it’s only $24.99

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I stumbled on a pretty good game on the Switch and it's currently on sale for ($1.49). The game is called "DEX" and it's a mashup of the Cyberpunk genre and Metroid. The story is decent but the fighting takes a little getting used to when you have a few to beat up at once. I haven't encountered any problems so far fighting.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

N64 and Sega Genesis games are coming to the Switch Online service. It will be called Switch Online + Expansion so expect a price hike if you are interested. Also N64 and Sega Genesis wireless controllers are on the way.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

My son and I have been playing through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. It may be the best 2D platformer of all time. The graphics, music and gameplay are sublime.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pigpen81 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:20 pm
My son and I have been playing through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. It may be the best 2D platformer of all time. The graphics, music and gameplay are sublime.
Great game but damn it if that game isn't rage inducing at times. I had to stop playing because it wasn't good for my heart. :lol:

Are you picking up Metroid?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:40 pm
pigpen81 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:20 pm
Great game but damn it if that game isn't rage inducing at times. I had to stop playing because it wasn't good for my heart. :lol:

Are you picking up Metroid?
Yes. My son is amped for it. Although it may cause us similar rage inducing moments ala DKTF.

The quality of Nintendo first party games is obscenely good.

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Couldn't help myself - grabbed a white Switch OLED today. Haven't booted it up yet, but man it's really nice in the hands. More of a premium feel, both in terms of the screen size and also the joycons don't wobble at all like the older system.

Will download Metroid Dread tonight for sure.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I was reading before I purchased Metroid Dread that it doesn't look as good docked as it does in handheld mode and it's true. The colors look washed out but as usual it is such another brilliant first party Nintendo game.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:09 am
I was reading before I purchased Metroid Dread that it doesn't look as good docked as it does in handheld mode and it's true. The colors look washed out but as usual it is such another brilliant first party Nintendo game.
No games look as good blown up on a large screen...they upscale a little bit on the Switch dock, but not enough to compensate for the 4+ feet of screen size.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:41 am
Rodster wrote:
No games look as good blown up on a large screen...they upscale a little bit on the Switch dock, but not enough to compensate for the 4+ feet of screen size.
I play all of my games in docked mode and I can assure you that Metroid Dread is nowhere as nice looking as the other Switch games. The resolution isn't as sharp as other Switch games in docked mode.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:56 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
I play all of my games in docked mode and I can assure you that Metroid Dread is nowhere as nice looking as the other Switch games. The resolution isn't as sharp as other Switch games in docked mode.
Why are you arguing with me? I agreed with you and expanded on it by saying most of them look better in handheld. :roll:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Game Stop has or had a deal going on for trading in your Switch and receiving between $240-260 credit. I took the plunge even though the first version is hackable (I don't get in to that). In any case, it'll cost me just under a hundred dollars whenever the oleds come back in stock.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:14 pm
Rodster wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:56 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Why are you arguing with me? I agreed with you and expanded on it by saying most of them look better in handheld. :roll:
We're not arguing. I'm just saying that there are better looking 1st party games in docked mode than Metroid Dread. I expected MD to look a little better than it does in docked mode but the game is typical brilliance from Nintendo. A must have in the Switch collection.