Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2019-2020

Post by 10spro »

What the hell is a Kraken? It doesn’t matter I guess as the new expansion Seattle team chose that name to play in the NHL. Canucks closest future rivalry geographically speaking will get a good taste of them soon. At least their unis are not too bad.

https://www.bardown.com/the-seattle-kra ... -1.1498957

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The season resumed today and with that the playoffs edition of 19-20. Anything can happen in this early round as it is only a best of 5 series. With that said statistics show that the team that wins the first game of the short series usually advances to the next round.

CHI & MON are two teams that had no business being on the dance floor prior to COVID, but I have them as dark horses because of the top veteran goaltending that they have. Hawks already beat the Oils to whom many think can go far, and Pens just tied the Habs 2-2 going now into the crucial OT.

‘Nucks start their series with the Wild tomorrow, it’s good to see some sports for a change. It’s been awhile, and despite the lack of fans, the emotions are still there High.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Yeah, this isn't a continuation of the 19-20 season. This is entirely new so basing anything off of the 'regular season' is misguided. I'd bet we see a number of the top teams fall early.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With a short format like this, my pick as dark horses advance to the next round upsetting the Pens and Oilers as the Habs and Hawks advance respectively. Goaltending was huge for both winning teams along with EDM’s pissed poor defending.

Leafs are fighting for their lives in OT, while Canucks can advance also tonight with a win.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Disappointing end to the season for the Oil. But the deflection off Bear's stick that lost Game 3 was a metaphor for the Oilers' defense.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers Lightning tonight at 8 for the #1 seed. It’s sweet to have a game to finally watch that means something. So far this NHL tournament has been awesome.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Hockey Night In DSP 2019-2020

Post by 10spro »

Now that the round robin and qualifiers are out of the way, round one for the last 16 teams standing starts tonight. Back to best of 7 series, will the Bolts avoid another first round upset at the hands of the Bluejackets a team that kept the always dangerous Toronto offense at bay.

Canucks face the SC chomps Blues tomorrow, a series which will be a grind. They’ll need to use their speed and skill to overcome the more physical and heavy Blues team. Special teams will be the difference. Check the other match ups.

https://links.email.nhl.com/e/evib?_t=b ... C4qkr8M%3D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

5OT’s between CBJ & TPA, Korpisalo had like 88 saves. That’s gotta be an all time record only to lose in the end 3-2. Jackets played already a bunch of OT’s vs TOR, will they have enough gas in them?

CAL takes the other game also 3-2 vs DAL.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 pm
5OT’s between CBJ & TPA, Korpisalo had like 88 saves. That’s gotta be an all time record only to lose in the end 3-2. Jackets played already a bunch of OT’s vs TOR, will they have enough gas in them?

Definitely an all-time record for saves in a playoff game. The previous record was something like 72 or 75 by Kelly Hrudey. Korpisalo crushed the record.

An overlooked fact from a remarkable game: Seth Jones logged logged 65 minutes and six seconds of ice time. 65 MINUTES! That's insane.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:56 am
10spro wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Definitely an all-time record for saves in a playoff game. The previous record was something like 72 or 75 by Kelly Hrudey. Korpisalo crushed the record.

An overlooked fact from a remarkable game: Seth Jones logged logged 65 minutes and six seconds of ice time. 65 MINUTES! That's insane.
No doubt. But he’s their best D-man and if I was Torts I would do the same. Ditto for Hedman who was doubtful for the game yet he logs just 6 minutes less than Jones.

And playing D is not easy in the playoffs. They were beasts. Now, if the refs would call the gamebook whether it’s playoffs or regular season. I understand the game is going to a bunch of OT’s and they don’t want to decide the game for a foul that they are not sure. But yet they are deciding the games with no calls. Maybe it’s human nature, hey it’s the playoffs, it’s double OT, triple, quintuple, whatever...But right or wrong you gotta call the penalties.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Man, I hope my Flyers get off to a hot start in game 1. Can’t have the Habs gaining any confidence.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 pm
Man, I hope my Flyers get off to a hot start in game 1. Can’t have the Habs gaining any confidence.
I like both goaltenders a lot. They’ll be the difference in the series. You know I mentioned C. Hart to you a few years back when he was still in the juniors and said that the he reminds me a lot of C. Price. Well, turns out the Habs goalie was his idol. The way they stay so cool, their stance, so similar in so many ways. Flyers are a bit deeper I think but when you have teams like the Hawks and Habs still lingering around and playing with no pressure, favored teams need to be aware of them.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Congrats on Game 1 10spro, it was an awesome game up until the 3rd period. :twisted:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 pm
I like both goaltenders a lot. They’ll be the difference in the series. You know I mentioned C. Hart to you a few years back when he was still in the juniors and said that the he reminds me a lot of C. Price. Well, turns out the Habs goalie was his idol. The way they stay so cool, their stance, so similar in so many ways. Flyers are a bit deeper I think but when you have teams like the Hawks and Habs still lingering around and playing with no pressure, favored teams need to be aware of them.
You absolutely gave me the heads up on Hart. He is the real deal. Vigneault has been awesome. The system he has instituted is fun to watch. The Flyers young defensemen are maturing on a daily basis. I am hoping for a deep run but crazy things happen in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Great end to Dallas and Calgary
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Blues tie the game with 6 seconds left and then allow Bo Horvat a breakaway in OT and he wins the game for Vancouver.

Looks like we finally got our game back but it might be too late.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:19 am
Blues tie the game with 6 seconds left and then allow Bo Horvat a breakaway in OT and he wins the game for Vancouver.

Looks like we finally got our game back but it might be too late.
Best of 7. Canucks are a young team and with Myers probably out also next game, the young D will be more exposed with the Blues’ physicality. Some horrendous calls again on both sides, VAN’s special teams were the difference.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:17 pm
Best of 7. Canucks are a young team and with Myers probably out also next game, the young D will be more exposed with the Blues’ physicality. Some horrendous calls again on both sides, VAN’s special teams were the difference.
Officiating has been terrible on both sides, completely agree!

I bet Allen starts next game. Not that Binny has been bad but I think we need a shake up.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Canucks were a shot short of going 3 up on the series, but credit to the Blues for testing Markstrom hard the whole game. On a sizzling summer day there’s no better way to watch hockey than in the middle of your alley.

Best thing after a tough loss, game 4 right away, tonight baby.

Diablo bring your new TV over. :twisted:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Haha.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

What a gutsy game 5 for the ‘Nuckers after dropping the last two games. Once they were down 1-3, Marky was huge in the second period, when they could have easily folded. Once they came back with a lead, a young team tends to seat back going into the third but they proved me wrong. They owned the Blues zone for much of the third, great active sticks, blocking shots and moving forward, while only playing with 5 D-men in the final 20 minutes.

Big win, crucial game 6 on Friday, but with both of their vets out in Edler and Myers they’ll have to dig even deeper in order to advance.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:20 am
What a gutsy game 5 for the ‘Nuckers after dropping the last two games. Once they were down 1-3, Marky was huge in the second period, when they could have easily folded. Once they came back with a lead, a young team tends to seat back going into the third but they proved me wrong. They owned the Blues zone for much of the third, great active sticks, blocking shots and moving forward, while only playing with 5 D-men in the final 20 minutes.

Big win, crucial game 6 on Friday, but with both of their vets out in Edler and Myers they’ll have to dig even deeper in order to advance.
I fell asleep and woke up, looked at my phone and went right back to sleep pissed off. :P

Well done by those kids, they look like a team who will continue to get better and better.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers Habs game 6 has me worried. Need to get this one and close out the series. I don’t want a game 7.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So who’s singing the Blues this year? Canucks do it in style eliminating the Champions in 6 games. If you haven’t seen this version of the ‘Nucks take a closer look next time. Four five guys that will the core of this franchise for years, Quinn Hughes is already the best D man ever in my opinion that wore a VAN jersey and he’s only 20.

It all came together last game when they were down 1-3 in the second period and with Marky making some huge saves they started believing in themselves with that nothing to lose attitude that’s common in young teams. They are fun to watch, reminds me a lot of the young Hawks team a decade ago or so.

They carried that swagger in the third period last game and into the first 40 minutes today, and as a fan it’s so nice to see after so many years of missing the dance after the 11 finals with the Bruins.

They are the only Canadian team left in the playoffs and facing the Knights will be tough. Let’s go baby.