Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2016-2017

Post by 10spro »

AcemanPR wrote:Sweet 16 in a row for the Blue Jackets! Tomorrow they attempt to tie the record against the Caps.
Who would have thunk that the Jackets would have such a great season so far. Great job by Torts throwing a bone day after day to this young team.

Minny, another hot team have been the talk of the league.

At the World Juniors, we got two great semis: USA-Russia, and Sweden vs Canada. The Swedes will be tough to beat in this tournament, but if there's going to be an upset, the home boys can provide it. Goaltending must be key.

Tomorrow is the Gold medal game.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

10spro wrote: Who would have thunk that the Jackets would have such a great season so far. Great job by Torts throwing a bone day after day to this young team.

Minny, another hot team have been the talk of the league.
Columbus has been a solid team the last 3 seasons but was always decimated with injuries. This year has been a new story and with a couple key trades in the off-season, things are finally paying off with this young franchise.

The Wild is an exciting team as well. Some very solid hockey being played right now.

And have to give some props to the Toledo Walleye leading the ECHL with a 24-5-0-1 record.

I think this is the first time where I'm more excited over hockey than college basketball.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Fantastic long afternoon/evening of junior hockey in Montreal. The stage is set for a Canada-USA finals tomorrow. The first semis was a thriller one that went into a SO where the Russians thought they had advanced after three rounds of the SO, but in International events, the SO goes to 5 rounds.

It was equally exciting to watch the SO, with both teams showing their sniping skills.

Then came the second semis with the Swedes unbeaten in the tournament and favourites to win it all, facing Canada.

But as I was saying early on Boxing Day, if team Canada can make it to the finals they would have to do a better job in between the pipes. Hart and a Ingram have been inconsistent.

After the Swedes scored twice with 2 out of their first 3 shots, a change was made. In came Carter Hart, who started the tournament but wasn't too sharp in the early wins. He simply took over the game, shutting down the Swedes while Canada played their prototypical physical game.

Team USA won their early encounter during the round robin, but tomorrow is the game that really counts. Go Canada go...

Back in Lotus land, with their top two D-men back from injuries, Canucks get their 5th win in a row, an accomplishment for this group that's not deep in talent, is young yet still has nagging injuries, but continue to grind it out.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Watching the gold medal game now. Awesome game. Tied 4-4 in the 3rd!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My god what a game! Still in OT
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

They do call icing the same way EA does....It is in the game . :lol: :lol:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im not going to go into a rant bout how this no way to decide a game but ITS NO f***in WAY TO DECIDE A GAME!

They are f***in kids. They can play longer.

Here we go....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! Incredible game!!!!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

It sucks, but that was a great game. PIerre Marc Dubois will be haunted by that whiff with a few minutes left.......

USA rose to the occasion when they needed to. Great win guys.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Only one goal in the shootout. Jesus that was fun to watch.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

They played great for sure!

Pathetic way to decide it for sure!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Best goalie of the tournament.....is a Flyer! Felix Sandstrom. Carter Hart of Canada is also a Flyer.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:Best goalie of the tournament.....is a Flyer! Felix Sandstrom. Carter Hart of Canada is also a Flyer.

:lol: :lol:

Yay Flyers!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Best goalie of the tournament.....is a Flyer! Felix Sandstrom. Carter Hart of Canada is also a Flyer.

Yay Flyers!
s*** the way the big club is playing I gotta take what I can get!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

Yay Flyers!
s*** the way the big club is playing I gotta take what I can get!
I am not opposed!

ENJOY IT!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I don't think the NHL could market sand in the Sahara. Case in point: The Blue Jackets played at Washington last night, failing in attempt to tie Pittsburgh's all-time record for consecutive victories.

And what game is televised nationally in the States last night on NBCSN: Sabres at Blackhawks.

The NHL should have flexed the telecast to the Blue Jackets' attempt at history. Instead, we were force-fed yet another meaningless matchup featuring an Original Six team and a bottom feeder. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets were not televised nationally once during their remarkable streak.

Superb marketing of your product, NHL. Idiots.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

There wasn't a single NHL game last night...actually probably a single NHL game all year that could match that final between USA and Canada last night. That was simply phenomenal hockey. The WJC is always the best hockey of the year for me. Hoping to make the trek to Buffalo next year and see the tourney live in person.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

That was one hell of a hockey game for sure.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Henrik Sedin made history in VAN getting his 1000 point in the league against his former mate Bobby Lou. Ironic that his very first point came vs FLO a long time ago and he reaches this milestone achievement vs the same team. More importantly the achievement came with an important win in keeping the race for a wild card spot.

Only three other Swedes reached over 1000 points in their career in the NHL. M.Sundin, N. Lidstrom and A. Alfredsson.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I read a quote the other day where a reporter asked him "So, will you have family here when you get 1,000 points?" and his response was "well, yeah, my brother will be there."
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Anyone watch the skills competition last night? I haven't watched one for years, so I tuned in. A lot of it just seemed dull to me. I am not sure if I am the minority on that, though. The opening intro with Snoop Dogg(who I really like) was VERY awkward. Let's be real. 95% of hockey players are white guys, mostly from European countries and Canada. I doubt Snoop Dogg or rap in general are big hits for them. I know he's from California, so they wanted someone local. Couldn't they find some up and coming EDM dj or something? Rap music is one of my favorites, but hockey is probably the worst sport to link it to. Opening ceremony of the NBA or NFL all star games? Rap for sure. Baseball or hockey? Seems very odd.

The fastest skater and hardest shot have always been my favorites. The guy who won fastest skater this year can REALLY fly. Did Pavel Bure ever enter the fastest skater competition? I've never seen someone explode from a dead stop like the Russian Rocket. Props to McDavid. There is some controversy about how the guy from Detroit last year who won it had a running start. Had McDavid had a running start, I think he sets the all time record. He still beat Mike Gartner's time, which was set in 1996.

The hardest shot just seemed like none of the players gave a s*** at all. NOTHING will ever be able to top Al Iafrate with his bald head and long ass hair behind him letting one fly. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0XT81S1AKg

As for Pavel "the Russian Rocket" and his legendary acceleration? From 0:27 onward. Dude was an alien, I swear. On the penalty shot, Richter made one of the best saves in Nhl history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUFtK2xLnY

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The AS event is just for families that want a leisurely weekend to watch the talents of the league. An opportunity for the East to appreaciate the players from the West, while the rest of the league goes to Hawaii for a break.

The skill set I really enjoyed watching is where a player threads the puck to the mini nets by clearing first thru a 3' inch bar. Crosby and Matthews were lethal on the sharpshooter contest. Not much to watch really, just a mindless fun outing of 3 on 3 pond hockey for the fans and more money to the league and AS players involved.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The Blues are seating by a hair on a playoff spot and when goaltending is still an issue, they made the Yeo move for Hitch sooner than expected. They've missed the grittiness of Backes and will probably make a push for a faceoff player at the trade deadline along some help between the pipes. Wouldn't be surprised if Shattenkirk gets a different address in a few weeks to help their needs.

Here's a possible scenario. Bolts need some help in the blue line and are willing to depart with B. Bishop.

You know the prices are going to skyrocket in a couple of weeks.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

They had to do a shake up.. the team is not responding to Hitch anymore (as much as I admire him as a coach). It was sad watching Armstrong fight back tears as he had to fire his best friend today.

I don't want Bishop, I do however want defensemen who aren't afraid to take the body. Would love to get anything for Bouwmeester, but I doubt any team would even trade a 7th round pick for him.

They played like crap for most of the game against the Jets yesterday and in the last half of the 3rd period, they finally started to look like a team with some talent/grit. It's time these players look at themselves in the mirror.

Losing Shattenkirk will make us even worse on D, so that's a scary thought. Who knows, maybe the Yeo era will turn things around?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Great game last night.. lots of energy with the Bob Plager #5 retirement. I loved when he said he played for the Blue note on the front, not the name on the back. :)

Team played with energy and Stastny looked like the $7 million dollar player he's supposed too. :P