Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2016-2017

Post by 10spro »

As a Canuck fan, I wanted Benning to draft Tkachuk instead of O. Joulevi who was sent down to Utica to get stronger. Although Flames are in need of some offense and that's large in part because of the absence of J. Gaudreau, I saw some of the pregames where Tkachuk participated and he was very good.

Curious to see if he can stay, once Gaudreau comes back.

Yes, after years of misery, I also look forward to the growth by the Leafs. A. Matthews is the real deal, very composed and mature for his age.

If there was a clear indication during the recent WC, if teams can get some of the talent that team NA displayed and while playing agressively with lots of speed, the league has a very good future ahead.

As I was mentioning earlier, everyone wants to get younger and faster. But we are talking crazy young these days.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:As a Canuck fan, I wanted Benning to draft Tkachuk instead of O. Joulevi who was sent down to Utica to get stronger. Although Flames are in need of some offense and that's large in part because of the absence of J. Gaudreau, I saw some of the pregames where Tkachuk participated and he was very good.

Curious to see if he can stay, once Gaudreau comes back.

Yes, after years of misery, I also look forward to the growth by the Leafs. A. Matthews is the real deal, very composed and mature for his age.

If there was a clear indication during the recent WC, if teams can get some of the talent that team NA displayed and while playing agressively with lots of speed, the league has a very good future ahead.

As I was mentioning earlier, everyone wants to get younger and faster. But we are talking crazy young these days.
Juolevi is only 18 and is ineligible for the AHL so he was sent back to London in the OHL. I watched their game Friday night and he scored his first goal of the season.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Hey, you now have Yakupov, so your toughness goes up 1000%. Oh, no, wait...........

I shouldn't jest, I've never heard of the guy who he was traded for, so I guess Chiraelli wanted Yak gone very very badly.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Provorov and Konecny make the squad and its not a short term gig...yes!

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-f ... k-all-year
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Provorov and Konecny get their numbers.

Bad ass number! Think someone named Howe wore #9. Much respect.

Konecny :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Season starts tonight. A lot of key players will be missing. C. Price is out with a Flu. Crosby is day to day with yet another concussion during practice, and J.Eichel injured his ankle.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:I'm not really excited about this current Blues team....softest team we've had in quite some time. The losses of Backes and Brouwer are going to hurt. Backes was the backbone of the entire team...nobody else on this current team is capable of filling that. It is what it is though and I've supported my boys since the early 70's. I will look forward to the continued development of Fabbri and Parayko as well as patiently waiting for resolution on the Shattenkirk situation.
The beauty of hockey for me is that while the Blues are my team, I'm not just a Blues fan, I'm a fan of the NHL in general so I will be watching more than just my Blues. I'm really looking forward to watching the Winnipeg Jets emerge as a contender for the central division and I think it will start this year. Also looking forward to see all the young talent in Toronto, Calgary and Philadelphia. Very happy to see St. Louisan Matthew Tkachuk make the Flames opening night roster.
This is without a doubt my favorite week of every year and Tuesday will feel a bit like Christmas Eve for me for sure.
The loss of Brouwer really hurts. I think Petro will fill the Captain roll just fine.

I'm excited for this season.. hitting everyone on the ice hasn't done squat for us, so the up tempo aka Penguins style of play is a welcome one for me.

Let's GO BLUES!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I wasn't kidding when I said that Auston Matthews is the real deal.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Yeah, but he was also the goat on the OT winner......

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Gangrel wrote:Yeah, but he was also the goat on the OT winner......
Rookie mistakes, I'll take his 4 goals anytime. Especially how he stick handled the whole Sens D in his second goal. Kid is barely 19, and he barely showed any emotions. When Babcock says that it was his best night as a Leafs coach witnessing such brilliance, it says something about TO's future. There's light at the end of the tunnel for Leafs nation.

Marner looked good too.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It's all downhill from here, kid! :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gangrel wrote:Yeah, but he was also the goat on the OT winner......
I thought last night served as a microcosm of what's to come this season for the Leafs: Matthews will be fantastic, and the Leafs still will suck.

Lost in the Auston Shuffle, McJesus had a pretty nice season debut for the Oil. And they won, unlike the Leafs.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Yes and Jessie got his first out of the way too. And Kassian has breakaway moves!

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I'm a huge hockey fan, but the season is too long in terms of regular season games. Baseball is a marathon, but not nearly the physical game hockey is. I can't help but think a 52 game season would be much better. That's one of the best parts of the NFL, where every game matters a lot. It's all about money, but the regular season is over bloated and meaningless. More so for the top teams who are almost guaranteed a playoff spot. Am I in the minority?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I lived in Toronto in the past, I know how passionate Leafs nation was and always is, but I always had a blast wearing my Orca colours while laughing at Leafs fans. They just sucked for years.

This is very early in the season, and they probably will miss the playoffs again. But make no mistake folks, they got a great future. Today Mitchel Marner made his first goal after receiving a pass that was a bit behind him, the way he controlled that puck and wristed it for a goal was a thing of beauty.

Auston Matthews is a much bigger guy, but his hands are as quick and skilled as Patty Kane.

They have so any rookies and they play a style of hockey I like to see. Despite the colours, I enjoy watching this team and will follow their progress with interest.

Canucks finally opened their season opener winning in a SO vs division rivals CAL, a year where they will struggle to score again.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Last year, Canucks managed to come back only in three ocassions when they were trailing late going into the last period. Saddled with injuries and lack of depth, it was just a long season to watch.

Tonight, they trailed yet again for the third time in a row, this time against the Blues, yet they pull another improbable win in OT.

So they already matched their feat of last season. Might as well enjoy it, as I still predict a lot of growing pains with this younger Canucks version.

They better start playing with a lead, playing catch up in this league is very hard.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers played sloppy as hell vs Chicago last night but scored 4 unanswered goal in like 5 minutes to tie it...only to lose it with more sloppy play to end the 3rd. Schenn is back from suspension so hopefully they can get some wins at home following a 3 game road trip to start the season.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Beautiful come back, overtime, shootout win for the Flyers tonight over Buffalo. Great to get points in This rough stretch of the schedule. Konecny gets his first too...wooo!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Webber has been one hell of an addition for Habs so far.

As long as Price stays healthy hopes are VERY high.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Webber has been one hell of an addition for Habs so far.

Luv that Howitzer of his, just unstoppable. They are hot baby, like the Oils.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:

I'm holding my breath about the Oil, wondering when this dream start will turn into a nightmare. Maybe Edmonton can be the Leicester City of the NHL this season! :)

McJesus is something else. His time as one of the three best players in the league already is now.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I love McDavid. He has an extra gear that most, if not anybody, has with the puck. The son of one of the guys I work with was in the OHL two years ago in the Soo playing D, and he said most guys have 4 gears, but Connor has 6, and he can do anything with the puck at all 6 speeds.

But like you, i'm just waiting for the usual rash of injuries, or Talbot to wake up and realize he's got twins and should be dog tired....... but i'll enjoy looking at the standings for now!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gangrel wrote:I love McDavid. He has an extra gear that most, if not anybody, has with the puck. The son of one of the guys I work with was in the OHL two years ago in the Soo playing D, and he said most guys have 4 gears, but Connor has 6, and he can do anything with the puck at all 6 speeds.

But like you, i'm just waiting for the usual rash of injuries, or Talbot to wake up and realize he's got twins and should be dog tired....... but i'll enjoy looking at the standings for now!
The younger brother of a friend of mine in Canadian racing played with McDavid at Erie in the OHL. Sam's brother said McDavid's skill was off the charts, hence the nickname McJesus.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Earlier vs the Canucks, I witnessed that extra gear that not many players have. He's a game breaker for sure, I know it's been years of misery for Oils fans but they'll fare than VAN this year. Count on it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:

Pretty f***in psyched right now.