Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2021-2022

Post by Sudz »

Panthers are TOAST.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:48 am
Panthers are TOAST.
Ha! Was just going to post same. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:28 am
Sudz wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:48 am
Panthers are TOAST.
Ha! Was just going to post same. :)
I'm excited for Oilers vs Flames tonight! watch it be 1-0 with 3 total shots

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:33 pm
I'm excited for Oilers vs Flames tonight! watch it be 1-0 with 3 total shots
Exactly why I'm not touching the game from a betting perspective!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Oh, the game won’t be a high scoring one, put that on the bank. Markstrom will be Marky again, and the big question is which Mike Smith is going to show up? Not often a team loses when they score at least 6 goals and frankly Flames got away with that in game 1 and I can guarantee you that Sutter put the team on a leash even after the win.

That’s not the type of hockey he praises. Guys like Kassian and Kane better show more their physicality because the actual guy that was doing the hitting was #97, and that’s not why he’s on the ice for. Heroic performance still with 4 points, he can’t keep carrying his team on his back, others have to show up.

More of a 3-1/ 4-2 type of score I am predicting…

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Glad I bet the over again, James. :) :) :)

As Axl sang on Use Your Illusion II, Pretty Tied Up! BRING IT BACK TO ROGERS, BABY!

#LetsGoOilers

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:38 am
Glad I bet the over again, James. :) :) :)

As Axl sang on Use Your Illusion II, Pretty Tied Up! BRING IT BACK TO ROGERS, BABY!

#LetsGoOilers
Great game by your Oils, I was watching the game on my iPad as the Dragons were battling our own playoffs 8) . I just don’t know how Connor keep as doing it, but you could tell that the rest of the guys just wanted to follow his leadership. The way he skillfully avoids being hit, what a beauty on his goal. Guys like Keith, Hyman and Draisatl just stepped up big time.

Now, refs need to get closer to the net and be better positioned when they battle for the puck in the crease, two quick whistles that affected both teams. Flames can’t give all those PPs opportunities in game 3, they’ll get burn again.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Wow, that was some second period for the Oilers. All the skill of #97, his speed, how he continues to setup his teammates. After game 1 I was mentioning how guys like Hyman and Kane needed to step up their game for them to have any chance vs the Flames. They certainly did that with Hyman last game and so far Kaner with his hat trick.

That Magic line #97, #91 and #29 was clicking on all cylinders.

Flames look confused, they certainly miss the services of C. Tanev in D. I don’t see Smith having a meltdown in the third period, in fact he’s been solid with a couple of key saves, one huge on Tkachuck. Their main problem so far is that they can’t contain McDavid..

Marky will be pulled in the 3rd, time to refocus as this game is over for the Flames and get ready for game 4.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

10spro wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:13 pm
Wow, that was some second period for the Oilers. All the skill of #97, his speed, how he continues to setup his teammates. After game 1 I was mentioning how guys like Hyman and Kane needed to step up their game for them to have any chance vs the Flames. They certainly did that with Hyman last game and so far Kaner with his hat trick.

That Magic line #97, #91 and #29 was clicking on all cylinders.

Flames look confused, they certainly miss the services of C. Tanev in D. I don’t see Smith having a meltdown in the third period, in fact he’s been solid with a couple of key saves, one huge on Tkachuck. Their main problem so far is that they can’t contain McDavid..

Marky will be pulled in the 3rd, time to refocus as this game is over for the Flames and get ready for game 4.
McDavid is just insane. He's so f***in good in tight spaces. Guys can't get a body on him.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I can't think of a team sport in North America in which the gap between the best player and everyone else is as wide as McDavid and the rest of the NHL. Dude is transcendent. I'm so grateful he wears the orange and blue.

Matthews may win the Hart, but that's only because of McDavid fatigue among the voters. McDavid is at a different level than Matthews.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Kadri is a pos, he accomplished his yearly agenda of ending a Blues player's season during the playoffs (it was Faulk last season). Binnington was playing like it was 2019 and the team was able to tighten up their game knowing how great he moves the puck before the Avs can get zone pressure. (he was our xfactor vs the avs speed/talent)

Husso will have to get back to regular season form and the Blues have a tough hill to climb. Hopefully they can tie up this series tonight, I'll be at the game so LGB!!!

I don't care which goalie it is, players should be in control of their bodies and if they skate into the goalie on their own accord, it should be a 5 min penalty and game misconduct. You have to protect all players, but especially goalies. If that same play happens in soccer it's a red card dismissal.
Last edited by MizzouRah on Mon May 23, 2022 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

please delete

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Mizzou, I understand your frustration. I also thought Binnington was in top form when I mentioned how well he played in the first round and in game 1 of the series despite the loss.

Unfortunately for your Blues, N. Kadri excels when he’s the pest rat that’s he is. He’s very good at “accidentally on purpose’ hits, in fact he mastered it. When I mentioned that TOR needed a jerk in their team and to advance in the playoffs, I mentioned him right? Well, he was part of a trade and Leafs are still looking for a similar player.

Much like B. Machand, the more people dislike him, the more comfortable he feels and don’t be surprised if he excels tonight.

Husso was pretty good during the regular season, hope he can do his part.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Tampa to the finals? They are freaking HOT right now. Not sure who can beat them at this point. I don't think the AVS or Oilers have the goaltending to match-up with them.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

10spro wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:48 pm
don’t be surprised if he (Kadri) excels tonight.
You f***in called that one!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:13 pm
Tampa to the finals? They are freaking HOT right now. Not sure who can beat them at this point. I don't think the AVS or Oilers have the goaltending to match-up with them.
Why not? You got the best coach out there in Cooper. Look at that rosters, a few HOF already when they retire, Vasilevsky is a monster in big games. All that experience, Leafs should have won game 4 of their series, they just needed some s*** disturber like Kadri, but it is what it is now.

Blues are done, wouldn’t count the Flames out yet, but they have to contain McDavid.

Avs-Bolts would be an awesome SC finals…

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

10spro wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:48 pm
Sudz wrote:

Avs-Bolts would be an awesome SC finals…
yeah, I just don't see the rangers or Canes beating Tampa.

I'd love to see McDavid in the finals, but I just don't think they have the goaltending to get there.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Tampa is hoisting the mug for the third consecutive year. It's the best team in hockey, once again.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If the Broadstreet (looking at your Flyers, Diablo) bullies are serious about hiring Torts to coach their team, then they have no clue what they are doing and their franchise will continue to struggle forever. Yes, John would shape up a few individuals but his style of coaching would not last in todays’ NHL.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:48 pm
Mizzou, I understand your frustration. I also thought Binnington was in top form when I mentioned how well he played in the first round and in game 1 of the series despite the loss.

Unfortunately for your Blues, N. Kadri excels when he’s the pest rat that’s he is. He’s very good at “accidentally on purpose’ hits, in fact he mastered it. When I mentioned that TOR needed a jerk in their team and to advance in the playoffs, I mentioned him right? Well, he was part of a trade and Leafs are still looking for a similar player.

Much like B. Machand, the more people dislike him, the more comfortable he feels and don’t be surprised if he excels tonight.

Husso was pretty good during the regular season, hope he can do his part.
Yes, you called it! I still think it's BS he cheap shots Perron, Buch cheap shots him back then Perron piles on and we get 2 penalties and Colorado gets squat. Should have been a 4 on 3 Colorado PP not 5 on3. Didn't really matter I guess as Husso is no Binnington, at least in the playoffs.

I still think NHL referees are worse than NFL referees and that's saying a lot.

Kadri got the last laugh though and I hope Edmonton or Calgary kicks the s*** out of the Avs as I'm sure they will finish us off tomorrow at home.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:00 pm
If the Broadstreet (looking at your Flyers, Diablo) bullies are serious about hiring Torts to coach their team, then they have no clue what they are doing and their franchise will continue to struggle forever. Yes, John would shape up a few individuals but his style of coaching would not last in todays’ NHL.
Torts is like dairy products -- a very limited shelf life.

Neanderthals like him don't work anymore. Just look at how the Oilers were resurrected this season after replacing noted caveman Tippett with Jay Woodcroft.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Maybe the lucky bounces/rebounds are starting to look out for the Blues. Great game 5 so far, a rollercoaster of emotions for both teams. At 3-1 entering the third COL looked more uptight inexplicably instead of going for the kill. Last 5 minutes of the third were crazy.

O’Reilly is having a great game so far and what a goal for MacKinnon when they went up 4-3, as both Blues D-men were not on their strong side as Faulk being right handed should have been on the left side.

Should be a great OT.

Edit: That’s was short and sweet for the Blues. Great comeback! And what’s going on now mentally in the AVS’ heads?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Bozak with the winner, happy for him!!!

That was a wild game, my emotions were all over the place. I still don't comprehend why Kyrou just stood there and let McKinnon skate past him like that, but McKinnon is a different beast.

Blues stayed positive and kept coming, I'm still a bit jacked up after that win!!!

The big question now is, can they win one at home after losing two straight?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

pk500 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm
10spro wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:00 pm
Torts is like dairy products -- a very limited shelf life.

Neanderthals like him don't work anymore. Just look at how the Oilers were resurrected this season after replacing noted caveman Tippett with Jay Woodcroft.
I go back and forth on Torts as potential Flyers coach. I will say, in general, I personally believe they need a coach who has some gravitas and will give the team an enema, because they have truly been a listless, indifferent team recently. 4 years ago they played bad enough to get Hakstol fired, then they did okay in Vigneault's first year, but the next year was a trainwreck which the team pathetically blamed on COVID, and of course this year they played even worse and Vigneault was fired.

As for Torts in individually, I'm not sure you can say he doesn't work in the NHL anymore. His last gig was in Columbus, and he was there for 6 years and made the playoffs in 4 of them (for a team that only had 2 previous playoff appearances, ever). It was only 5 years ago he won the Jack Adams. In a league where the average coaching tenure is 3 seasons and change, he coached TB for 7 years, NYR for 5, and CLB for 6. All NHL coaches are hired to be fired, and he is outlasting most even with his abrasive style.

I don't think he's a fit on most teams these days, but I do suspect the direction of the wind is changing and NHL teams might start going back to more demanding coaches, and maybe 4-5 seasons of Torts might help the Flyers out of a malaise that is unprecedented for this franchise after Ed Snider passed away.

We'll see. Word is Trotz is the top choice for the Flyers (who knows if he wants it though), and Tocchet, Muller and Montgomery are also candidates.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Everyone wants Trotz, he’s a solid candidate for any team. I think the Jets are really pushing hard for him.