Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2021-2022

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:02 pm
Eddie O leaves Chicago for Seattle Shocker!
The team or broadcaster low-balled him, figuring he would take the discount because he's a Blackhawks' legend. Eddie O told them to stuff it and is headed to Seattle to work with the excellent John Forslund.

Eddie O is one of the absolute best analysts in the game. It was naive as f*ck for the Blackhawks/broadcaster to think he would take the home team discount.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am not a big fan of M. Tkachuk but fair value for the Flames for swinging a deal with the Panthers, just a week after losing Gaudreau for nothing. If you really care about your past services and how your team has treated you, you tell them straight ahead that you have no intentions of signing an extension instead of going thru all the drama during a regular season amid speculations and expectations especially in a Canadian market.

That’s exactly what the Tkachuk team did and with Huberdau,Weeegan, Shwindt and a 1st rounder coming the other way, CAL is still a top team in the Pacific division. Obviously so is FLO in the east.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Good deal for both teams, but it annoys me that Calgary still got the better end of the deal.

Florida got a tough, 100-point player and a fourth-round pick. Calgary got a 100-point player, a promising D man, a prospect and a first-round pick.

Effing Flames.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Hockey Night In DSP 2022-2023

Post by 10spro »

Season started last week in Europe, and a bunch of teams started their home openers last night. Good, entertaining match between the Oils and ‘Nucks where VAN started on fire but just couldn’t stop McDavid with just 5 minutes to go as the game had OT written all over it.

VAN continue on the road for another week and with already 2 D-men down due to injuries in the preseason, the focus will be on their defense.

The hope is to make it to the playoffs this season where they narrowly missed it last year but with the Alberta teams being so strong, Vegas resurging , LA and ANA improving it will be a battle again for that final spot in the Pacific division.

CAL had a very interesting summer where they lost the services of Tkachuck and Gaudreau, yet with the new additions,, they look may I say even stronger than before.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2022-2023

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers Devils tonight! If the Flyers win tonight it will probably be the only time they will be over .500 all season…hahaha. I’m still excited to see how Tortorella handles the organization.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s official, since the puck was dropped almost 2 weeks ago, Canucks are the only team still without a win in this young season. Sad thing is that in all the games they played they had a lead on the opponent and my biggest fear for this current team is still the D core.

The effort has been there for the most part but their Star players have been very inconsistent. Something is wrong.

They finish their horror road show with only 2 points out of 10, but if this trend continues in front of a tough Canadian crowd at home, some heads may roll very early.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:14 pm
It’s official, since the puck was dropped almost 2 weeks ago, Canucks are the only team still without a win in this young season. Sad thing is that in all the games they played they had a lead on the opponent and my biggest fear for this current team is still the D core.

The effort has been there for the most part but their Star players have been very inconsistent. Something is wrong.

They finish their horror road show with only 2 points out of 10, but if this trend continues in front of a tough Canadian crowd at home, some heads may roll very early.
Well, when you run into the juggernaut called the Philadelphia Flyers there isn’t much you can do :lol:

Seriously though, the Flyers start (3-1) has been way more than a pleasant surprise. Torts hasn’t raised his voice once yet…at least on camera :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It is hard to believe that this guy just played his 500th game in the NHL. Not only that, he also scored this beauty, his speed, touch and skill in closed spaces is best to none. He leads the league in scoring, too good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRN9ZsB1JjI

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The Blues look terrible.. but we keep signing massive deals to players who haven't done squat in the NHL.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:38 pm
The Blues look terrible.. but we keep signing massive deals to players who haven't done squat in the NHL.
That’s just the way of the NHL now. Lock your young guys up by paying a little more now. If you give Kyrou or Thomas another bridge deal, they might cost you $11 mil per year in 3 more years as the cap is going to rise significantly. It’s just good business practice. Kyrou is taking all the flack but he’s likely still a 25 goal 70pt player in most years of his new deal. Blues are just struggling right now. To me the bigger issues right now are ROR and Parayko. Parayko is a complete joke of a player…he’s the guy they need to move on from.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:34 am
That’s just the way of the NHL now. Lock your young guys up by paying a little more now. If you give Kyrou or Thomas another bridge deal, they might cost you $11 mil per year in 3 more years as the cap is going to rise significantly. It’s just good business practice. Kyrou is taking all the flack but he’s likely still a 25 goal 70pt player in most years of his new deal. Blues are just struggling right now. To me the bigger issues right now are ROR and Parayko. Parayko is a complete joke of a player…he’s the guy they need to move on from.
I cannot stand Parayko and I FULLY agree with you.

Good win last night against a very good Vegas team.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With his hat trick the gre8t OV scored his 800th goal in the league just a score shy of tying Gordie Howe Record of 801.

Who’s says that in the next couple of years if he stays healthy he doesn’t beat what seemed impossible for ages and surpass Gretzky’s all time record?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:38 am
With his hat trick the gre8t OV scored his 800th goal in the league just a score shy of tying Gordie Howe Record of 801.

Who’s says that in the next couple of years if he stays healthy he doesn’t beat what seemed impossible for ages and surpass Gretzky’s all time record?
He will break 99's record. I thought Ovi was about 40. Surprised when I looked up his age after he reached 800 with a hat trick the other night and noticed he just turned 37 in September.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:48 pm
10spro wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:38 am

He will break 99's record. I thought Ovi was about 40. Surprised when I looked up his age after he reached 800 with a hat trick the other night and noticed he just turned 37 in September.
He's been healthy his entire career. The more open, faster game is going to help him play longer too. He can just camp out at the top of the circle and continue to get fed the puck.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Canucks trade captain Bo Horvat to the Isles as the team unable to sign him to an extension continues to retool with younger players while struggling mightily with the salary cap inflicted partly by the previous regime. Bo was having a great season, one of the few highlights in a year gone wrong with the firing of Bruce Boudreau last week and the current management unable to shave off any salary and continuing to struggle in D without the services of P. Demko for over a month.

With a 1st rounder coming this way next year and the the services of 2 players we’ll see how this trade pans out in the future. Horvat was a good guy following the steps of H. Sedin as captain and will be missed for his leadership but unable to resign him so far, management didn’t have much of a choice at this point.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Canucks' organization is a dumpster fire. They treated Boudreau like crap, hired a coach in Tocchet with a losing track record and probably should have gotten more for Horvat.

As an Oilers' fan, I shed ZERO tears. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

How Rutherford claimed Boudreau publicly that he didn’t have any structure in his D was disgusting, even though it wasn’t his original hiring you just don’t throw your coach under the bus to the media that crave stories like that.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:02 pm
How Rutherford claimed Boudreau publicly that he didn’t have any structure in his D was disgusting, even though it wasn’t his original hiring you just don’t throw your coach under the bus to the media that crave stories like that.
Even worse: Rutherford confirmed the Canucks were looking for replacements for Boudreau -- while Boudreau was still head coach.

It would be one thing if Rutherford did that to a sh*thead like Babcock or Tortorella. But Boudreau? Everyone says he's one of the nicest, cheeriest people in hockey.

Shameful.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With the bloody Rangers acquiring V. Tarasenko and the Blues retaining 50% of his salary, NY becomes an instant candidate for me at Lord’s Stanley. That kid line led by Lafreniere, all kinds of speed with the forwards and the addition now of Tarasenko, scoring will come in bunches for them. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Blues ship O’Reilly too ahead of the trade deadline in a couple of weeks.

Next guys to go, the top guys for the Hawks, Kane and Toews. With teams retaining some salary some big names will be moved for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:27 am
With the bloody Rangers acquiring V. Tarasenko and the Blues retaining 50% of his salary, NY becomes an instant candidate for me at Lord’s Stanley. That kid line led by Lafreniere, all kinds of speed with the forwards and the addition now of Tarasenko, scoring will come in bunches for them. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Blues ship O’Reilly too ahead of the trade deadline in a couple of weeks.

Next guys to go, the top guys for the Hawks, Kane and Toews. With teams retaining some salary some big names will be moved for sure.
It's all just window dressing in the East unless Boston hits a huge slump or has a key injury. The Bruins are the belle of the ball in the East. Carolina is the only team I can see hanging with the B's.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With TOR and EDM making some big changes to their rosters early this week and today, the trade deadline on Friday maybe one of the most boring ones yet to come. With some playoffs teams already making their moves last week such as BOS and CAR adding today J.Puljujarv who really didn’t have enough minutes with that talented offense with the Oils.

Adding veteran Elkhom from NAS is a definitely Plus EDM, although they will miss Barrie on the PP unit. Still I think they need another blue liner if they want to compete with the likes of Vegas, DAL and COL in the west.

Leafs are another team that needed to bolster their blue line, they did so yesterday in a trade with the Isles and today adding depth D-man Luke Schenn while I’ll miss dearly for his leadership as one of those true stay at home defenseman that will fight for you when push gets to shove.

Hope he resigns in VAN this summer as a UFA, his leadership is priceless.

I mentioned the Rangers as the closest foe to the Bruins, more so now with Patty Kane seemingly agreeing to be traded there. Along with CAR, BOS and now dare I say a much improved Leafs team, (O’Reilly & Acciardi last week) they will be fighting for the final 2 spots in the East when it comes to advancing to Lord Stanley.

The biggest fish to be dangling out there is E. Karlsson from the Sharks in my view, not that they are shopping him around, but with a lot of teams retaining necessary salary to make these trades happen, with most teams struggling to free up money, old fashion 1 for 1 trades are difficult to make these days.

D.Chychrun is another D-man coveted by a lot of teams.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm OK with the Barrie trade. He's having a super year and is the backline QB of the power play. But the Oilers' PP doesn't depend on him. Maybe this will spur Bouchard to develop into what some people think he can be.

The Oilers' biggest problem is defense. That's the weakest area of Barrie's game on the blue line. So, he was expendable, and Ekholm is a much better defender.

The Bison King? See ya. Won't miss you. For every game Puljaarvi looked good, there were two where he was clueless. I don't think Yamamoto -- the player to whom Puljaarvi was compared to most by Oilers' fans in the debate of whom to keep -- is much better. But at least in the games in which Yamamoto is invisible, he doesn't hurt the Oilers, unlike The Bison King.

Agree with you on the Oil needing another D man to compete, James. But the biggest problem may be the $5 million cap hit annually tied up into Jack Campbell in goal. He looks to be a bust at this point. Skinner is playing surprisingly well, but he's still too inconsistent to carry this team through two or three rounds of the playoffs.

Where's Rolie the Goalie when we need him? I still have such fond memories of Roloson, Pronger, Pisani and Samsonov carrying the Oil to Game 7 of the Cup Finals in 2006 against Carolina. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

PK, with the news just now that Jacob Chychrun was traded to OTT, I look at the risk-rewards situation and Sens just hit a homer with this deal. I mean, a 1st rounder this year, and two 2nd rounder for the next 2 seasons? Fantastic deal.

All of the sudden with this acquisition, Sens should be expected to squeeze into the playoffs IMO and are a much better team with this trade. While much of the year, they’ve been rather inconsistent, Chychrun is a better D-man than Ekholm offensively and defensively IMV and will make OTT a much more dangerous team.

And considering the term, the money he’s being paid I wonder if Holland could not have offered a similar deal yesterday for his services. I know, they’ve kicked the tires at the Chychrun camp, much like BOS before, and the Kings as well.

And much like the Leafs, the window of opportunity for the Oils is now and I wonder if Holland could not have offered a similar deal without giving up a player like Barrie. Perhaps, Sens have a slightly better cap space but at 4.4M that Chychrun is being paid, he’s a steal for the next 2 seasons.

T. Meier to the Devils is a big Plus trade too, G7 you must be over the moon. With this move, NJ is telling everyone else, “Hey don’t underestimate us”.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Playoffs, yes PLAYOFFS start tonight. I usually make my predictions on each team but this season is different. I mean, can we just give the bloody Cup to the the Bruins? And P. Bergeron will put a cap to his illustrious career. That’s my prediction. 8) As much as the Leafs have improved, (they better go to the 2nd round) should they fail to beat TPA, I think Dubas will be a lame duck. Jersey/NYR should be a dandy, CAR is solid but had some key injuries, so it’s BOS in the EAST at the end of the day.

In the West, Oils are the hottest team coming into the playoffs, Eklhom have been outstanding for them and of course there’s no problem scoring when you have the best player in the world. Vegas is always tough but will goaltending become an issue the longer they go. Avs are still very good but also had some tough injuries.

Here’s hoping for an exciting month of playoffs, but make no mistake BOS is the team to beat.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

1. The oilers? Will they ever get close to the cup?
2. HAHA. f***in' Leafs. DUMPTRUCKED by Tampa. Nice challenge, fuckhead.