Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Post by 10spro »

The season opener is around the corner with teams opening training camps next week. But before that, there's this little tournament going on in Toronto called the 'World Cup of Hockey'. It started yesterday with Team Canada blanking the Czechs in easy fashion while team Europe shocked team USA 3-0 and is virtually in a must win situation next Tuesday against Canada.

For most of these players, this tournament is their preseason and surprisingly the action has been very, very good. Team Swede squeezed a win vs the Russians today while team NA is toying with the Finns so far tonight, who are no slouch.

Watching the likes of MCDavid, Eichel, J. Gaudreau, Larkin and A. Matthews representing NA is something else. Their youth, speed and skill is so much fun to watch. P. Laine played well too for the Finns, and will be fun to watch this year.
Last edited by 10spro on Thu May 18, 2023 11:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2016-2017

Post by Diablo25 »

North America vs Russia coming up at 8 EST on ESPN2. The young bucks look damn good.

Hoping my Flyers take the next step this year and do some damage in the playoffs. Their young defensemen are STUDS. Love the fall...NHL, NFL and NBA :) And my Sixers might actually resemble an actual NBA team this year!

Remember this name -Ivan Provorov. He's a beast.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:North America vs Russia coming up at 8 EST on ESPN2. The young bucks look damn good.
Game of the tournament so far. Just as they took the foot off the pedal, the Russians goals came in bunches with M. Murray letting a couple of soft ones. But the young guns didn't give up, the last minute of the game was crazy good. These kids are fun to watch.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

USA Canada right now.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

tjung0831 wrote:USA Canada right now.
Yeah, good stuff going, pretty much a must win for USA. Canada strikes back quickly, they been carrying the play. You guys down south may not be as involved but there's been a lot of great games played in this World Cup so far.

I am expecting a lot of nasty stuff as the game wears on, guys like Abdelkader and Marchand will play a key role for each team.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

USA looks horrible. :(
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:USA looks horrible. :(
John Tortorella is never shy to speak his mind. He was damn sure that he buildt a team that would beat team Canada before the tournament started. I guess he was wrong. They are now eliminated. Torts sounded beat, just the same way when he was leading the Canucks, and took blame after the loss.

Canada's forecheck and speed were just too much for the Americans. They were some nasty hits, I guess new Hab Shea Weber didn't appreciate how teammate Pacioretty boarded Couture in the third.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote: John Tortorella is never shy to speak his mind. He was damn sure that he buildt a team that would beat team Canada before the tournament started. I guess he was wrong. They are now eliminated. Torts sounded beat, just the same way when he was leading the Canucks, and took blame after the loss.

Canada's forecheck and speed were just too much for the Americans. They were some nasty hits, I guess new Hab Shea Weber didn't appreciate how teammate Pacioretty boarded Couture in the third.
USA just didn't look like they had any fire besides the first 5 minutes. Either that or we just can't hold a candle to Canada when it comes to hockey. :)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
10spro wrote: John Tortorella is never shy to speak his mind. He was damn sure that he buildt a team that would beat team Canada before the tournament started. I guess he was wrong. They are now eliminated. Torts sounded beat, just the same way when he was leading the Canucks, and took blame after the loss.

USA just didn't look like they had any fire besides the first 5 minutes. Either that or we just can't hold a candle to Canada when it comes to hockey. :)
Oh we all know that north of the border... 8)

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Damn, does team North America look good. As soon as it went to OT, I knew they'd score. Fun to watch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

A beauty going into the third between the Russians and team Canada. The home team is exercising their forecheck with superior speed with a two goal advantage.

Edit: Make that 3, beautiful curl, drag goal by J. Tavares.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's going to be Team Canada vs team Europe in the finals, A. Kopitar has been great leading the Europeans, but we all know who is going to win.

On another note, what's EDM thinking when they added this mascot?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Don't taunt Hunter or he will kill you.........
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:It's going to be Team Canada vs team Europe in the finals, A. Kopitar has been great leading the Europeans, but we all know who is going to win.

On another note, what's EDM thinking when they added this mascot?

The Lynxx is the gayest of the cat species...not that there is anything wrong with that.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Hey Diablo? You been getting a good look at Travis Konecny? I mentioned him to you last year. Sounds like he's close to making the Flyers opening night lineup. Kid is a stud.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

tjung0831 wrote:Hey Diablo? You been getting a good look at Travis Konecny? I mentioned him to you last year. Sounds like he's close to making the Flyers opening night lineup. Kid is a stud.
He was the easily the best player on the ice for either team in a preseason game last week. Seems about 50/50 if he makes the team, given the Flyers logjam at forward and Hextall's preference for slow promotion.

I wrote this post last week on him at my blog site.
http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2016/09/29/p ... -good-ohl/
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Naples39 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:Hey Diablo? You been getting a good look at Travis Konecny? I mentioned him to you last year. Sounds like he's close to making the Flyers opening night lineup. Kid is a stud.
He was the easily the best player on the ice for either team in a preseason game last week. Seems about 50/50 if he makes the team, given the Flyers logjam at forward and Hextall's preference for slow promotion.

I wrote this post last week on him at my blog site.
http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2016/09/29/p ... -good-ohl/
Great read! I've been following Konecny since his rookie year playing for Ottawa in the OHL. Hopefully Hextall will make the right call. They can always give him the 9 game tryout before making a decision on him but I'd say he makes the Flyers better this year. I was also hoping that Morin would get a shot but it looks like they sent him down yesterday.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Yeah I've been watching and I agree with Naples. Hakstol had him on the same line with Girioux the other night. I'm hoping he makes the squad. I can't see Provorov being sent down. He must be on the team.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

We are seeing the emergence of young studs in the league. And I mean really young studs. McDavid is now captain in Oil town, Matthews looks solid in TO. If you're 24 and older, you maybe considered a bit too old unless you're a keeper. 8)

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:We are seeing the emergence of young studs in the league. And I mean really young studs. McDavid is now captain in Oil town, Matthews looks solid in TO. If you're 24 and older, you maybe considered a bit too old unless you're a keeper. 8)
Don't forget Marner in Toronto as well....he might be top 5 of most exciting players in the league right now. He's got Pat Kane skill mixed in with some Doug Gilmour shiftiness. Really looking forward to what he does this year.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:We are seeing the emergence of young studs in the league. And I mean really young studs. McDavid is now captain in Oil town, Matthews looks solid in TO. If you're 24 and older, you maybe considered a bit too old unless you're a keeper. 8)
McDavid is a STUD.

Scott Laughton out 3-4 weeks for Flyers which makes it even more likely that Konecny breaks camp with Philly. Also Brandon Manning is week to week almost assuring Provorov breaks camp with team. Provorov should make the team regardless.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Diablo25 wrote:
McDavid is a STUD.

Scott Laughton out 3-4 weeks for Flyers which makes it even more likely that Konecny breaks camp with Philly. Also Brandon Manning is week to week almost assuring Provorov breaks camp with team. Provorov should make the team regardless.
Provorov is easily a top-4 defenseman for the Flyers this year, IMO. $10 says he leads the Flyers in ice time next year.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

By trading Nail Yakupov, Oilers become the first team to trade two former #1 draft picks in the same year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Naples39 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
McDavid is a STUD.

Provorov is easily a top-4 defenseman for the Flyers this year, IMO. $10 says he leads the Flyers in ice time next year.
Agreed. He strong and smart.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I'm not really excited about this current Blues team....softest team we've had in quite some time. The losses of Backes and Brouwer are going to hurt. Backes was the backbone of the entire team...nobody else on this current team is capable of filling that. It is what it is though and I've supported my boys since the early 70's. I will look forward to the continued development of Fabbri and Parayko as well as patiently waiting for resolution on the Shattenkirk situation.
The beauty of hockey for me is that while the Blues are my team, I'm not just a Blues fan, I'm a fan of the NHL in general so I will be watching more than just my Blues. I'm really looking forward to watching the Winnipeg Jets emerge as a contender for the central division and I think it will start this year. Also looking forward to see all the young talent in Toronto, Calgary and Philadelphia. Very happy to see St. Louisan Matthew Tkachuk make the Flames opening night roster.
This is without a doubt my favorite week of every year and Tuesday will feel a bit like Christmas Eve for me for sure.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM