Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2021-2022

Post by 10spro »

A true icon of the sport of Hockey, a legend for Isles fans, a lethal scorer. Mike Bossy passes. RIP Mike.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:04 am
A true icon of the sport of Hockey, a legend for Isles fans, a lethal scorer. Mike Bossy passes. RIP Mike.
Sadly, not surprising he died of lung cancer. Bossy was LEGENDARY for smoking a cigarette or two outside of the Islanders' locker room between periods.

It's beyond me how the hell a heavy smoker was so lethal in such a physically taxing sport as hockey.

Nine consecutive 50-goal seasons. Not even Gretz did that.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm
10spro wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:04 am
Sadly, not surprising he died of lung cancer. Bossy was LEGENDARY for smoking a cigarette or two outside of the Islanders' locker room between periods.

It's beyond me how the hell a heavy smoker was so lethal in such a physically taxing sport as hockey.

Nine consecutive 50-goal seasons. Not even Gretz did that.
True dat, not even Mario, not even Ovie and other great scorers had such goals per game since the 70’s. I remember still how he terrorized the Canucks in the 82 Stanley finals still. Quite a sniper.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The league lost another Legend especially in the eyes of Habs fans. The Flower was part of the dynasty in the 70s, the long hair flowing. RIP Guy.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

First Mike Bossy. Now Guy Lafleur. The legends of my youth are leaving too quickly.

We got cable TV in Syracuse around 1975, when I was 10. I remember we got one Canadian station -- CKWS from Kingston. I was enthralled watching Hockey Night in Canada every Saturday night, especially when a Montreal wing wearing No. 10 would skate like the wind -- but seemingly effortless -- up and down the ice, his long hair flowing behind him.

That guy was Guy Lafleur. One of my childhood idols.

RIP, Flower.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It took over 63 shots to finally beat Jake Oettinger, game 7 went to OT and the Flames managed to squeeze into the second round of the playoffs in a much must see TV battle of Alberta.

This series was perhaps the tightest and slow scoring in the first round and as well as Calgary played during the last half of the season, this team is deep and could go all the way.

But American fans, keep an eye on Oettinger, he reminds me of a young Carey Price at his peak, so composed and poised, one of the reasons the Stars went this deep, and a great future ahead of him. Even D. Sutter admitted that he was the best player in the series.

Great come back for Rangers fans winning also in OT, sweet Carolina will be waiting for them.

The most relaxed team in the playoffs is COL who seemed to have won their series so long ago, I can see them in the western conference finals vs the Flames.

But EDM-CAL should be a beauty to watch, the intensity will remind you of the late 80s and early 90s.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The Pens BLEW that game 7.

Also, Toronto.....

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

First postseason Battle of Alberta since 1991. I cannot effing wait.

#LetsGoOilers

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2021-202

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:30 am
The Pens BLEW that game 7.

Also, Toronto.....
You could say that I guess with less than 8 minutes to go, but Rangers were pushing really hard. Even though Crosby was back at this game after the high hit on him by J. Trouba in game 4 where they still won, you could kind of tell that they were more worried whether their captain and leader would be able to finish the series instead of just playing the next game and hopefully winning it in 5.

He was hurt, and NY knew how important that key loss was for PIT, it became more of a mental game for them on where the shaky performance of Igor Shesterkin was finally under control.

Regarding the Leafs, As much as I hate them, the series could have easily gone the other way. The Bolts were definitely beatable here and if it wasn't for the veterans stepping up in game 7 along A. Vasilevsky’s solid performance, these TOR team could have advance to round 2, something they’ve been unable to do since that marvelous choke job a few years back vs the Bruins.

What they miss, is a jerk in that team, a Tom Wilson, a rat like B. Marchand, someone to make the opponent’s life miserable in the playoffs. They had him in N. Kadri but he was traded a few years back.

But a team with so much talent were A. Matthews had a career year is close to advancing to the next round. They are really close, I wouldn’t change the coach or GM for that matter.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:21 pm

#LetsGoOilers
When you were still a young punk, enjoying E. Tikkanen’s winning goal? :lol: :D :wink: Or was that the year before?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:38 pm
pk500 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:21 pm

#LetsGoOilers
When you were still a young punk, enjoying E. Tikkanen’s winning goal? :lol: :D :wink: Or was that the year before?
Ah, the days of when I HATED names like Joel Otto, Jim Peplinski and yes ... even Lanny McDonald.

Just replace them now with names like Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Lindholm. The hate still is the same. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

No Theo Fleury there? That’s what I like in the battle of Alberta. Total hate, there’s no in between.

You have the battle of FLA tonight yet nobody cares.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

10spro wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:14 am
No Theo Fleury there? That’s what I like in the battle of Alberta. Total hate, there’s no in between.

You have the battle of FLA tonight yet nobody cares.
The night of NO HOCKEY between rounds 1 and 2 always sucks. so many good games each night and then it stops for a night.

I'm not sure Tampa and Florida have ever been good at the same time enough to warrant a rivalry. Hopefully that changes tonight.

I think the AVS vs Blues series is going to sneaky brutal. I bet it gets chippy real fast.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I think Blues-Avs will indeed be a very good series, COL needs a punch in the face here and there. They are so deep but curious still in the GK position.

The battle of FLA will also be a good one, both teams have depth and great goaltending, hope it goes the distance for entertainment value, but sadly if you ask a Floridian if they want to check the Panthers, they may think of a zoo instead. 8)

Scary what happened to Mitch Marner.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs- ... -1.1800627

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 am
Ah, the days of when I HATED names like Joel Otto, Jim Peplinski and yes ... even Lanny McDonald.

Just replace them now with names like Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Lindholm. The hate still is the same. :)
And how could I forget Theo F*cking Fleury?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

What a performance by Binnington tonight as the Blues were completely dominated but had a chance to steal one tonight.

They lost 3-2 in OT and it was a disgrace to Binnington who stood on his head the whole game. This could be another quick series for Colorado.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:55 am
What a performance by Binnington tonight as the Blues were completely dominated but had a chance to steal one tonight.

They lost 3-2 in OT and it was a disgrace to Binnington who stood on his head the whole game. This could be another quick series for Colorado.
Awesome performance by Binnington. He just reminded me of J. Oettinger stiffing the Flames in game 7. Over 50 saves, maybe he can regain some of the magic the Blues relied on 3 years ago. Don’t think it’ll be 4 in a row at all, yes it’s hard to keep up with the Avs’ speed and overall depth but hot goalies do still games.

Just weird watching Russell Wilson cheering for DEN.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

That was weird seeing Wilson in the crowd.

We need to win game 2!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm a bit concerned that Draisaitl, Kane and RNH didn't skate yesterday at Oilers' practice.

I expected Draisaitl to not skate until today because of his known high ankle sprain. But no previous word about injuries to Kane or RNH, which I guess isn't that surprising in the "upper body injury/lower body injury" world of byzantine NHL injury reports.

Still concerning. Puts even more of a heavy load on McJesus. But as we Oilers' fans know, McJESUS SAVES.

#LetsGoOilers

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Battle of AB. What a show, game 1, 15 goals and a lot of animosity at the end. Both teams will tighten up inevitably, Smith better pick up his game before the ghosts of the regular season haunts the Oilers again when it comes to in between the pipes position.

Sloppy awesome game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Woodcroft probably will start Smith in Game 2 simply because he has no good options. Koskinen is barely an NHL goaltender. Neither was Old Man Mike last night.

It's easy to target goalies when you allow nine goals. But the Oilers' defense looked like the Keystone Kops last night, too. A disjointed mess.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:20 am
Woodcroft probably will start Smith in Game 2 simply because he has no good options. Koskinen is barely an NHL goaltender. Neither was Old Man Mike last night.

It's easy to target goalies when you allow nine goals. But the Oilers' defense looked like the Keystone Kops last night, too. A disjointed mess.
Bad D is bad D, but so many of those shots were savable.

Line Brawl is gonna happen in this series.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:03 am
pk500 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:20 am

Bad D is bad D, but so many of those shots were savable.

Line Brawl is gonna happen in this series.
The positive takeaway for we Oil fans is that Markstrom also looked shaky at times last night, too.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Perfect gameplan by Berube and the Blues tonight. Huge win as the boys come back home!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:25 am
Perfect gameplan by Berube and the Blues tonight. Huge win as the boys come back home!
By being more physical, clogging the AVS offensive rush zone with the speed that they have and it was a much more even game. Binnington was solid again, good sticks and all the experience that guys like Perron and O’Reilly brought to this game. I thought Parayko was very good too in D.

COL’s Achilles heel has been the second round much like the Leafs on their first round flops.

Big win for your Blues and a bit of a mental edge perhaps heading back home.