Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2016-2017

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Gangrel wrote:I love McDavid. He has an extra gear that most, if not anybody, has with the puck. The son of one of the guys I work with was in the OHL two years ago in the Soo playing D, and he said most guys have 4 gears, but Connor has 6, and he can do anything with the puck at all 6 speeds.

But like you, i'm just waiting for the usual rash of injuries, or Talbot to wake up and realize he's got twins and should be dog tired....... but i'll enjoy looking at the standings for now!
The younger brother of a friend of mine in Canadian racing played with McDavid at Erie in the OHL. Sam's brother said McDavid's skill was off the charts, hence the nickname McJesus.
I always root for the Oilers unless against the Habs or Hawks...Where I was born 8)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Went the Blues - Kings last night.. Jake Allen is a freaking beast, wow.. what a game!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

This is surprising for a CO that's been selling sticks and skates for up to 1K each. Recently resigned an agreement with King Lundqvist, yet they are seeking court protection as they'll have to restructure their biz model.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bauer-p ... -1.3828882

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I never want to celebrate an Oil loss, but it was pretty cool to see Craig Anderson of Ottawa shut out the hottest team in the league just four days after his wife was diagnosed with cancer.

Very classy to see Cam Talbot standing in the runway applauding Anderson when he was announced as the first star of the game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Yeah, and it's probably one of the only times you'll see a visiting player get a standing ovation when named 1st star too.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

No bandanas tonight 10s as Price shuts out your Nucks.

9-0-1 to start the season for Habs. The wonders Price + Webber can do.

Too hot.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The Rangers are a scary team.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:The Rangers are a scary team.

yes they are very douchy.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:No bandanas tonight 10s as Price shuts out your Nucks.

9-0-1 to start the season for Habs. The wonders Price + Webber can do.

Too hot.
I don't have an answer for these 'Nuckleheads. I thought they played a rather smart road game, they put on a ton of shots yet they just can't execute. Disheartening for sure, 40+ shots yet they can't even get one past Price.

As I was saying in the first week, it's going to be a long season for VAN as they can't seem to find the net on a regular basis.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I just home. Put on the NHL Network and saw this score scroll across the bottom of the screen

CBJ 10 MON 0

WTF?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:I just home. Put on the NHL Network and saw this score scroll across the bottom of the screen

CBJ 10 MON 0

WTF?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't go undeafeated forever. 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Watch and enjoy Claude Girioux's shootout goal vs Isles 2 nights ago. Its at the 30 second mark of the video. FILTHY.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Gotta See It: Domi ends Kesler with one punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbcJFWs ... ture=share

I bet dad is smirking..

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:Gotta See It: Domi ends Kesler with one punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbcJFWs ... ture=share

I bet dad is smirking..
He's got his dad's hook alright. Kes used to be my go to guy when he was wearing the Orca colors but his arrogance was too much to bear in the end.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

NICE. As a boxing fanatic, I respect that uppercut. It was a really tight, compact punch. You don't see that kind of proper technique very often in a hockey fight.

Domi knows what he's doing. The DNA strands are evident.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:NICE. As a boxing fanatic, I respect that uppercut. It was a really tight, compact punch. You don't see that kind of proper technique very often in a hockey fight.

Domi knows what he's doing. The DNA strands are evident.
Yeah.. I'm sure dad gave him some pointers. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I try to like the Leafs. Despite the different colours and subjective opinions, I always mentioned that I appreciate talent when I see it, especially with the upcoming Leafs skilled kids. TOR has a promising future, but when you are up 5-2 in the third and try to cheapshot not only Hansen but a couple of seconds later on D. Sedin in the same shift, you're going to draw blood.

Both dirty hits were blindsided.

Hansen took matters into himself getting an instigator. The Dane never fights. That shift alone changed the whole game. They were eight fights alone in the third, seven misconducts and a death threat. Yeah, when your team is struggling like the Canucks are, Gudbransdon pulled a Milan Lucic at the end of the game, telling M. Martin that he was a dead man.

What happened is that the tough guy jumped on a rookie that was as innocent as his young career, that even Ryan Miller jumped on the Leafs tough guy in trying protect Stetcher, the promising young D-man for VAN.

Both teams meet again in two weeks, it's not often that two teams that meet only twice a year draw this much hate, but the Leafs are just that. I hate them. The likes of Kadri, Martin, cheapshot artists at its best.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffVeillett ... 36/photo/1

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

And no discipline for Kadri. I guess they say he hit shoulder first, but i'm surprised there's nothing for the blindside hit/charge at the very least.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Gangrel wrote:And no discipline for Kadri. I guess they say he hit shoulder first, but i'm surprised there's nothing for the blindside hit/charge at the very least.
What a f-ing joke if Lebrun is correct. A repeat offender, there's an angle of the hit where his head is clearly targeted. A joke. What it means is that the tough guys in VAN will head hunt the likes of Kadri and Martin in 2 weeks since the league doesn't have the guts to discipline people that play dirty.
Last edited by 10spro on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Gangrel wrote:And no discipline for Kadri. I guess they say he hit shoulder first, but i'm surprised there's nothing for the blindside hit/charge at the very least.
What a f-ing joke if Lebrun is correct. A repeat offender, there's an angle of the hit where his head is clearly targeted. A joke.
It is a joke and always will be as long as that disgusting rat betmann is stealing oxygen from humans.

Nothing will ever change til a player dies on the ice.

f***in rat has always erred on the side of his fellow rats.

Disgusting.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:
What a f-ing joke if Lebrun is correct. A repeat offender, there's an angle of the hit where his head is clearly targeted. A joke.
It is a joke and always will be as long as that disgusting rat betmann is stealing oxygen from humans.

Nothing will ever change til a player dies on the ice.

f***in rat has always erred on the side of his fellow rats.

Disgusting.
Yeah, that's how I am feeling this morning. Just disgusted, cheated. Like how obvious is it for the league to try to help the #1 revenue generator for the NHL to make it to the playoffs this year? Not win the Cup, but to just make it to the dance. The huge Rogers contract, the Shanny connection with the top dogs in charge of discipline, no team makes more money for the league than the Leafs.

The intent was there, it was blindside, but hey it's just the Sedins right, Canucks are based in the west where they don't care that they'll be playing in their 5th back to back games tomorrow in under 13 games. Schedule is not an issue every year, it just gets worse. :evil: :roll: .

If Dorsett did the same thing to let's say A. Matthews, this is easily a 5 games suspension for VAN. No questions asked.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:If Dorsett did the same thing to let's say A. Matthews, this is easily a 5 games suspension for VAN. No questions asked.
BINGO.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For those that didn't see the brouhaha in TOR on Saturday, these two questionable hits in the same shift is what made the game that was all but over, turn into a fighting mess.

Glad Grapes agrees with me. Totally unnecessary blindside hit. People you don't understand hockey. 8)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/goes ... side-hits/

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

10spro wrote:For those that didn't see the brouhaha in TOR on Saturday, these two questionable hits in the same shift is what made the game that was all but over, turn into a fighting mess.

Glad Grapes agrees with me. Totally unnecessary blindside hit. People you don't understand hockey. 8)

Definitely a questionable hit, but there's nothing in the rules prohibiting blind side hits. The issue for whether the hit contravenes the rules then is whether the first point of contact was with the head. That's not clear - from one angle it looked like the head but from another angle it looked like shoulder and then head. I would have understood if they'd suspended Kadri but also can understand why they might not have felt it was conclusive enough to lower the boom.

By the way Grapes only agrees because it's Kadri who Grapes doesn't consider a 'Good Canadian Boy'. Did Grapes have anything to say about the other hit on the play - which too me looked almost as bad? It's along time Cherry was excluded from Hockey Night in Canada telecasts - he brings nothing to the table other than the tired, worn out hockey cliches and barely concealed bigotry.

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dougb wrote:
10spro wrote:For those that didn't see the brouhaha in TOR on Saturday, these two questionable hits in the same shift is what made the game that was all but over, turn into a fighting mess.

Definitely a questionable hit, but there's nothing in the rules prohibiting blind side hits. The issue for whether the hit contravenes the rules then is whether the first point of contact was with the head. That's not clear - from one angle it looked like the head but from another angle it looked like shoulder and then head. I would have understood if they'd suspended Kadri but also can understand why they might not have felt it was conclusive enough to lower the boom.

By the way Grapes only agrees because it's Kadri who Grapes doesn't consider a 'Good Canadian Boy'. Did Grapes have anything to say about the other hit on the play - which too me looked almost as bad? It's along time Cherry was excluded from Hockey Night in Canada telecasts - he brings nothing to the table other than the tired, worn out hockey cliches and barely concealed bigotry.

Doug
I don't think Grapes comments on the video has anything to do at all on how he feels personally about N. Kadri. In fact if your search for past videos, Cherry actually praises Kadri quite a bit.

To me it's crystal clear, what's he saying. The game is over, why make two questionable hits, one of which it involves the head. The hit on Hansen is not as publicly debated because it did not involve his head. Also blindside, also as bad and Cherry just questions the timing for those hits. We are not discussing here whether it was clean or not.

But the way he fell into the ice, the way his neck was whipped sideways was enough to send him back to VAN for re-evaluation.

You may not like how Grapes presents himself, and you're probably not the only one. But you can't question his knowledge and straight to your face talk is what makes 'Coaches Corner' click and will continue to be part of the HNIC tradition.

I disagree completely that he doesn't contribute much to the table.