NBA Season 2015-16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Season 2015-16

Post by Rodster »

Training camps opened on Tuesday and Hassan Whiteside was out with an injured calf. D-Rose is injured again, suffered an orbital fracture.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Season 2015-16

Post by pk500 »

I'm far from a Bulls' fan, but I feel for Rose. That dude is a damage magnet.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:I'm far from a Bulls' fan, but I feel for Rose. That dude is a damage magnet.
Don't feel for him, this injury will be his ticket to sitting out another year collecting big $$$ all while dreaming about his big payday coming in 2 years 8O I don't even like the NBA but reading the things he says around here I'm not sure how anyone could be a Rose fan.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Don't feel for him, this injury will be his ticket to sitting out another year collecting big $$$ all while dreaming about his big payday coming in 2 years 8O I don't even like the NBA but reading the things he says around here I'm not sure how anyone could be a Rose fan.
Whatever team shells out that money is absolutely insane.

As for the rest of the league, I actually think Miami, as I said last year after the Dragic trade, is going to be damn good and I think they'll come out of the East. In fact, they might even win it all, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they do. With Bosh going down as soon as the trade happened they didn't have a chance at all, so this year should be more fun w/ the additions (Amare!!!!). If they can limit Wade's minutes all year in preparation for the playoffs, which shouldn't be too hard in the crappy East, they can be a force.

And near as I can tell, no one is going to be able to knock off the Warriors in the West barring injury. The Clippers finally have a bench but they are a disaster franchise, so they might be able to if they get their heads out of their own asses, but I don't see that happening.

Heat in 7 over the Warriors.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Curious to see how The Mayor of Ames does as the head coach for the Bulls. I liked Thibs's fire but I think his approach doesn't fit the game today. Lucky that the Rose injury is probably just for a few weeks and not a knee injury, but at this point he can't be counted on. I'd love to see Niko Mirotic take the next step -- he's got a great mix of size, movement, and shooting ability, even if he has the European sense of defense. But I agree with DB, this seems like the Heat's conference to lose again.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote:Curious to see how The Mayor of Ames does as the head coach for the Bulls. I liked Thibs's fire but I think his approach doesn't fit the game today.
Well Chicago has a proven track record of firing winning coaches and performing well afterwards so... :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:And near as I can tell, no one is going to be able to knock off the Warriors in the West barring injury.
I would've thought you would have put the Spurs at No. 1 after the Aldridge signing. That's another scary team.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:And near as I can tell, no one is going to be able to knock off the Warriors in the West barring injury.
I would've thought you would have put the Spurs at No. 1 after the Aldridge signing. That's another scary team.
Never was a giant Aldrige fan (tho if he chose the Suns I would have learned to be). And the Spurs are just too old.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
I think it will take time for Aldridge to adapt to Pop's system and just be a cog in the machine instead of one of the quasi "Big Three" in Portland, along with Lillard and Matthews. I also think the balance of playing time between Aldridge and Duncan will be awkward at times for Aldridge this season.

Agree with DB: The Warriors are the team to beat in the West, and overall.

I don't put as much stock in the Heat as others. I don't see Wade or Bosh staying healthy long enough, even with reduced minutes. Cleveland still looks very tough, with Miami a close second in the East.

Can't wait for the season to start! :D
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:
Brando70 wrote:Curious to see how The Mayor of Ames does as the head coach for the Bulls. I liked Thibs's fire but I think his approach doesn't fit the game today.
Well Chicago has a proven track record of firing winning coaches and performing well afterwards so... :D
He really started getting outcoached last year. I love what he did and hope he succeeds elsewhere, but he screwed up very badly during the playoffs, especially against the Cavs. There were too many head-scratching losses last year, too. Given the injuries the Cavs had and the talent the Bulls had, they should have gotten past Cleveland, and I think a lot of that loss rests on Thibs's coaching during that series.

I have no idea if Hoiberg will be a successful NBA coach, but in today's league, I think looking for an offensive-minded coach is the right move, especially for a team like the Bulls that now have a fair amount of offensive weapons in Butler, Gasol, Mirotic, and (when healthy) Rose.

I also would like to see how Bobby Portis develops for the Bulls. They have a loaded frontcourt and a cap-friendly contract in Taj Gibson, so I'd like to see if they could move him for a wing or reliable backup PG.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Dolphins have turned me into a Heat's fan. Can't wait for the season to start !

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Looking forward to my 2015-16 Hawks. The addition of Splitter gives them an almost legit center and some much needed size. Losing Demare Carrol will hurt. Jeff Teague should continue to improve. Horford is still my favorite NBA player and I hope he sees lots of time at the 4 spot with Splitter at the 5. I think the Hawks will have another great regular season but will have challenges in the playoffs once again. Maybe this is the year we make it to the conference finals?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Idk how this will affect the Warriors but Steve Kerr is out indefinitely because of several back surgeries and Luke Walton has replaced him in the interim.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Rodster wrote:Idk how this will affect the Warriors but Steve Kerr is out indefinitely because of several back surgeries and Luke Walton has replaced him in the interim.
With that roster, probably not much. Maybe if Issiah Thomas was stepping in to coach. :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:Idk how this will affect the Warriors but Steve Kerr is out indefinitely because of several back surgeries and Luke Walton has replaced him in the interim.
I immediately thought, "What about Alvin Gentry?" I forgot he got the Pelicans' head coaching job.

Hell, even Derek "Deer in Headlights" Fisher could win 50 games coaching that roster.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My Sixers got new unis this year so look out! 30 wins!!!

Ok maybe 25.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I caught a bit of the Euro Cup they had last month.

Why was Mirotic playing for Spain?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I couldn't see Pat Riley or Mickey Arison putting up with this crap. I read Bron Bron was calling the shots in Cleveland but I had no idea it was this bad. :P

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... -cleveland

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Did Bron make the Cavs give Tristan Thompson an $80 million contract?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:Did Bron make the Cavs give Tristan Thompson an $80 million contract?
I think you are missing the point of the article. LeBron doesn't care who writes the check and for how much as long as he gets the players he wants. Your question can be applied to Love, Smith, Shumpert, Jones etc. And i'd say it's pretty much payback to the owner on being cheap and refusing to build a team around Lebron when he was drafted by Cleveland. The Cavs are definitely paying more than Miami in luxury taxes and the NBA just piles on if your team is a repeat offender.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:Did Bron make the Cavs give Tristan Thompson an $80 million contract?
They share the same agent, Rich Paul. So yes, LeBron had a lot of sway over this deal.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sixers open up vs Boston tomorrow night. Over under on Sixer wins...20. I say over...but not by much. Oddly enough I am excited to watch Noel's development and if Okafor is for real. Hey, I'm a Sixers fan - its what I do.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

If Noel's effective shooting range extends past the length of his arm, Sixers' fans can consider that as development.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A couple of upsets to start off the season. Bulls over the Cavs and Detroit over the Hawks.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Are those really upsets? Kyrie is out and Bulls were playing at home.

And Hawks are not going to have the same kind of season as last year. Did Korver even play for them tonite?