Batman: Arkham Knight

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Batman: Arkham Knight

Post by 10spro »

First time ever playing Batman. And so far, I am loving the story, not to mention the cool gadgets, explosions and evil characters. Love driving the Batmobile. Visually the game just shines, this on the PS4. Getting some good reviews too.

http://www.polygon.com/game/batman-arkham-knight/36564
Last edited by 10spro on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

Post by 10spro »

Haa, same game thread starting at the same time.
Last edited by 10spro on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am interested in my Dark Knight heart.

Waiting to see if this one has legs. As in if people play through the game or just put it away after the new game shine wears off.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:I am interested in my Dark Knight heart.

Waiting to see if this one has legs. As in if people play through the game or just put it away after the new game shine wears off.
We'll see. Story wise so far I know I will be hooked, originally I thought it was about button smashes but there's more to that.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:I am interested in my Dark Knight heart.

We'll see. Story wise so far I know I will be hooked, originally I thought it was about button smashes but there's more to that.
Love to read that.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

10spro wrote:Haa, same game thread starting at the same time.
Great minds think alike. :D

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Just ordered via XB1.. will get some time in with it this weekend.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

My GF couldn't help herself and bought it for PC even though she's barely into the Witcher 3 right now. Free game for me! For what it's worth, it seems to run fine on my PC although we haven't played all that much yet. She says there are slight hiccups when in the bat mobile but not enough to take away from the gameplay. Hopefully they'll have a patch out soon. I'll start playing once I finish a couple adventure games I bought during the Steam summer sale.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Early impressions: The game looks amazing (xb1). The fighting which was already a strong point, feels and animates even better. Driving the batmobile through Gotham is a blast. But I am not a fan of the bat-tank vehicle combat, which I hope will be mostly relegated to side missions or challenges.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It seems to open up more mechanics as you go. I don't mind the tank stuff, and using it as a remote in some fights is pretty fun. I LOVE the new fear takedowns, where it's sort of like a breach and clear slow-mo event...but using it to clear an unsuspecting room of thugs while they start to fire bullets is pretty cool. Like an evolution of the Max Payne system from years ago.

It feels unmistakably Batman-ish, so that's good. And they seem to have evolved the combat systems enough that it didn't bore me within an hour, like Arkham Origins did. On PS4, it's gorgeous and easy to navigate, so I've had a good time with it so far.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Yeah, I didn't mind the Bat-tank feature, I thought it was pretty cool how you can glide around the Batmobile to avoid shots while shooting at the same time. The fear takedown took me a bit to get use to as timing is crucial to taking down a bunch of baddies but that's what those challenges are there for, where you can practice on your timing.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

If you get from bb they should give you a free batman controller skin. Don't leave the store without it. It's part if the deal.

I think I'll pick it up on ps4. They offer the scarecrow pack included which xb gets in sept. Also ps4 is lonely and needs some games.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

got this one and all the codes last night. not bad so far, but does the day ever change or is perpetual night for the entire game?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Considering the entire story is based on one night, from what I can tell...I doubt it.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:If you get from bb they should give you a free batman controller skin. Don't leave the store without it. It's part if the deal.

I think I'll pick it up on ps4. They offer the scarecrow pack included which xb gets in sept. Also ps4 is lonely and needs some games.
ImageImage

WTF??? Do people actually buy these things?

I think I'll pass.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Is it me or some of these challenges are just impossible to complete?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

No it's not just you.

I've been stuck on that bat mobile challage forever.

It's really sucking right now. This is why I play sports games :)

Ya the skins are ok but they're free and I'll sell them on eBay. Doing PK gaming math if I sell the skin for $10 then my batman game only cost me $32.

Added - I guess you can bypass the challenge. Tool me an hour to figure that out. Back to story mode.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

What challenge? I haven't run into any yet that I thought were crazy. The bat mobile ones got so much easier when I realized I could one shot everything in the turret. The racing ones can be a little tough though.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:What challenge? I haven't run into any yet that I thought were crazy. The bat mobile ones got so much easier when I realized I could one shot everything in the turret. The racing ones can be a little tough though.
In all fairness. You are by the far the best gamer any of us has ever met. :wink:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:What challenge? I haven't run into any yet that I thought were crazy. The bat mobile ones got so much easier when I realized I could one shot everything in the turret. The racing ones can be a little tough though.
The ones that gives you extra XP's to your Batman character. Particularly the one that you glide thru four clouds as in GTA V and then you have to hang gliding for another 60 seconds. Gliding thru is fine, the hanging part is practically impossible. To my standards anyhow...

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Been a few hours in and this game suddenly became kick ass.

Best next gen game thus far. The whole package.

I'm going to savor every moment. Even the kids are enjoying just watching.

If you liked city you'll live this. So far same gameplay and puzzles.

Great story as well. Lot of surprises.

Tcrouch- I guess your just better than us at these games. :).

I'm struggling with challenges as well. Maybe theyre for the younger kids.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

They have shut down sales of the PC version apparently.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

10spro wrote:The ones that gives you extra XP's to your Batman character. Particularly the one that you glide thru four clouds as in GTA V and then you have to hang gliding for another 60 seconds. Gliding thru is fine, the hanging part is practically impossible. To my standards anyhow...
Is that an early one? Or is that later in the game? I did one gliding challenge, but it was as simple as using the R1 and X X X to power boost. If the goal was just to avoid touching the ground for 60 seconds, the grappling hook doesn't count as touching the ground. Just find a high point and boost off of it, it shouldn't give you much trouble.

If it's a further one and I haven't seen it yet, the ones that require you to glide without grappling can be tricky, for sure. Using the divebomb to gather speed and then altitude is a tough juggling act. Keeping all of that up for 60 seconds with buildings around could be tough, I'm sure. I haven't seen one like that, yet.
Inuyasha wrote:Tcrouch- I guess your just better than us at these games. :).

I'm struggling with challenges as well. Maybe theyre for the younger kids.
I don't think so. Most of the time, it's a misunderstanding of the things you can do in the challenges. There are some in previous games where they have you dive bombing and pulling out of it and going through sewer tunnels and crap, and those were pretty nutty. But if we're all still pretty early in the game, it could be as simple as not knowing what's 'allowed' in a challenge, or the trick to beating it.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

10spro wrote:
The ones that gives you extra XP's to your Batman character. Particularly the one that you glide thru four clouds as in GTA V and then you have to hang gliding for another 60 seconds. Gliding thru is fine, the hanging part is practically impossible. To my standards anyhow...
Did that one my first time. How are trying to do it? Are you dive bombing to gain speed then pulling up again? Also can grapple then do the triple "A" tap to propel you thru the air. Is pretty easy if you understand the mechanics.

Best Batman game yet imo. They really make you feel like you are the Batman in this one. Great stuff. Fighting and movements are much improved and smoother. I don't mind the bat mobile stuff so far, but am only like 10% in.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL