Call Of Duty: AW

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Call Of Duty: AW

Post by 10spro »

Anyone getting Advanced Warfare? The campaign mode looked amazing as I played a bit while the game was still downloading. Saw some online modes where there was a lot of Titanfall features in the online game and that alone got me interested. I bought the Xbox version hoping for some Live carnage. :twisted:

There's hope for those that suck. :lol:

http://kotaku.com/a-haven-for-horrible- ... 1654115681

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Call Of Duty: AW

Post by Aristo »

My interest is piqued. I'm not much of a CoD fan at all, but the ads have seemed fun, and the reviews are off the charts.

When I speculated that Titanfall want on sale to grab some sales before the MCC hit, I forgot about the beast that CoD is, and that Titanfall is much closer to CoD that than Halo. And with a futuristic setting and gadgety gameplay, this is the perfect game to move on from if players are getting burned out on Titanfall.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I played the first mission and a half of the campaign at lunch and it felt very CoD-like in some ways (scripted missions), but the gameplay was different enough that I'm eager to dive back into it after work. A buddy is picking it up, too, so this may be the first one I've tried multiplayer in in probably a couple of years.

The early abilities they give you to slow your descent down a jump off of any obstacle, hovering across gaps, and boost jumps are cool--very similar to a Titanfall type of game. The threat grenades and those "smart" grenades are fun, but not sure how they work in multiplayer. That would suck to have a heat-seeking grenade you just throw up into the air with no risk involved.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I don't think the smart grenades are in mp. I played a few rounds and didn't see any. Instead of throwing grenades though, you have a wrist launcher. Nice animation, same effect. The verticality does give it a new feel, some maps more so than others. I recorded one clip where I used the boost jump to cap a control point.

I'd like to give the four man coop a try (XB1)
Last edited by Pete1210 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

No, just NO. :D

I will not now or never be pulled into another COD game. Enjoy people but I'm not doing it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Danimal wrote:No, just NO. :D

I will not now or never be pulled into another COD game. Enjoy people but I'm not doing it.
I feel the same. I have watched some videos as well and I just don't see anything that looks different to me. I'm sure it's cool, just not feeling it personally.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Every progressive COD release is less and less appealing to me.

I only play MP, and the addition of more and more super-soldier tech pretty much kills any lingering interest I had the series. For me, the appeal of the MW series was that it was fast-paced yet vaguely realistic combat. No sci-fi stuff with aliens or lasers, but also not punishing realism of other modern war shooters. Unfortunately, every subsequent game in this series has been more and more tech in killstreaks and soldier tools. When I see soldiers flying around in jetpacks, I'm out.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:No, just NO. :D

Agree. I'm having too much fun with Titanfall, BF 4, Destiny and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. I have more than enough shooters to keep me busy.

COD, like Halo, becomes far too much of a twitch-fest online for these 49-year-old reflexes.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'm back in the TitanFall camp so COD AW is a no.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I skipped the last 2 (?) COD games - Black Ops 2 and Ghosts. I am interested in this one but there are just too many games right now and just around the corner. Will probably pick this up early next year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So far the futuristic tale of this military campaign is quite engaging and interesting to follow as they did a great job with Kevin Spacey pulling the strings for Atlas. From the EXO suit to the cool mosquito size cameras, the spy drones, and magnetic gloves that makes you climb like Spiderman, there's enough cool gadgets that keeps you immersed in the story even though the shooting mechanism will always be and undoubtedly feel like a CoD FPS. At times I feel like James Bond in a mech suit as the double jumps definitely have a Titanfall feel to it.

The animations of the characters and explosions are amazing to experience but of course the main beef of this game are the online modes.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I've played every COD. IMO they are mostly tops in no nonsense FPS campaign games. And I have a couple of friends who never get tired of COD multiplayer, so I can still have some fun online with this. The Momentum game mode (back from COD 3) was just nuts with everyone converging on the same point.

I like the new mobility additions to the game. Its the biggest change up in the series since COD:MW.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Story wise, this is probably the best campaign mode since BO2. Here's Conan at it. 8)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

That was hilarious.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Teal wrote:That was hilarious.
I have tears.. that was awesome.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

The campaign this time actually has a well presented story which is somewhat interesting so far. Mega weapons manufacturer run by Kevin Spacey becoming the worlds super power. The FPS action is top notch. I like the new threat grenades (highlight enemies) and smart grenades (enemy seeking).

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Naples39 wrote:Every progressive COD release is less and less appealing to me.

I only play MP, and the addition of more and more super-soldier tech pretty much kills any lingering interest I had the series. For me, the appeal of the MW series was that it was fast-paced yet vaguely realistic combat. No sci-fi stuff with aliens or lasers, but also not punishing realism of other modern war shooters. Unfortunately, every subsequent game in this series has been more and more tech in killstreaks and soldier tools. When I see soldiers flying around in jetpacks, I'm out.
I am the same way, Naples. I didn't mind some of the killstreaks when they were reasonable (airstrikes, cruise missiles, even the dogs). Shooters with sci-fi elements have never appealed to me as MP games.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Brando70 wrote:

I am the same way, Naples. I didn't mind some of the killstreaks when they were reasonable (airstrikes, cruise missiles, even the dogs). Shooters with sci-fi elements have never appealed to me as MP games.
This. I'm just not into military-style games having a bunch of sci-fi elements to them. I don't mind the occasional Halo, or Destiny, or what have you, but when I'm supposed to be playing as anything military in the "modern era", I just cringe at the futuristicy stuff they try to throw in. Even in the last GR, with that big walking tank thing. Just silly to me...even if it's tech in actual research.

That's one big reason (the twitchy MP is another) why I haven't played a COD game since MW3. Just not feeling it any more.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

It's been the same way for me, but after playing COD:AW I was surprised that the MP is fun again. Most games anyway. I still have some frustrating matches when I can't hit a thing and its just die/spawn repeat
Naples39 wrote:I only play MP, and the addition of more and more super-soldier tech pretty much kills any lingering interest I had the series. For me, the appeal of the MW series was that it was fast-paced yet vaguely realistic combat. No sci-fi stuff with aliens or lasers, but also not punishing realism of other modern war shooters. Unfortunately, every subsequent game in this series has been more and more tech in killstreaks and soldier tools. When I see soldiers flying around in jetpacks, I'm out.
COD:AW MP doesn't feel any more futuristic than past CODs. There are a a couple of laser rifles you could equip, but they are very rarely used in MP (and I have been playing quite a bit the past week). The jet pack is just a jump boost to get you to on or over rooftops and ridges. Adds more verticality to the combat and maps were well designed for this.

They really toned down the death from above kill streaks, which in past games drove me crazy. Now its about once every 3 or so matches I notice this, instead of multiple times every match like some of the prior CODs.

If you never liked COD this game wont change your mind. If you liked COD but were burnt out on the series, COD:AW could bring you back around.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Pete1210 wrote:
It's been the same way for me, but after playing COD:AW I was surprised that the MP is fun again. Most games anyway. I still have some frustrating matches when I can't hit a thing and its just die/spawn repeat
Naples39 wrote:I only play MP, and the addition of more and more super-soldier tech pretty much kills any lingering interest I had the series. For me, the appeal of the MW series was that it was fast-paced yet vaguely realistic combat. No sci-fi stuff with aliens or lasers, but also not punishing realism of other modern war shooters. Unfortunately, every subsequent game in this series has been more and more tech in killstreaks and soldier tools. When I see soldiers flying around in jetpacks, I'm out.
COD:AW MP doesn't feel any more futuristic than past CODs. There are a a couple of laser rifles you could equip, but they are very rarely used in MP (and I have been playing quite a bit the past week). The jet pack is just a jump boost to get you to on or over rooftops and ridges. Adds more verticality to the combat and maps were well designed for this.

They really toned down the death from above kill streaks, which in past games drove me crazy. Now its about once every 3 or so matches I notice this, instead of multiple times every match like some of the prior CODs.

If you never liked COD this game wont change your mind. If you liked COD but were burnt out on the series, COD:AW could bring you back around.
While I prefer the theme to be realistic combat, I can swallow just about anything for good gameplay. My biggest gameplay concern was player movement. What really concerned me was what I heard about jetpack jumping and hopping around the field with exo assisted evasive maneuvers.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;