It's Hockey Night- Season 14-15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: It's Hockey Night- Season 14-15

Post by XXXIV »

fletcher21 wrote:Rangers are timeless. Best uniforms,
NOT EVEN f***in CLOSE!!!! SO f***in UGLY!!!!

Best player in the NHL wearing the best uniform.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Maybe last chance to enjoy...So I will. All from the hf boards.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's never good news when you see a player fall down the way Roszival did, and you can bet that he won't be back any time soon. We'll see how the Hawks respond with his absence as they are usually pretty stingy protecting a lead going into a third period.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:It's never good news when you see a player fall down the way Roszival did, and you can bet that he won't be back any time soon. We'll see how the Hawks respond with his absence as they are usually pretty stingy protecting a lead going into a third period.
Yeah that did not look good. On the bright side he is their worst defenseman so their biggest problem is the minutes and not the ability.

For some comedy relief...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Looking for my broom...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

What an alley-hoop pass from Hjalmarsson.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:What an alley-hoop pass from Hjalmarsson.
yeah but trust me no one in Chicago gives a f***. :wink:

After two games straight...I am so f***in tired.

Win #4 is always or should always be the hardest as the Lightning found out and the Hawks in the end just barely fought of.

I LOVE PLAYOFF HOCKEY!

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Wild have suter and Parise signed thru 2025.. what is it with minnesota sports teams and their awful contracts?

Typical gutless minnesota performance tonight. It was hilarious how the fans started pouring out of the stadium, only to rush back to their seats when the wild cut it to 1. Almost as pathetic as the Miami Heat fans who left the stadium then were denied re-entry and freaked out a few years back.

Anaheim Chicago will be a 7 game series. If Crawford plays like he did against the wild then hawks will win. If he suddenly remembers that he is indeed still Corey Crawford, I like the ducks.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

XXXIV wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:Rangers are timeless. Best uniforms,
NOT EVEN f***in CLOSE!!!! SO f***in UGLY!!!!

Best player in the NHL wearing the best uniform.

Towes isn't even the best player on his own team, let alone the entire league.

Chicago is nice, but if you ask someone in Europe or Canada who the premier American team is, it's the NY rangers. Madison Square Garden is a top 10 entertainment facility in the world.

Btw, why were all the original rinks named gardens? Maple leaf gardens, Boston garden, Madison Square Garden.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

fletcher21 wrote: Towes isn't even the best player on his own team, let alone the entire league.
That's a pretty indefensible statement, right there.

I love Kane. I haven't been as taken with a player since Al Secord hung up his skates. But Toews is the best hockey player on that squad by any reasonable measure. On his night, Hossa can be as good everywhere on the ice, but at age 50 he has to pick his spots. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
fletcher21 wrote: Towes isn't even the best player on his own team, let alone the entire league.

I love Kane. I haven't been as taken with a player since Al Secord hung up his skates. But Toews is the best hockey player on that squad by any reasonable measure. On his night, Hossa can be as good everywhere on the ice, but at age 50 he has to pick his spots. :)
fletcher21 wrote:Wild have suter and Parise signed thru 2025.. what is it with minnesota sports teams and their awful contracts?
There is watching hockey and then there is watching hockey. Parise is a hell of a player. There is a big reason that he was not the same Parise this series.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=766672

Then there is watching hockey over the last seven years. If I am starting a team, I take Toews over any player in the NHL and I dont even think twice about it.

These guys debate some Toews Crosby. No way for me on Crosby.
http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/to ... ayer-peers
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toew ... y-for-now/
http://alongtheboards.com/2014/12/toews ... nhls-best/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fletcher21 wrote:Madison Square Garden is a top 10 entertainment facility in the world.
As someone who has attended many events in MSG this is out loud laughable. Maybe 20 year ago it was in the top 10, now it's like Wrigley Field a s*** hole living on reputation.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Danimal wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:Madison Square Garden is a top 10 entertainment facility in the world.
As someone who has attended many events in MSG this is out loud laughable. Maybe 20 year ago it was in the top 10, now it's like Wrigley Field a s*** hole living on reputation.
Except Wrigley is at least beautiful to look at. MSG is a hideous building. Always has been. It's living on the reputation of previous buildings that were torn down long ago.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

LAking wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Except Wrigley is at least beautiful to look at. MSG is a hideous building. Always has been. It's living on the reputation of previous buildings that were torn down long ago.
To be fair, MSG just completed a 3-year, $1 billion renovation. I can only assume it's significantly upgraded in there now.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

RobVarak wrote:

And thank the heavens we have all three here in Chicago. Toews is the heart and soul and Kane is the lethal weapon. The core that has been together through all of this success blows my mind. Keith, Seabs, and Hjalms are huge to them. Keith gets all of the recognition but IMO Hjalms does so many of the little things and throws his body in front of shots so well and largely goes unrecognized. And Hoss is just a freak of nature. His agility and skill are mind-blowing at times and I've never seen a guy that can possess a puck in tight quarters quite like he can. I was very nervous going into the Wild series but the Hawks seem to be hitting their stride at the right time.

I will never understand the scrutiny Crawford receives and I don't get all of the hate for the guy, especially in these parts. The guy is a hell of a goaltender.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Naples39 wrote: To be fair, MSG just completed a 3-year, $1 billion renovation. I can only assume it's significantly upgraded in there now.
I'll admit it had probably been 3 or 4 years since I was there. I think they were just getting ready to start that. I grew up in CT so I went there for all sorts of sporting and other events. I hated that place with a passion.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ScoopBrady wrote:
RobVarak wrote:

And thank the heavens we have all three here in Chicago. Toews is the heart and soul and Kane is the lethal weapon. The core that has been together through all of this success blows my mind. Keith, Seabs, and Hjalms are huge to them. Keith gets all of the recognition but IMO Hjalms does so many of the little things and throws his body in front of shots so well and largely goes unrecognized. And Hoss is just a freak of nature. His agility and skill are mind-blowing at times and I've never seen a guy that can possess a puck in tight quarters quite like he can. I was very nervous going into the Wild series but the Hawks seem to be hitting their stride at the right time.

I will never understand the scrutiny Crawford receives and I don't get all of the hate for the guy, especially in these parts. The guy is a hell of a goaltender.
Ever since Crawford got plugged back in he has been great.
People just pick on the goalies. They are the easy target. I was always blasting Price before last year. When I saw the light.

Hawks fans are truly blessed with some great players. At the very least Toews Kane Hossa Keith are HOFers.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Quack...quack...quack

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

ScoopBrady wrote:
RobVarak wrote:

Crawford has won a cup, so he does deserve some credit. I really feel Chicago wins in spite of him, not because of him. He's not a rock like ryan miller, quick, price or lundqvist. Brad Johnson and Trent dilfer have won super bowls. Their teams son in spite of them, not directly because of them. Chicago has the best players, best offensive defenseman and one of the best coaches. Most goalies will thrive in that environment.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

fletcher21 wrote: Crawford has won a cup, so he does deserve some credit. I really feel Chicago wins in spite of him, not because of him. He's not a rock like ryan miller, quick, price or lundqvist. Brad Johnson and Trent dilfer have won super bowls. Their teams son in spite of them, not directly because of them. Chicago has the best players, best offensive defenseman and one of the best coaches. Most goalies will thrive in that environment.
But they have a lack in depth of actual defensive defensmen as well as a penchant for being very prone to turnovers in their defensive zone. Maybe that kind of environment you mentioned will help produce a better winning percentage but it will not help with the gaa or save %. His numbers are very solid since becoming the starting goalie.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Ryan Miller a rock? what year are we talking about here.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Ryan Miller a rock? what year are we talking about here.
I haven't seen him much this year cause he was mostly injured, you?

Regarding the Hawks. I pretty much watched all the playoffs games so far. Hey I only live in Canada. But for the first rounder Toews and Kane were instrumental in beating the Preds while I would give the kudos to Crawford and Hjalmarsson for the dismantling of the Wild.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I think he is talking about the 2010 Olympics?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:I think he is talking about the 2010 Olympics?
Ah, when Luongo won the Gold.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:I think he is talking about the 2010 Olympics?
Ah, when Luongo won the Gold.
I remember that. 8)