The Last of Us

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Sudz »

BEST GAME EVER (non-sports) on the PS3. Getting it for the PS4, just gives me a reason to play through it again.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Going to pick up this game tonight. Played an hour or so of the PS3 version and was very impressed with the story, pacing, and visuals. Looking forward to playing with the gold headset and getting immersed in the action.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Going to pick up this game tonight. Played an hour or so of the PS3 version and was very impressed with the story, pacing, and visuals. Looking forward to playing with the gold headset and getting immersed in the action.
I was playing with my XB1 headset on (yes they work with PS4) and it was pretty damn awesome. Looking forward to playing later.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:BEST GAME EVER (non-sports) on the PS3. Getting it for the PS4, just gives me a reason to play through it again.
Absolutely. Just finished playing the extra content 'Left Behind', no other game story has you so griped as the one that stars Joel with Ellie. Her relation with Riley is equally intriguing and emotional and while the story was a bit on the short side, it was equally as exciting and gripping as the main story.

You just feel like you're immersed in a movie while playing Last of Us.

Gong back to original story tonight, look forward to it

Minor gripe from Naughty Dog, there's gotta be a better way to get that extra life than pressing up and R-2 together while you're fighting for your life.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Remastered is...whoa. Only played about an hour of the first release (and my PS3 broke, so just sold the game) and now I'm about an hour and a half into Remastered and I can't wait to play more. Super smooth, great draw distance and the controls seemed to be cleaned up a bit (or the PS4 dual shock is that much better). I use my V-MODA M100s through my receiver for audio, especially for games like this and damn if it doesn't just freak me out to hear a bag blowing in the distance or a baby crying through a window. eeeeesh.

So if you haven't played it already, you def. need to pick up Remastered.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Just finished the remastered version after sitting on the PS3 version for months and, wow, what a gut-churning ride.

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said in this thread, but kudos to Naughty Dog on crafting a pair of engaging performances in Joel and Ellie. The action and set pieces were great and the plot impressive enough with some interesting twists and character development.

I realized Zeppo's dilemma with respect to the last level and *MAJOR SPOILERS* the fact that Joel was, essentially, the bad guy at the end. Reinforcing the struggle that the fireflies had endured, by way of the journals and recordings, and the difficulty with which Marlene'd come to weigh the sacrifice of Ellie against the greater good. And Joel's cold murder of her in order to protect Ellie. And the fact that Joel knows he needs to lie to Ellie to make her ok with him taking her away from the fireflies. That he has probably already lied to himself the same way, partly called out in his admonition to "find something to survive for". That's not to say he's a monster of course, and the way the action part of the story ends with him fleeing with Ellie in his arms called back to his own origin story. And the triumph of the game, to me, was that the game got *me* to feel that way to, at least while battling through the hospital... Ellie was worth saving. Ellie was, at that point, Joel's daughter for all intents and paternal purposes. Let mankind find its hope in another. Really, remarkably acted and paced.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Anybody watching the HBO series?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:19 pm
Heck yeah! It’s sooo good. A must watch.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:43 pm
Sudz wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:19 pm
Heck yeah! It’s sooo good. A must watch.
First two episodes have been outstanding. Better than expected.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah.. I'm jealous I haven't been able to play the game since it's only on PS but DAMN the series is OUTSTANDING, I've really enjoyed the first two episodes.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Anybody playing the Remaster on the PS5?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:57 am
I’ll download it to take a look.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:57 am
I’ll download it to take a look.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25