A blessing and a curse from Codemasters

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

A blessing and a curse from Codemasters

Post by pk500 »

Codemasters has decided to concentrate solely on racing games in the future:

http://www.virtualr.net/codemasters-to- ... ng-efforts

Great news for fans of the F1 and DIRT series for consoles and PC's. Count me as one of them.

Bad news for fans of the Operation Flashpoint series for consoles and PC's. Count me as one of them.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: A blessing and a curse from Codemasters

Post by Teal »

Well, we still have two great Flashpoint games, and speaking of which, it's high time we threw those discs into the drive for some co-op action... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

From a business perspective it makes sense to me. Red River didn't sell all that well. Globally it moved under 500,000 copies between PC, 360 and PS3 formats. Between 2001 - 2011 all Flashpoint titles across consoles and pc have moved only 2.2 million. F1 2011 sold 950,000 copies on the PS3 and another 540,000 on the 360. The 2010 version of F1 moved 2 million copies between the 360 and PS3. Dirt - Dirt 3 sold 5 million copies on consoles.

Yes, this does leave a gap in the ultra realistic, pucker inducing combat genre and hopefully someone will step to the plate.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:Well, we still have two great Flashpoint games, and speaking of which, it's high time we threw those discs into the drive for some co-op action... :D
Damn straight!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

FifaInspected wrote:From a business perspective it makes sense to me. Red River didn't sell all that well. Globally it moved under 500,000 copies between PC, 360 and PS3 formats. Between 2001 - 2011 all Flashpoint titles across consoles and pc have moved only 2.2 million. F1 2011 sold 950,000 copies on the PS3 and another 540,000 on the 360. The 2010 version of F1 moved 2 million copies between the 360 and PS3. Dirt - Dirt 3 sold 5 million copies on consoles.

Yes, this does leave a gap in the ultra realistic, pucker inducing combat genre and hopefully someone will step to the plate.
If CM would throw in some MP into there games I bet they would have moved a TON more units!! Love the CO-OP on that game. I always enjoy the slow very tactical games they made with Flashpoint DR and Red River.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

orthostud23 wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:From a business perspective it makes sense to me. Red River didn't sell all that well. Globally it moved under 500,000 copies between PC, 360 and PS3 formats. Between 2001 - 2011 all Flashpoint titles across consoles and pc have moved only 2.2 million. F1 2011 sold 950,000 copies on the PS3 and another 540,000 on the 360. The 2010 version of F1 moved 2 million copies between the 360 and PS3. Dirt - Dirt 3 sold 5 million copies on consoles.

If CM would throw in some MP into there games I bet they would have moved a TON more units!! Love the CO-OP on that game. I always enjoy the slow very tactical games they made with Flashpoint DR and Red River.
Dude:

You should join Teal, danimal, Diablo25 and I sometime for some OFP:RR co-op. Fantastic fun.

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

When OF:RR came out me and 3 other guys Red Box'd it for 2 weekends straight to play through the game. It was an awesome CO-OP!!

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I have been tempted to pick this up if I can find it cheap.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gurantsu wrote:I have been tempted to pick this up if I can find it cheap.
Well worth it, man. Best military sim available on a console.