XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Diablo25 »

I know the Xbox One X is more powerful than the PS4 but damn does the 4 pump out some serious graphics. This is the DLC from Uncharted 4. Incredible scenery.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

pk500 wrote:Took the plunge on Xbox Game Pass for $1 during the special this month.

Two games so far have surprised me so far with their fun factor:

1. Casey Powell Lacrosse 16. I live in Central New York, the cradle of lacrosse. The sport is BIG up here. And this game does a very good job of delivering a realistic lax game, even without any licensed college or pro teams.

2. theHunter: Call of the Wild.
So funny. There's a " dovetail euro fishing game" I would have never played in a million years until Game Pass. Out of the 5 games or so I've downloaded, I've played this goofy fishing game more than any of them. It's no 'Sega Fishing' or anything, but I'm finding it fun and relaxing. GO figure. The hunting game is next on the list (I neither hunt nor fish). Game Pass has already paid for itself IMO.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Holy guacamole! Played the hunter online with PK tonight for like three hours, and it's a complete blast! This is, hands down, the most beautiful and realistic hunting game I've ever played. I mean the vistas are simply gorgeous. The sound is gorgeous. The gameplay is tense, exciting, and oh, so rewarding when you land that rare heart shot for an instant down (only happened to me once, but tracking a wounded animal is also fun). Having a compatriot join in takes it to a whole nother level. No music in gameplay, which makes it awesome to hear your partner fire a rifle shot way in the distance then get on your four wheeler and ride to help him track his trophy. Damn, I don't think I've ever gushed over a hunting game before! I love the things, but this one is in a league of it's own. Bill, I can see you playing this with us. It's gotta be eye bleeding on the 1X...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I downloaded theHunter game as well and it is definitely beautiful! I'm not a hunter either, but it is definitely gives me appreciation for those that do. I certainly don't have the patience to hunt in real life. The Dovetail Euro Fishing game is also fun to play. Like hunting, I don't have the patience to fish IRL either. :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

theHunter just keeps getting better and better. I thought Deer Hunter 2005 on the PC was the holy grail of hunting games, as I've played a lot of them even though I don't hunt.

But theHunter crushes it. In every way. When Teal and I have no idea how long we have been playing online together (it was three hours), it's a good game. When a longtime real hunter like Teal says, "Hot damn, this is just like hunting," it's a good game.

And Jesus H, is this game gorgeous. I have an OG Xbox One with a 720p plasma TV, and this game's visuals stun me with their beauty. I can't imagine how they look with an XB1X on a 4K HDR TV, as this game is XB1X enhanced. The audio also is breathtaking. I spend some time in the woods, both here at home and at our camp in the Adirondack Mountains, and the wind, bird, insect and animal noises are spot-on.

theHunter is one of the most pleasant surprises in gaming I can recall in a long time. A wonderful game, with two HUGE open worlds to hunt. Like Teal, it's almost a lock I'll be the third open world as DLC.

What a game. What a surprise. This hobby never stops giving and delighting.

Sorry again for stealing your moose last night, Teal! :) I think you paid me back later in the hunt by capping that one moose, which we tracked seemingly for 5 miles, that I had in my sights. :)

P.S. to Gregg: I have started Euro Fishing, and it's fun, too. But theHunter is on a whole different level of beauty and fun.
Last edited by pk500 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I'm just waiting on that bass fishing game that is on the same level as this. I would be happy with a remastered Pure Fishing Challenge.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote: Sorry again for stealing your moose last night, Teal! :) I think you paid me back later in the hunt by capping that one moose, which we tracked seemingly for 5 miles, that I had in my sights. :)

LOL, no worries. We made it right. For those wondering, I shot a cow moose that we had to track for a bit, I found it and called PK over, he was marveling at it, and then I tried to 'claim' my trophy. I couldn't. Incidentally, Paul had already bagged it...lol.

I found something out last night, that just made a cool game even cooler. I play with stereo surround headphones, and you can hear every twig break, every breath, every footstep, because, away from the outposts, there is no music. Just nature. And in those moments when I'm drawing down on a buck, put him in the sights, and begin to hold my breath, all those sounds fade into the background. Funny thing is, that's exactly what happens to you when you're hunting in real life. But another thing. I heard a heartbeat in the headphones, until I realized that it wasn't coming from the game. I was hearing my own heartbeat in my ears...lol. Just fantastic.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Ok, so I've lost my mind to this 'theHunter' game. It's so well done and the amount of effort and thought they put into it is really something. I've never hunted in my life, but really digging the game. All I can think about is how cool it would be if PUBG used this as their engine!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

greggsand wrote:Ok, so I've lost my mind to this 'theHunter' game. It's so well done and the amount of effort and thought they put into it is really something. I've never hunted in my life, but really digging the game. All I can think about is how cool it would be if PUBG used this as their engine!
Gregg:

Teal and I hunt damn near every night. We would LOVE for you to join us! I know you're on the West Coast, while Teal is Central and I'm Eastern. Still, it's pretty common for us to hunt until 1-2 a.m. (ET).

What's your gamertag? I think you're on my Friends list but want to make sure.

Let's hunt! Like you, I've never hunted a day in my life. But this is such a remarkable game. The absolute sleeper hit of 2018 for me.

Fellas, take it from non-hunters like Gregg and me: theHunter is a fantastic game. If you appreciate a gun game that requires patience, is equal parts relaxing and challenging as hell, and also a game that shows off your 4K HDR TV perhaps better than any other, PLEASE join Teal and me (and hopefully Gregg) on a hunt sometime soon. We would love to have you and show you why theHunter is a GREAT game with phenomenal attention to detail by the developers.

Thanks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I finally got the Gamepass to play some SoT, but I think I might have to check out The Hunter. They guys on the GWJ podcast were playing and talking about this game the PC years ago. I'm not a PC gamer, not a hunter, so I never checked it out. But every one of them that played raved about it.

And honestly, it probably fits my pace better than a shooter. :oops:
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Aristo wrote:I finally got the Gamepass to play some SoT, but I think I might have to check out The Hunter. They guys on the GWJ podcast were playing and talking about this game the PC years ago. I'm not a PC gamer, not a hunter, so I never checked it out. But every one of them that played raved about it.

And honestly, it probably fits my pace better than a shooter. :oops:
Please join us, dude!

theHunter is so well done. It has great ballistics and weapons. But it also has puzzle elements as you must track animals before and after you shoot them. It's rare to drop an animal with one shot, so you must track the blood trail after you shoot them to find them once they bleed out and die. So realistic, according to my numerous pals here in upstate New York who do hunt.

Plus I can't emphasize how beautiful this game is. The natural audio is phenomenal, too. I spend time in the woods even though I don't hunt, and the audio is just spot-on.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Everything Paul said and then some. Screw it, this needs it's own thread...

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Thinking of getting back into gaming a little bit...Which system is the best? Where you guys been playing more on?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Zlax45 wrote:Thinking of getting back into gaming a little bit...Which system is the best? Where you guys been playing more on?
I think DSP is more of an Xbox joint because it's pretty much without dispute that Xbox Live is a better online gaming platform than PSN.

Otherwise, the console wars are a stalemate, for the most part. The PS4 was more powerful than the Xbox One or Xbox One S, but the Xbox One X has closed that gap. Both studios have exclusive games, with the general opinion that Sony has a bit of an edge, especially if a baseball game (The Show) is a must.

I've been on Xbox exclusively since 2002 because XBL is so damn good. Plus, and this is a picayune point, I far prefer the feel of the Xbox controller than the PS Dual Shock -- especially the triggers for racing games and shooters, my two favorite genres.

Welcome back to gaming, man!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:Thinking of getting back into gaming a little bit...Which system is the best? Where you guys been playing more on?
I think DSP is more of an Xbox joint because it's pretty much without dispute that Xbox Live is a better online gaming platform than PSN.

Otherwise, the console wars are a stalemate, for the most part. The PS4 was more powerful than the Xbox One or Xbox One S, but the Xbox One X has closed that gap. Both studios have exclusive games, with the general opinion that Sony has a bit of an edge, especially if a baseball game (The Show) is a must.

I've been on Xbox exclusively since 2002 because XBL is so damn good. Plus, and this is a picayune point, I far prefer the feel of the Xbox controller than the PS Dual Shock -- especially the triggers for racing games and shooters, my two favorite genres.

Welcome back to gaming, man!
Can’t go wrong with that advice. It really boils down to what games you like. I own both systems but this gen, Sony has killed it with exclusives. There some really great games on the PS4. For me this gen, I prefer the PS4 over the XONE.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Can’t go wrong with that advice. It really boils down to what games you like. I own both systems but this gen, Sony has killed it with exclusives. There some really great games on the PS4. For me this gen, I prefer the PS4 over the XONE.
Until I got the One X, the PS4/PS4 Pro was by far my favorite of this gen...now I'm leaning towards the One X. The machine just seems a lot nicer and I like the Xbox Elite controller better than the Dual Shocks. I really ONLY play The Show on my Pro, which is ridiculous really. But I have to have my baseball.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Can’t go wrong with that advice. It really boils down to what games you like. I own both systems but this gen, Sony has killed it with exclusives. There some really great games on the PS4. For me this gen, I prefer the PS4 over the XONE.
Until I got the One X, the PS4/PS4 Pro was by far my favorite of this gen...now I'm leaning towards the One X. The machine just seems a lot nicer and I like the Xbox Elite controller better than the Dual Shocks. I really ONLY play The Show on my Pro, which is ridiculous really. But I have to have my baseball.
The One X is the better machine vs the PS4 Pro. I decided against the X as most of my console gaming is on the Pro because of the Sony exclusives. Now that MS has bought 5 studios lets see if that translates into more exclusives next gen.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am with DB. I love my PS4 Pro but the One X is my default console. The Show is the sole reason I have a PS4. There are some Sony exclusives I love (Uncharted, HZD, and a few others) but the One X is in my gaming DNA at this point.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah if I had to give up one it would be my Pro. While they do have great exclusives there are only a few i play. I mean if you never played Last of Us on a PS3 that is a must play on the PS4. Horizon Zero Dawn is my favorite game of the last 10 years and God of War is good as well. But games like Detroit are not good and upcoming games like Days Gone who knows since it got no press at E3.

So while Sony has a lot of exclusives. it only matters if you want to play those types of games but I'm the wrong person to ask because i bought a Switch to basically play one game.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Anyone try No Man’s Sky on Xbox yet? I’m intrigued.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

If anyone is considering picking up a PS4 Pro, I just bought the white version - It's very, very easy on the eyes. Not as harsh looking as the black. The dualshock looks great in white as well.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

This is interesting: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/27/xbox-all-access/ Introducing Xbox All Access

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Have a code for a free month of Gamer Pass. Its for new subscribers only. First PM gets it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

2 months ago I turned on my XB1X to find about 1/2 of my game library missing. On top of that I could not reinstall the missing games, getting an instant "Installation stopped" pop up. After going through troubleshooting with Xbox support, the only fix that worked was a complete reset of the console. Then I had to reinstall all my games and apps (glad I don't have data caps)

Needless to say, I was a little upset when the same thing happened this week. Spoke with Xbox support again and they are going to replace the console. Just to make sure I ran full WD diagnostics on my external HD and found no problems there.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:2 months ago I turned on my XB1X to find about 1/2 of my game library missing. On top of that I could not reinstall the missing games, getting an instant "Installation stopped" pop up. After going through troubleshooting with Xbox support, the only fix that worked was a complete reset of the console. Then I had to reinstall all my games and apps (glad I don't have data caps)

Needless to say, I was a little upset when the same thing happened this week. Spoke with Xbox support again and they are going to replace the console. Just to make sure I ran full WD diagnostics on my external HD and found no problems there.
Damn, that sucks. Do you have to return the other one?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25