NFL Season 2011-2012

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2011-2012

Post by XXXIV »

Sgt Schultz lives!

Last edited by XXXIV on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

That's Rod's new avatar 34...can you email it to him so he can use it? :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

For a synopsis of Terry's post from yesterday...I give you this:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... t-bounties

It explains nearly everything. Lancer...pay attention. :)

Especially the part about Payton actually putting bounties on guys too! He deserves the sh*t storm he's gotten.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Hey like I said, I get most of my NFL info from this site.

That's why I thought the Rams were a Superbowl contender last pre-season. :lol:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Bears sign Bush to a 4-year contract. Another move I like by the new GM.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Lancer wrote:Hey like I said, I get most of my NFL info from this site.

That's why I thought the Rams were a Superbowl contender last pre-season. :lol:
You are obviously new.

The Rams are SB contenders every season!!! ...Especially in march and up thru august. 8)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

ScoopBrady wrote:Bears sign Bush to a 4-year contract. Another move I like by the new GM.
Damn. Just as I was getting hopeful that maybe the market wasn't what he wanted, so he'd return to Oakland.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Rodster wrote:This article is right, he should have picked JAX. It's almost the complete opposite of what he will face in NYC.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1795 ... z-and-jets
yes. Shocking. Whichever the case, Tebow definitely have balls. I give him that

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

ScoopBrady wrote:Bears sign Bush to a 4-year contract. Another move I like by the new GM.
Digging those moves as well. Hoping this bodes well for the draft.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

Brando70 wrote:
Outside of another WR, I think you are going to see all Defense for the Bears Draft next month.

Speaking of the Bears, what do you guys think about Matt Forte taking his (lack of) contract woes to Twitter. . .

Matt Forte ‏ @MattForte22
There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

tmdba37 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:
Outside of another WR, I think you are going to see all Defense for the Bears Draft next month.

Speaking of the Bears, what do you guys think about Matt Forte taking his (lack of) contract woes to Twitter. . .

There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....
Haha...hilarious. The same guy (Forte) who essentially threatened to hold out if they franchised him. Idiot.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

How to undo years of goodwill with 140 characters or less.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Not to mention when I think of a Chicago Bears running back, I think of a guy like Bush. It's almost a perfect match for him IMO. He is quicker than people realize, and when he starts lowering the shoulder on people, it's amazing to literally see the defenders bracing for impact and not wanting to tackle him in the second half. Dude is just a stud, and I hope he does well there.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I really like Bush, but Forte is still a more valuable RB...maybe only by a hair. But I think the Bears did absolutely the right thing, not dropping a Chris Johnson-sized goldmine onto Forte's high-mileage legs.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

you mofo's! I thought all along reading this you were talking about Reggie Bush! But I took the great advice of 34's and went on nfl.com and it's another dude named Bush. Never heard of him.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

tmdba37 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:

I think there is no chance he plays next year. The guy feels a lack of respect and the Bush contract cemented it for him. Not saying he is in the right but I don't expect him to sign a new deal with the Bears and will be surprised if he doesn't force a trade.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Never heard of him.
Shoooooccckkkkkiiiinnnnggggg.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:

you mofo's! I thought all along reading this you were talking about Reggie Bush! But I took the great advice of 34's and went on nfl.com and it's another dude named Bush. Never heard of him.
I honestly hope whatever you do for a living doesn't require paying attention.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:I think there is no chance he plays next year. The guy feels a lack of respect and the Bush contract cemented it for him. Not saying he is in the right but I don't expect him to sign a new deal with the Bears and will be surprised if he doesn't force a trade.
They will sit his ass down like Chris Johnson had to. No way they let him go, or allow him to force his way out. He's got 7.5 million reasons to play this season. He'll be in the lineup I imagine...or he'll be holding out. Bush is insurance.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Lancer wrote:
I honestly hope whatever you do for a living doesn't require paying attention.
LOL. Seriously. Now I think he's just doing it on purpose to be annoying. At least I hope so.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I just picture him almost exactly like a guy I work with. Even the simplest thing, he'll come and ask somebody else rather than look it up. When questioned about it, his answer was "I could spend 5 minutes looking for it, or you could tell me in 10 seconds. Which way is faster?"

Telling him that it was forcing us to spend time telling him something that he could find on his own was met with a blank stare and disbelief. I honestly think I might work with Lancer :lol:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Rodster wrote:I guess he saw two QB's in front of him in JAX. In NY he'll get weaned into Wildcat plays. I think given the Sanchez performances the last 2 years he's probably a lot closer to playing a lot more in NY than he would in JAX.

That makes sense but I don't know if REx and the front office would ever admit that Sanchez was a wrong decision. At least from the HBO show last year, they put all their eggs in one basket.

If they let Tebow play, then it's over for Sanchez. The fans will be behind Tebow in an instant. He just has that quality like those old great guys like Montana and Jordan where people say you could tell something magical was going to happen once they touched the ball. Tebow has that same quality. He will do something on that field you've probably never seen before. Just ask any Broncos fan.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

You're right on that. Throw it 5 yards too far. Throw it in the dirt. Throw it out of bounds. Throw it so far off that you honestly can't tell who it was intended to be to.

Then suddenly break a tackle and run for 35 yards and a TD. Or get 1 out of 25 throws pinpoint on the money and get a big score. If the game is close, dude makes plays. Problem is, he'll never be a guy that can just carry a team like he was in college. 85% of the time, he's a far below average QB. The other 15% of the time, he's working his magic.

But 15% magic is better than no magic, especially if Jacksonville would have gotten him. Not to mention putting butts in seats for a team that is always in danger of moving in the middle of the night.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

TCrouch wrote:You're right on that. Throw it 5 yards too far. Throw it in the dirt. Throw it out of bounds. Throw it so far off that you honestly can't tell who it was intended to be to.

Then suddenly break a tackle and run for 35 yards and a TD. Or get 1 out of 25 throws pinpoint on the money and get a big score. If the game is close, dude makes plays. Problem is, he'll never be a guy that can just carry a team like he was in college. 85% of the time, he's a far below average QB. The other 15% of the time, he's working his magic.

But 15% magic is better than no magic, especially if Jacksonville would have gotten him. Not to mention putting butts in seats for a team that is always in danger of moving in the middle of the night.
Exactly! that's the thing people don't understand about Tebow and his fans. We like him believe in him and have faith in him. That's the key there, FAITH! He's not your conventional QB who'll dazzle you with his numbers. But at the end of the day he will have the biggest number that matters, wins.

Screen Cap this post right now, print it and put it on your refrigerator for the next 10 - 15 years. I guarantee you, that when it's all said and done, Tebow will have more Super Bowl Rings than Marino and Moon COMBINED! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I don't know if jaded New Yorkers are going to go gaga over Tebow like those Denver fans.

Forte has played only 2 or 3 seasons? He should be in his prime.