NFL Season 2011-2012

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2011-2012

Post by Brando70 »

The Bears got an excellent 3-4 linebacker for their 4-3 defense. I am more confused by them picking Shea McClellin than the Jews picking Lenny Kravitz in the racial draft.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Brando70 wrote:The Bears got an excellent 3-4 linebacker for their 4-3 defense. I am more confused by them picking Shea McClellin than the Jews picking Lenny Kravitz in the racial draft.
Odd, for sure. Emery was absolutely psyched about the pick though. He was clearly the target coming in, so for better or worse Emery really owns the pick.

I'm willing to give Emery the benefit of the doubt, in part because he's a fresh face and in part because I think he's had an excellent off season up to this point. But his honeymoon is definitely over with most Bears fans.

McClellin isn't doing anybody any favors by choosing to play in #99.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:These stupid f***in Rams.
The only positive I see in the St. Louis pick is that I won't have to listen to Rams fan make fun of the Chiefs equally miserable 1st round pick of Combine Warrior, Dontari Poe. I just hate, hate, hate DL in the first rund unless they are proven beasts.

I wanted to the Chiefs to take the unsexy OG David DeCastro. Their OL is on the verge of becoming a strength, and LG is a gaping hol that would have been nice to fill for a team that wants to run the ball first. Their defense is in really good shape already, although DT is a postion of need. But I would prefer they grab a big body later in the draft, as I doubty it is a bigger gamble than taking one in the first round.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

RobVarak wrote:
Brando70 wrote:The Bears got an excellent 3-4 linebacker for their 4-3 defense. I am more confused by them picking Shea McClellin than the Jews picking Lenny Kravitz in the racial draft.
Odd, for sure. Emery was absolutely psyched about the pick though. He was clearly the target coming in, so for better or worse Emery really owns the pick.

I'm willing to give Emery the benefit of the doubt, in part because he's a fresh face and in part because I think he's had an excellent off season up to this point. But his honeymoon is definitely over with most Bears fans.

McClellin isn't doing anybody any favors by choosing to play in #99.
I agree, I didn't jump off a building over it. It was just funny that every highlight ESPN showed after the pick had McClellin making plays from a two-point stance. Even if he doesn't work out as an every-down DE, he would probably make a good outside linebacker. Also seems highly unlikely to be convicted for gun battles in a club or domestic disturbances, which is a plus.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

pk500 wrote:
RallyMonkey wrote:Pats finally trade up instead of down, not once but TWICE, and fill two big defensive holes. Of course lotta good it'll do with Julian Edelman still playing cover corner....but you gotta start somewhere
Chandler Jones was a very good player here in Syracuse. Quality, hard-working kid with ZERO off-field issues. Typical, smart Belichick pick.
I only saw Jones play against CT and he was a beast. And Hightower is built like, and hits like, a truck. I'm damn happy after day one for sure.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Something for you Rams fans and a bit of interesting behind the scenes stuff for all of us:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rams- ... afted.html
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

RobVarak wrote:Something for you Rams fans and a bit of interesting behind the scenes stuff for all of us:

I still don't get the fascination with this guy.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
RobVarak wrote:Something for you Rams fans and a bit of interesting behind the scenes stuff for all of us:

Now now. Lets give guppy a chance. Other than the trade to the Skins he has played the fool but he did just get here....They do need someone to get a push up the middle and to take up some double teams.
Who knows...Maybe Jenkins will stay away from drugs too.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Now now. Lets give guppy a chance. Other than the trade to the Skins he has played the fool but he did just get here....They do need someone to get a push up the middle and to take up some double teams.
Who knows...Maybe Jenkins will stay away from drugs too.
Just some odd choices.. but I'm used to it. :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Always gotta take it out on the U.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Junior Seau, RIP. Either murdered or suicide. WTF.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Eagles sign Miami alum Jacory Harris...bahahahahahaha...couldn't happen to a better City. Enjoy Philly fan. You truly have signed the worst QB in college football last year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Eagles sign Miami alum Jacory Harris...bahahahahahaha...couldn't happen to a better City. Enjoy Philly fan. You truly have signed the worst QB in college football last year.
He won't sniff making the squad DB so it's irrelevant. Eagles had a tremendous draft...some believe the best in the league. I'll worry about football come August.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Eagles sign Miami alum Jacory Harris...bahahahahahaha...couldn't happen to a better City. Enjoy Philly fan. You truly have signed the worst QB in college football last year.
He won't sniff making the squad DB so it's irrelevant. Eagles had a tremendous draft...some believe the best in the league. I'll worry about football come August.
Says whom? No one knows jack sh*t about the draft for another year or two, so THAT is irrelevant. It's just hilarious to me that one of the worst QBs in college football actually got signed...practice squad or whatever, in the NFL. Almost comical.

And yeah...don't worry about football now...you've got your Sixers at least. So far so good.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Says whom? No one knows jack sh*t about the draft for another year or two, so THAT is irrelevant. It's just hilarious to me that one of the worst QBs in college football actually got signed...practice squad or whatever, in the NFL. Almost comical.

And yeah...don't worry about football now...you've got your Sixers at least. So far so good.
Says a number of experts. Says those who know what the Eagles NEED and GOT. Says me (not that I'm an expert). This is all in comparison to what the other teams accomplished. Alot goes into the draft...research, luck, strategy, etc. but the Eagles had a very good draft day. Yes, the draft is a gamble in a number of ways but to say no one knows jack s*** about it is really stretching it. Sure, we will have to see how it pans out but it does stand for something.

As far as the Sixers, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. It will probably end sooner rather than later but it will be a fun ride. They can beat the Celtics. Beyond that is dreaming. The Heat dominated the Sixers this season...as they should....so a matchup with them would more than likely be a quick series.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

The Harris "era" in Philly is over.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... 855be7ce69
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

You're lucky. Kid can't even make it through OTAs he's that bad.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Broncos win the Superbowl. Making my prediction now. When I am right you all need to call me The Professor going forward :)
Last edited by Danimal on Tue May 22, 2012 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Broncos in the Superbowl. Making my prediction now. When I am right you all need to call me The Professor going forward :)
At least pick the super bowl winner and not just a participant. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Broncos in the Superbowl. Making my prediction now. When I am right you all need to call me The Professor going forward :)
At least pick the super bowl winner and not just a participant. :)
Ah I fixed my typo so now all is clear.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If K. Winslow' knee holds up, this could be a good move for the Seahawks.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

10spro wrote:If K. Winslow' knee holds up, this could be a good move for the Seahawks.
Wonder if that means they're throwing in the towel on Zach Miller.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Brando70 wrote:
10spro wrote:If K. Winslow' knee holds up, this could be a good move for the Seahawks.
Wonder if that means they're throwing in the towel on Zach Miller.
Well, he did sign a big contract last offseason and you can never be short of TE's. Sure adds some depth but SEA would probably need more muscle in the OL unit.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I hope so. Come back to Oakland, Zach!!