NCAA Football 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA Football 12

Post by Inuyasha »

damn, i get back from work to check this thread and TCrouch has posted a thesis on NCAA 12.

I got to admit, it's too much info for me to digest in one paragraph than the 50 he posted today.

DSP Mods - Why don't you make a BLOG section for DSP so people like TCrouch can post all this information for us all in once place. Say someone sells this game and buys it later after they fix it up, and wants to read some info, they have to find the thread and the correct page etc..... Why not just have him paste all this stuff to a DSP Blog named NCAA 12 so we can get it all at one place?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

GTHobbes wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:RTG mode is awesome! I did have a weird situation where it was 2nd and 10 and I complete a 17-yard pass. Instead of it being first down my team punts. Now even if the 17-yard pass was ruled incomplete (it was not I checked the play history) it still would have only been 3rd down. That type of s*** ventures into Backbreaker territory for me. Fortunately I have only seen this once.
Isn't this s*** a hypocritical moderator who's just asking for an internet argument?

And an ignorant hypocritical moderator at that, as I've played hundreds of games of BB online and never once saw anything like that. BB's not a perfect game either, but this kind've stuff is MUCH more likely to be seen in a Tiburon game than one from 2k, Natural Motion, or even Tecmo:
Hypocritical? How so? I made it quite clear in the Backbreaker thread that I had a problem with the SINGLE-PLAYER portion of the game. Considering you "played hundreds of games of BB online" I can see why you wouldn't have seen the same issues I did. Those types of errors were prominent in Backbreaker leading to me eventually being unable to actually enjoy the single-player experience. I mention it because if I continue to see things like that in NCAA I will no longer be able to enjoy the game. If I recall correctly every time I mentioned any of the numerous bugs I found in the single-player experience of Backbreaker you would always say that you hadn't seen any of the issues online. I may be ignorant but I would not be alone. If you have nothing to add to the thread about NCAA do not post in this thread.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Terry, your last post sounds a lot like the stuff I loved about playing BB online. It's got me looking forward to seeing what Madden's going to deliver this year.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I played online and it's really different than offline.

I could throw over the middle and the LB didnt jump 10 feet and swat it or int it. I could throw long and the DB didn't catch up 10 yards from behind to INT it. No Jump balls either.

Maybe online is how they intended offline to play.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Danimal wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote: An entire community vs. 3 is a clique? Interesting. And of course you don't mind saying it...what repercussions would there even be?
Apparently none. It's nice to know you can attack a moderator on here with not having to worry about it though.
Actually, the repercussions are a permaban for GT. His same old trolly thing has been tiresome for a while, he's already had a recent temp ban, and now this stupidity (along with so many other stupid posts over the months...no, years). Scoop posts a comment on how Backbreaker was buggy, and the response is calling Scoop a "hypocritical moderator who's just asking for an internet argument"? No - Scoop does far too much to deal with this crap. And considering that GT brings much more crap than he's worth to these forums, I'm very happy to show him the door.

Danimal,

Unfortunately, I've been working nonstop this morning, followed by entertaining visiting in-laws, and I simply haven't had time to do even glance at the forums today. Now that I've seen this, he's been banned.

And I completely understand that you have a different moderating style from myself and Scoop. We do not moderate here like at OS - if we did, who knows if we'd have any posters. (And note that this isn't knocking OS - it's just a different style for a different type of forum.) I've only permabanned, I think, two regular posters in the I don't even know how many years I've moderated here (BD and Parker, iirc). I am a lot more lenient about that - if you don't like it...sorry.

JRod and Teal,

Every damn year, people. I'm sure I've said this a couple of times (and if I had the time, I'd dig up the old posts and cut and paste). But I'll just say it again.

People have the right on these forums to say whatever the hell they want about games. If JRod doesn't like some very minor detail about a game and comments profusely about it, so what? Who the hell cares? If Teal wants to make sweet love to his copy of NCAA, so what? Who the hell cares? You both have different opinions about video games. Great. I'm happy to hear BOTH JRod and Teal's opinions on NCAA. But it annoys the hell out of me to hear Teal b*tch about JRod's opinion about games, and vice versa. So please, just accept that you both take a different perspective on this stuff, and stop the annual whinefest.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Hey, just because you've got the big stick, doesn't mean you've gotta come in here way after it's over and start waving it, Jared. I haven't said a word to that doof in a year, because he's been on ignore the whole time. I freely admit that I don't like the guy, and goes way deeper than a stupid video game thread...but we don't have those other threads anymore. That being said, I think we policed ourselves pretty well without the 'big sheriff' routine, brother. Not much sense in bringing it in here now.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

And who's going to argue with a mug like Teal's, not me. That boy looks like a can of whoop ass waiting to to happen. :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Rodster wrote:And who's going to argue with a mug like Teal's, not me. That boy looks like a can of whoop ass waiting to to happen. :)
:lol: That's funny, Rod. Eh, I'm just a big ol' teddy bear...most of the time...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Teal wrote:Eh, I'm just a big ol' teddy bear...most of the time...
That's what i'm afraid of ! :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Jared wrote:
Danimal,

Unfortunately, I've been working nonstop this morning, followed by entertaining visiting in-laws, and I simply haven't had time to do even glance at the forums today. Now that I've seen this, he's been banned.

And I completely understand that you have a different moderating style from myself and Scoop. We do not moderate here like at OS - if we did, who knows if we'd have any posters. (And note that this isn't knocking OS - it's just a different style for a different type of forum.) I've only permabanned, I think, two regular posters in the I don't even know how many years I've moderated here (BD and Parker, iirc). I am a lot more lenient about that - if you don't like it...sorry.
Jared -

Sorry if it came across like i was attacking you. In all honesty I block the people who annoy me and I've probably handed out the least bans of anyone at the Other Site. I got a little annoyed seeing Scoop attacked. Mods don't get paid, we just try and keep the forums clean and a good place to visit because we like the sites we're on.

Anyway my bad for stepping on toes.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Rodster wrote:
Teal wrote:Eh, I'm just a big ol' teddy bear...most of the time...
That's what i'm afraid of ! :)

How can I whoop any when I'm laughing mine off? :lol:

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Dan,

No worries.

Teal,

I'm not waving the big stick, just expressing my opinion on the same back and forth - there's no ban threat or anything like that. It's all good.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For those keeping tabs: "NCAA Football 12 two-week sales surge to 700,000"

College gridiron simulator sells 17 percent more out of the gate; 870,000 online games played, 50,000 Dynasties created, 1 million custom teams made.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Rodster wrote:For those keeping tabs: "NCAA Football 12 two-week sales surge to 700,000"

College gridiron simulator sells 17 percent more out of the gate; 870,000 online games played, 50,000 Dynasties created, 1 million custom teams made.
That's good news. Always glad to see a good game get rewarded. EA's definitely on the right track with this game and I hope they continue to go the direction they have gone this year.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Too much broken for me and how I like to play.. I'm going to cut my losses for now and trade this in towards Madden.

I played over 100 games with NCAA 11, so it's not like I'm really craving college football like I am pro football this year. (as least as far as gaming is concerned)

I'll pick it up at a reduced price once a patch or two comes out.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well...s***. Was just playing RTG, and the shelf that holds my games fell onto the 360. Now the damned disc is grooved all the way around, and it's unreadable. Just my luck. Is there any way to fix those stupid things?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Teal wrote:Well...s***. Was just playing RTG, and the shelf that holds my games fell onto the 360. Now the damned disc is grooved all the way around, and it's unreadable. Just my luck. Is there any way to fix those stupid things?
Did you load the game onto the HD? Sometimes if you do that, even a horribly scratched game will still work.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Teal wrote:Well...s***. Was just playing RTG, and the shelf that holds my games fell onto the 360. Now the damned disc is grooved all the way around, and it's unreadable. Just my luck. Is there any way to fix those stupid things?
damn. i won't be messing w/ Jrod then. Didnt know he had that kind of power :)

Jrod - hey that time i replied with typing your name as RROD, that was just a typo man, not intentional. Don't make the sky fall!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

MizzouRah wrote:
Did you load the game onto the HD? Sometimes if you do that, even a horribly scratched game will still work.
Nope, didn't have it loaded. Tried to after the fact, but it only got about 30 percent into it, and stopped. Dammit.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Lancer wrote:
damn. i won't be messing w/ Jrod then. Didnt know he had that kind of power :)

Jrod - hey that time i replied with typing your name as RROD, that was just a typo man, not intentional.

LOL LOL :mrgreen:

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Teal wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
Nope, didn't have it loaded. Tried to after the fact, but it only got about 30 percent into it, and stopped. Dammit.
Maybe if you rent/borrow a copy and load it to HD? I don't think they ID the individual disc that performed the copy when you start to play, just that you have a valid disc.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

If the scratches aren't too extensive, you could try the 'polish it with toothpaste' trick for which you can find info via google or YouTube.

Years ago I had a FIFA disc that got scratched up with radial scratches and the toothpaste polishing did the trick quite nicely. Good luck!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I have been playing RTG a lot since people were so high on it. I am enjoying it as I'm a sophomore starting QB at Ohio State. I was highly recruited in High School since having really good games. I had at least 15 offers, I choose to come in as the 3rd string QB at OSU because I hate OSU and thought it would be fun to ruin their program. However the mode has got me hooked although you have to suspend logical thought in some cases.

It took me 4 weeks to practice up and win the 2nd string spot. Then another 8 or 9 weeks to get a shot at 1st string as a freshmen. Playing games as a 2nd string was ridiculous, watching myself hold on XP's and FG's. I got in a game once due to injury. Anyway at the time I was promoted to first string, OSU was 8-2 and their QB was ranked in the top 10 in the country. I took his job in the last game of the season which was at Michigan like that is ever going to happen. My first start on the road, in the Big House was a disaster I think I threw 4 int's. Yet I retained my starting spot for the Texas bowl against LSU which we lost 16-9. I was driving the team down to go ahead and threw to an open receiver in the end zone the the SS came across and made the most unbelievable one handed INT. I don't know why but everyone seems to react a lot faster in RTG.

So last night I get back to my Illinois dynasty. I took them for a challenge and after beating up 2 sister of the blind schools I had ASU ranked #22 at home. I have never lost a game to the CPU as bad as I lost this game. ASU was throwing the ball all over the place and my secondary looked like they never played football before. Guys we're making wrong calls on who to cover in zones, guys we're getting beat in one on one and I mean bad. 3 times ASU hit wide open receiver for 65+ yard scoring strikes. My offensive line couldn't block a sack of lard. I was hurried and sacked so many times it was frustrating. Final was 50 - 7. As I said never took a beating like this before, ASU was clearly more talented and as the game wore on I swear my defense got worse like they lost all confidence. I can see why people would be frustrated if every game was like my ASU experience. For me after it was done I was happy because I like to fact that I can get my ass handed to me like that.

Anyway just some random thoughts
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I hadn't played my RTG much lately (been iRacing more), but I hopped on and almost finished my Junior year last night. I can see how that would be tough to believe if you went to a huge school like that. I think they had to cater to the guys who wanted to start right away, and give them the option. For me, at a big program like that, I'd have probably not done the position challenge and finished the year on the bench.

(For what it's worth, when you come to the playcall screen as the 2nd string and you see the call is a FG, you can hit the LB I think it is to skip the play and not actually watch it. It may be the RB, but one of the bumpers skips the play entirely).

It was easier for me to believe because Cal wasn't nearly as good, and all the QB's were in the mid-70's. I think 1st and 2nd string were both rated a 76, and I hopped to 2nd string before the regular season ever started. It took 4 weeks for me to bypass #1, and we were 2-2 coming off the bye after some losses to pretty crappy teams, so it was believable for me. It would have been the perfect spot to install a new QB.

My first season, I went 1-7 as the starter so we finished 3-9.

My second season, I improved in every major statistical category and the team finished 7-6 (7-5 regular season with a loss to TCU in a bowl game).

My Junior year, I got into a much better groove. My completion percentage, yards per game, and touchdowns all went up, and my INTs went down. Naturally, when you do that, you end up having a better year. I was 8-4 this time, finishing the regular season at #18 and I'm playing against some scrub team in a "Fight Hunger Bowl". I have yet to play that one, but I've gotten up to 3600 yards, 35 TDs and 12 INTs in my Junior year...and I haven't had a sniff of any of the awards. No All American, no Award finalist...nada. So that gives me more drive to figure out why I can be in the top 5 in passing and still be a pariah.

Anyway, I'm really, REALLY digging RTG the more I play it. I will finish my QB career and probably start as a RB or WR. I don't know what it would be like to play as a defensive player, but I might do that too. I could see having to suspend logical thought in some instances, but so far for me, it's been aces.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Teal wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
ALWAYS load games to the HD! ;)