Medal of Honor

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Medal of Honor

Post by Teal »

Any takers on this one next week? I'm planning on getting it through GF, then purchasing it at a reduced price later. Any others?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Medal of Honor

Post by Naples39 »

I wasn't all that impressed with the beta, but I am hoping to get a gamely copy promptly and try it out.

Was playing some Halo online the last few days and reminded me how much i dislike it, and how I long for real guns and not people jumping 15 feet in the air while sniping.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Think I am going to sit this one out. I still play Bad Company 2 regularly so I don't really "need" another FPS. Plus, I want to devote more time to NHL 11.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Just traded RDR towards it. Love the series since the PS1 days. Played the online beta on the 360, much slower pace than CoD MW but was still a confusing affair.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Not me. COD Black Ops is right around the corner and my excitement for THAT game knows no bounds.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Was considering getting it but I think I'm going to hold off and see some impressions.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh, I'm all over Black Ops, too, bro. If the MP in MoH is good, then fine, but I pretty much collect these types of games. I love the SP in many of them as much as, if not more, than the MP. I love Battlefield 2's MP, but grew tired of the spastic nature of MWmp.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Now that they've been pimping the game and I'm seeing more about it I find myself wanting to get it as part of the TRU deal this week. I also saw that the PS3 version comes with a HD retooled Medal of Honor: Frontline remake making it all the more alluring for me.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

ScoopBrady wrote:Now that they've been pimping the game and I'm seeing more about it I find myself wanting to get it as part of the TRU deal this week. I also saw that the PS3 version comes with a HD retooled Medal of Honor: Frontline remake making it all the more alluring for me.
LOL, me too ! :lol:

Btw the Limited Edition which really is the only edition right now has Frontline for all versions of the game. I got the info from cheapassgamer.com ;)

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Alright, gamefly shipped my copy this morning. Now if I only had a working xbox to play it on...

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Rodster wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:Now that they've been pimping the game and I'm seeing more about it I find myself wanting to get it as part of the TRU deal this week. I also saw that the PS3 version comes with a HD retooled Medal of Honor: Frontline remake making it all the more alluring for me.

Btw the Limited Edition which really is the only edition right now has Frontline for all versions of the game. I got the info from cheapassgamer.com ;)
Me 3! Thinking of getting NBA 2k11, MoH and some other game for B2G1F.
+++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

? is this the FPS where you can flying in a Chopper and blow sh*t up? That never gets old. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Hopefully reviews will get posted tonight, the day before release. If not then that won't be a good sign.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

In the mail from gf...looking forward to it!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Something called Gamesmaster UK gave it an 85 out of 100. Could just be some dude in his dungeon, but it's a review. Couldn't read it, though...is it a game rag?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

CVG reviews it first giving it an 8.5, looks like i'll pass cause the score was heavily based on the MP. So i'll pass on this one. :P

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=269047

SO TIER AND YET SO FAR
"So we've fallen big time for Medal of Honor's multiplayer, but as far as the single-player campaign goes? Well, we don't want to say it's a game of two halves... but in truth, it really is. The story mode, which divides its attentions between the adventures of a close-knit team of Tier 1 Operatives working behind enemy lines and the 'everyman' tales of the standard army forces on the frontline, never quite comes together as we hoped it might.

It's hard to pin down why exactly, because the only area of the game that is noticeably substandard is the AI, and even this can be turned around to your enjoyment (breaking cover to plunge a knife into an insurgent's throat from 20 yards away is a particularly irresistible head rush).

Like Battlefield before it, Medal of Honor is an engrossing online shooter with an above-average campaign mode bolted on. As a result, it's a purchase you should only seriously consider if your console is hooked up to the intarwebs. On a wider scale though, this reboot thrusts Medal of Honor back into the spotlight, and for the first time in ages we can't wait to see where EA take the series next.

It's not on Call of Duty's level yet, but it's a positive step forward, and small victories eventually win big wars."

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Rodster wrote:CVG reviews it first giving it an 8.5, looks like i'll pass cause the score was heavily based on the MP. So i'll pass on this one. :P
Other than maybe Bioshock, I can't remember a single (military) FPS that's worthy of $60 for the single player campaign. COD's, BC's, Halo's, all these story/campaigns are mediocre at best.
+++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

WillHunting wrote:
Rodster wrote:CVG reviews it first giving it an 8.5, looks like i'll pass cause the score was heavily based on the MP. So i'll pass on this one. :P
Other than maybe Bioshock, I can't remember a single (military) FPS that's worthy of $60 for the single player campaign. COD's, BC's, Halo's, all these story/campaigns are mediocre at best.
I don't know...the first Modern Warfare was pretty damn good. That's the only one I can think of.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
WillHunting wrote:
I don't know...the first Modern Warfare was pretty damn good. That's the only one I can think of.
+1. And I loved Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 SP, too.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 single player campaign is awesome. I've played through it several times and I never get bored with it.

I'm with Teal in that I collect these military shooters, but I really was not a big fan of the online beta for MoH. I'm a big fan of MW and Battlefield, and while MoH tries to kind of mix them together it just doesn't gell very well IMO.

The game feels like a quick hack to get in on the success of Modern shooters.
GT = Wilk5280

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Rodster wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Frontline is PS3 exclusive. They both have Limited Editions but only the PS3 has Frontline included. Even looking at the descriptions on ebgames.com has Frontline in the PS3 description but doesn't have it in the 360 description.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Honestly the MP in shooters is all I really care about anymore, and while I absolutely loved just about everything about MW1, MW2 made so many bad design choices.

I have said before the MoH beta was kind of meh as the gun mechanics just never felt right, but if nothing else it was a nice change from the MW BS of sprinting instant-melee kills, endless killstreak rewards, quick-scoping with sniper rifles, etc... Of course the wonderful XBL community does it darndest to ruin every game online, but if the online shooting action is solid and is less forgiving to such garbage techniques I could get into it.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Teal wrote:Something called Gamesmaster UK gave it an 85 out of 100. Could just be some dude in his dungeon, but it's a review. Couldn't read it, though...is it a game rag?
A long-running magazine, originally launched on the back of the early 90s British television show of the same name. Used to subscribe to the old UK scoring standards, where an average game will score somewhere around 75-80% and any game scoring less than 65% should be thrown on a bonfire, though I've precisely no idea whether it still does.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

ScoopBrady wrote: Btw the Limited Edition which really is the only edition right now has Frontline for all versions of the game. I got the info from cheapassgamer.com ;)
I'm pretty sure that Frontline is PS3 exclusive. They both have Limited Editions but only the PS3 has Frontline included. Even looking at the descriptions on ebgames.com has Frontline in the PS3 description but doesn't have it in the 360 description.[/quote]

Hmmm don't know what to say other than Newegg.com shows the 360 version has Frontline too, weird. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well, I'll find out tomorrow I guess. If it's the PS3 that has the Frontline exclusive, I'll get that version, if not I'll stick to my 360 pre-order.