Tiger Woods 10 DSP 'Offline' Tour

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Tiger Woods 10 DSP 'Offline' Tour

Post by Naples39 »

Okay enough chit-chat. Time to play some golf. I will continuously update this post with news and results. Here are my proposed rules, which of course may be changed based upon feedback.

All players on any system are welcome to play in any tournament.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES

Settings: All tournaments will be played with Advanced swing difficulty, hole out assist off, putt preview off. Other options will be set per tournament.

Character selection: Mandatory character selection will be set per tournament.

Courses: Courses and all settings thereto will be announced per week. Course selection usually will be to play the first round of that week's weekly online tournament,' but also may be set otherwise. Suggestions for upcoming courses and settings are welcome!

Score Submission: Once the course and settings have been announced, players may play as many practice rounds as they want, but are expected to start and complete one 'real' round, and submit the score for that pre-designated 'real' round whether it be better or worse than your practice rounds. Please submit your score and system (Wii/PS3/360) via PM to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT TOURNAMENT

BETHPAGE BLACK, 6/18 - 6/21

Course and Settings: For our trial run, please play the first round of this week's online weekly tournament at Bethpage Black, which is available through this weekend.

Character: Tiger Woods

IN-PROGRESS SCORES
Wii
Naples 39 -3
Game7 +10
Slumberland +13
Webdanzer +14

btmmayor -4
HipE +9
10spro +14
JackB +18
Last edited by Naples39 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:12 am, edited 7 times in total.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

How about you pick a different PRO for each tournament and we all play with that one?

Is "Advanced Swing Difficulty" on the 360 too? Is that the hardest setting possible for the Wii? I think on the 360, the hardest setting removes the putting meter and also no putt preview. It's going to be tough with no putt preview, but I'll give it a shot!

p.s. can we just pm you our scores to keep this thread clean?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Can there be a separate grouping for Wii and 360 owners? I know it may be tough...but is it possible?

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

As someone who is interested in these tournaments but will be leveling up a created golfer very slowly (if at all), I appreciate the option to use a pro. However, in the cases where we use an online tourney, you can't use pros online, so can we play the course offline with the same difficulty settings, or would you prefer we actually complete the online tourney?

I like the idea of occasionally having us all use the same pro for a tourney once in a while as well.

Are we playing all 4 rounds this week? If so, are you setting deadlines for each round or do we just need to get them to you by one deadline?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

JackB1 wrote:How about you pick a different PRO for each tournament and we all play with that one?

Is "Advanced Swing Difficulty" on the 360 too? Is that the hardest setting possible for the Wii? I think on the 360, the hardest setting removes the putting meter and also no putt preview. It's going to be tough with no putt preview, but I'll give it a shot!

p.s. can we just pm you our scores to keep this thread clean?
I would like to give people the flexibility to play with characters of their choosing, but I will defer based on what people prefer.

On Wii, advanced is the hardest setting, and I think it automatically turns off putt preview, but it definitely does not remove the putt meter.

And if people want to PM their scores, that's fine with me, but I kind of assumed the thread will be a mess anyway, thus keeping anything important in an updated first post.
pigpen81 wrote:Can there be a separate grouping for Wii and 360 owners? I know it may be tough...but is it possible?
I think we could list scores separately. Should be simple enough.
webdanzer wrote:As someone who is interested in these tournaments but will be leveling up a created golfer very slowly (if at all), I appreciate the option to use a pro. However, in the cases where we use an online tourney, you can't use pros online, so can we play the course offline with the same difficulty settings, or would you prefer we actually complete the online tourney?

I like the idea of occasionally having us all use the same pro for a tourney once in a while as well.

Are we playing all 4 rounds this week? If so, are you setting deadlines for each round or do we just need to get them to you by one deadline?
I used Tiger Woods in yesterday's daily online tournament. Can you not use pros in other online tourneys? Either way, use of the online tourneys is just for ease of settings. If people prefer otherwise there's no reason they can't set up their own duplicative conditions I think.

Also, are the weekly tournaments multiple rounds? I thought they were one rounders. If they are 4-rounders, I think we won't use weekly tournaments because I envisioned our weekly tournaments being 1-rounders to keep up participation rates, but again, I will defer if the general preference is otherwise.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I'm going to be out of town until late Sunday and I'll try to give it a round that evening if not on Monday and PM my score numbers to Naples. Picking a particular PRO per week works for me.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote:
I used Tiger Woods in yesterday's daily online tournament. Can you not use pros in other online tourneys? Either way, use of the online tourneys is just for ease of settings. If people prefer otherwise there's no reason they can't set up their own duplicative conditions I think.

Also, are the weekly tournaments multiple rounds? I thought they were one rounders. If they are 4-rounders, I think we won't use weekly tournaments because I envisioned our weekly tournaments being 1-rounders to keep up participation rates, but again, I will defer if the general preference is otherwise.
Ah, I think I don't know what I am talking about. Now that I think about it, I was doing the 'Play the Pros' mode, so that probably does prevent pro usage (duh me) and it is multiple rounds.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I prefer one-rounders myself... I like the idea of using the online tourneys as well. I think only this week's PLAY THE PRO is a four-rounder, but I'm not sure.

If the created golfers had enough assignable points to start, I'd suggest that we all have a second profile active that had only the initial allotment for the DSP tour... BUT they are probably too weak in the area of driving, and the starter clubs suck, so it's probably not an option like it was back in the Links days.

When I played yesterday's online tourney, using pros was an option. So that might be the way to go... an agreed upon pro.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Every online tournament I have seen says you can use either a created character or a Pro.

Also, is doesn't matter if a tournment is for 4 rounds. Just play 1 and report your score here.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

JackB1 wrote:Also, is doesn't matter if a tournment is for 4 rounds. Just play 1 and report your score here.
Yes, assuming each round has the same course conditions.

But what if player 1 played the weekly tournament on thursday, which was round 1 of the weekly tournament with weather A, and player 2 played the weekly tournament on saturday, which was round 3 of the weekly tournament with weather conditions B? I will investigate the weekly tournaments tonight to try and answer those questions. I really hope it's as simple as Jack says, which it really should be, but with TW golf and EA one never knows.

It also seems people are leaning towards use of a single pro per tournament.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I like the idea of using a particular pro and doing 1 rounders. This may actually keep me playing this thing on the wii.

I did the play the pro's last week and even though I started on Saturday it made me play my rounds in order. So I started with the first round which was Thursday on the calendar. I would think each round would have its own conditions so we could all just play the first round and it wouldn't matter what day you played because you would have to start with the first round. But just choosing a certain course/conditions and playing offline is fine with me.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

First post updated.

I think once we decide on who shall be the pro shall be, people may begin posting scores.

I don't recall off the top of my head very many of the unlocked pros by default, so shall we begin with Tiger Woods, defending US Open champ and defending Bethpage Black winner? Definitely need someone with some length on this beast.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote:...shall we begin with Tiger Woods, defending US Open champ and defending Bethpage Black winner? Definitely need someone with some length on this beast.
Sounds like a plan. I'm in!

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Perfect.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

2 affirmatives are enough for me. :)

We're ready to go.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

I should be able to give this a go.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

hope I can keep it under double digits :)

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

I'm down for this too.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sounds pretty cool.

So if we are PMing the scores does that mean crappy(my) scores will be kept hidden ala positive baseball steroid tests?

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I'm going in.....

Edit: Wow that was tough! No gridlines, No meter = TOUGH PUTTING!!!

I managed a 90 or +18 (console > 360)

Bethpage Black is a beast! Even playing as Tiger I had to club up 1 to 2 clubs from what the suggested distance was. Some greens were nightmares, while some were relatively flat. Cool thing was it was raining for the front 9 and then it cleared up on the back 9. I had to adjust my putting accordingly, as the greens got faster as they dried out.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

am I the only one playing? where's all the scores?

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Last night was a school night, Jack. Do you work from home or something? :)

Although I did do a quick practice round of Play The Pro to get more familiar with Bethpage Black, which I didn't really understand until I actually fired it up. What a great mode! My created character can't drive for sh*t, went 10 over on the front nine, but held steady on the back nine and finished +10 overall.

I'll be doing my round with Tiger tomorrow, probably.
Last edited by Slumberland on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Tournament is open through the weekend. I will put in my round this weekend and expect most other players will as well.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Slumberland wrote:Last night was a school night, Jack. Do you work from home or something? :)

Although I did do a quick practice round of Play The Pro to get more familiar with Bethpage Black, which I didn't really understand until I actually fired it up. What a great mode! My created character can't drive for sh*t, went 10 over on the front nine, but held steady on the back nine and finished +10 overall.

I'll be doing my round with Tiger tomorrow, probably.
No, but I don't have kids :)

I just played my round when I got home from work, from about
7-8 pm ET. I forgot that we had all weekend to do it. I was thinking
we were doing that "Play with Pro's" one for some reason. No worries....I'm just a little anxious :) I'll probably do all 4 rounds.

You shot a 82! That's great on that course. Did you play with putt preview off and no grid lines on the green and no meter? When I played our tournament yesterday on my 360, I had no meter, no putt preview and no grid lines on the green. Is that the same for you Wii guys? It's really hard to read the greens without grid lines.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am still on the road so I played a round on the PSP with all aids off and hard level, shooting a -5. 8O. :)

Does the PSP count? :wink: