Top gear drives an F1 car

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Top gear drives an F1 car

Post by fletcher21 »

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Top gear drives an F1 car

Post by F308GTB »

fletcher21 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tsujSxgSyA

Makes it look pretty hard!
You living under a rock? That episode is well over a year old. And yes, it looks pretty hard. It's a real Catch 22 - don't have grip until the tires heat up, can't heat the tires up until you really get up to speed...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Uh, it is hard. They're the most difficult asphalt-based vehicles in the world to drive. Maybe just a step above driving a riced-out Civic with spinners and NOS.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

pk500 wrote: Uh, it is hard. They're the most difficult asphalt-based vehicles in the world to drive. Maybe just a step above driving a riced-out Civic with spinners and NOS.

Take care,
PK
Riced out? Is that you Dirty Harry? :lol:

I am sure F1 racing is tough but is it the toughest?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ygcConBiLV8&hl ... 0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="650" height="400"></embed>
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sorry, BD: I can't hide my contempt for drifting. It's automotive figure skating -- a subjective style contest.

I also despise illegal street racing. There's only one place to race -- at the track. It takes no balls to race on a street and risk the lives of many innocents.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

pk500 wrote:Sorry, BD: I can't hide my contempt for drifting. It's automotive figure skating -- a subjective style contest.

I also despise illegal street racing. There's only one place to race -- at the track. It takes no balls to race on a street and risk the lives of many innocents.

Take care,
PK
Amen. I live in a hot spot for illegal street racing and I can't even begin to describe the fury in my bones when I see two rice rockets shoot past me on a main street. Idiots.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

It's a freaking Green Machine. :lol: I was pulling your leg. I doubt you will see it make an appearance in 2 fast 2 Furious anytime soon. :wink:
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Remember as well that Hammond has no experience of any sort of racing, other than a couple of track events in an old Rover SD1 and the 24hr Endurance race they did in a BMW diesel repmobile.

Now if they'd put Stig in it, we could have judged a bit more whether he's an F1 test driver (as I believe the 'black Stig' was), or, as is suspected, is a Touring Car driver.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

davet010 wrote: Now if they'd put Stig in it, we could have judged a bit more whether he's an F1 test driver (as I believe the 'black Stig' was), or, as is suspected, is a Touring Car driver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyY_hl_hYC8

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

F308GTB wrote:

You living under a rock? That episode is well over a year old. And yes, it looks pretty hard. It's a real Catch 22 - don't have grip until the tires heat up, can't heat the tires up until you really get up to speed...
No, I just do not watch Top Gear. I saw this posted on another forum. Should have figured you guys on here who like racing had all already seen it.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

pk500 wrote:

Uh, it is hard. They're the most difficult asphalt-based vehicles in the world to drive. Maybe just a step above driving a riced-out Civic with spinners and NOS.

Take care,
PK
Damn, who filled you in?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Fletch:

I know you're a car guy, so I HIGHLY recommend you check out Top Gear. It is the best car show -- racing, passenger, you name it -- EVER on television. Very funny, very entertaining. Octane of the highest order.

Take care,
PK

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

macsomjrr wrote:
pk500 wrote:Sorry, BD: I can't hide my contempt for drifting. It's automotive figure skating -- a subjective style contest.

Take care,
PK
Amen. I live in a hot spot for illegal street racing and I can't even begin to describe the fury in my bones when I see two rice rockets shoot past me on a main street. Idiots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j96gRMKL1eM

Cops in Cali are starting to CRUSH the cars of street racers. The weird thing is, some of these cars could be parted out and sold for 15-20g+, but the cops would rather just crush them to prove a point. And most real street racers meet up at midnight or later, on deserted roads where no one is around, and no innocent person could possibly be affected. I live in a place where the closest road course is over 3 hours away. Most people won't drive 3 hours to hit the track.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

pk500 wrote:Fletch:

I know you're a car guy, so I HIGHLY recommend you check out Top Gear. It is the best car show -- racing, passenger, you name it -- EVER on television. Very funny, very entertaining. Octane of the highest order.

Take care,
PK
Is that where "the Stig" is from?

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Take care,
PK
But is it better than Pinks, hosted by Rich "mr steroids" Christenson? :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:Cops in Cali are starting to CRUSH the cars of street racers. The weird thing is, some of these cars could be parted out and sold for 15-20g+, but the cops would rather just crush them to prove a point. And most real street racers meet up at midnight or later, on deserted roads where no one is around, and no innocent person could possibly be affected. I live in a place where the closest road course is over 3 hours away. Most people won't drive 3 hours to hit the track.
Good. I hope every one of those rice rockets is smashed to dust. Morons who street race are, well, morons.

No innocent person? No girlfriends or buddies is standing alongside the road? No one is at the finish line to judge the race? No one is standing in front of the cars to start the race?

Give me a break.

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:

Take care,
PK
But is it better than Pinks, hosted by Rich "mr steroids" Christenson? :lol:
Much. I like "Pinks," but it has lost the plot since it went to the "All Out" format. Plus Rich and the cast have become rock stars too big for their guitars, and the show now is more about them than the cars and racers.

But the first two seasons of "Pinks" were great. "Top Gear" still blows it away, though.

Take care,
PK

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I miss that 1 hour highlight show they had on Speed channel for WRC. I believe it was on Sunday nights, but I know it's no longer there. Speed needs to change their name to NASCARnetwork and just stop trying to fool people into thinking that's not all they do/care about :roll:

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Take care,
PK
Hell, even my wife likes to watch the show. Great entertainment.