NBA Playoffs: Let's Tip It Off!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Lex....your boys live to see another game :)

Should be a good one down in the big "O". Lebron was unreal tonite.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Lakers in 5!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Was happy to see ORL win this series (sorry Lex). Especially in front of their hometown fans. I guess I am still a little upset the way they were carrying on while they were laying the smackdown on my Hawks. Maybe now that they are on the other end, they will be a little more respectful when they win.
I also am a big Patrick Ewing fan (huge Knicks fan in the 70s/80s) and it would be nice for him to win a Championship as an asst. coach.

Orlando in 7!

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Surprised there's not any LeBron-bashing going on in here, after he didn't shake hands with anybody or talk to the media after the loss Saturday. It was the perfect ending to an ugly night.

It took me until game six to realize Orlando really is the better team. Danny Ferry's got his work cut out for him this off-season.

I'm looking forward to watching the Finals. I'm interested to see if the Magic can stay that hot shooting threes.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

lexbur wrote:Surprised there's not any LeBron-bashing going on in here, after he didn't shake hands with anybody or talk to the media after the loss Saturday. It was the perfect ending to an ugly night.
Why? I see nothing wrong with it. The fact that the media is making a big deal about it is ridiculous. He's a competitor, he's young and stupid sometimes...who cares if he doesn't talk after the beatdown. Damn near everyone does that at one time or another...the only reason it's a big deal is because it's Lebron.

Nike should be the one apologizing for those ridiculous commercials.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
They need to do a new one, have the Kobe puppet by himself looking around the house saying, "Where's LeBron?"

Maybe have a puppet with a Superman shirt on show up.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Well the thing is he seemed to have taken it hard and he gets interviewed the next day wearing a Yankees cap.

There's no one guy in the league who can match up with Howard. But the Cavs need another athletic defender, about 6-7 or so who can guard the best perimeter players. Not just Turkolu or Lewis but also Kobe (make him work and not have to double-team him) and Carmelo.

Ariza's stock is going up and up with each playoff game, just in time to be a FA after the season.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

lexbur wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
They need to do a new one, have the Kobe puppet by himself looking around the house saying, "Where's LeBron?"

Maybe have a puppet with a Superman shirt on show up.
LOL I love it!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I don't blame him for being pissed. The Cavs were the worst 60-win team in NBA history, one legend surrounded by a bunch of B-listers. The organization hasn't shown any ability to put a championship-caliber team together. They need to pull out the stops next season or I think he will leave.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
lexbur wrote:Surprised there's not any LeBron-bashing going on in here, after he didn't shake hands with anybody or talk to the media after the loss Saturday. It was the perfect ending to an ugly night.
Why? I see nothing wrong with it. The fact that the media is making a big deal about it is ridiculous. He's a competitor, he's young and stupid sometimes...who cares if he doesn't talk after the beatdown. Damn near everyone does that at one time or another...the only reason it's a big deal is because it's Lebron.

I disagree. He is supposed to be the new face of the NBA and is a role model for so many kids. He should have stayed on the court and congratulate the Magic's players and coaches instead of running into the locker room. In the NHL, 2 teams will almost kill each other on the ice and then they line up for the handshake. It's one of the things that makes hockey great. Respect for the other team.

Db, how would you like it if you were playing a friend in tennis. You had a long, grueling match. You win in a tie-breaker and IMMEDIATLEY after the last point, your friend runs off the court...gets in his car and goes home. You wouldn't think he was a jerk?

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I thought he had just stood up the media, which I didn't mind. Snubbing the other team is a poor display.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Feanor wrote:I thought he had just stood up the media, which I didn't mind. Snubbing the other team is a poor display.
Agreed. A hallmark of the NHL postseason is the handshake line between the two teams after beating each others' brains out in a series. Happens every series among all players, regardless of the animosity level.

Lebron isn't more of a "competitor" than any of those guys, and they all do it.

I hope Orlando wins, just to spoil David Stern's perfect, made-for-TV storyline even more than Orlando did in the semis.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Wow, it really must have been a major faux pas to get PK to post in an NBA thread. :D

And, as huge of a LeBron fan as I am, even I have to admit he came off like a sore loser after the game. I've always been blown away by his maturity, professionalism and leadership abilities, especially for a kid so young, but he blew it Saturday. And what made it even worse was him defending his behavior on Sunday.

It was such a disappointing night, all the way around. :(

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

lexbur wrote:Wow, it really must have been a major faux pas to get PK to post in an NBA thread. :D

And, as huge of a LeBron fan as I am, even I have to admit he came off like a sore loser after the game. I've always been blown away by his maturity, professionalism and leadership abilities, especially for a kid so young, but he blew it Saturday. And what made it even worse was him defending his behavior on Sunday.

It was such a disappointing night, all the way around. :(
Sorry Lex...I feel your pain for sure.

Agree with above.......couldn't care less about dissing media that jumps in your face the second the final buzzer goes off. It's more about giving props to the team you just battled for 6 games. Wish them luck in the Finals and show them respect that the winners deserve. I am not going to judge Lebron by ONE action.....but unfortunately a lot of people might. I am still a huge Lebron fan in general, but he lost some points with me this past post season.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Hell, even Tyson congratulated Buster Douglas afterward.

L.James just beat two teams to get there, I know they all shook his hand after Cleveland put a beat down on them...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

JackB1 wrote:Db, how would you like it if you were playing a friend in tennis. You had a long, grueling match. You win in a tie-breaker and IMMEDIATLEY after the last point, your friend runs off the court...gets in his car and goes home. You wouldn't think he was a jerk?
Nope...not at all. If I win, that's all the "congrats" I need.

My point was this happens all the time in sports. No one even mentions it unless it's some badass star player or something. Blown WAAAAAY out of proportion. Sure, lining up after a long grueling series is the ideal, sportsmanlike display, but whatever.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

lexbur wrote:Wow, it really must have been a major faux pas to get PK to post in an NBA thread. :D
:)

I admire Lebron as an athlete, and he usually is very professional and mature. This incident was a rare exception.

But sometimes people forget the dude is just 24 years old yet carries the weight of an entire league on his chisled shoulders. He's entitled to a momentary lapse of class since he carries himself so well at all other times.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

pk500 wrote:
:)

I admire Lebron as an athlete, and he usually is very professional and mature. This incident was a rare exception.

But sometimes people forget the dude is just 24 years old yet carries the weight of an entire league on his chisled shoulders. He's entitled to a momentary lapse of class since he carries himself so well at all other times.

Take care,
PK
Totally agree. I have admired Lebron ever since he spoke out last year about what was going on in Darfur. You forget how young he still is sometimes.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

NOW Orlando goes cold.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

lexbur wrote:NOW Orlando goes cold.
lol. could be "just happy to be here" syndrome?

Hope they turn it around and make this a competitive series.
The quarterfinals were all outstanding.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Boom! Lakes win. Congrats Phil on passing "Red"...

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Congrats to the Lakers. They were clearly the superior team. Orlando surprised many with how far they got and made huge strides as a team.

I thought this year's semi final series was some of the best, most exciting basketball I have seen in a long time. It was a very entertaining playoffs all around and the NBA should be happy with the way things went, even though they didn't get the dream matchup of Lebron vs Kobe.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

I was thinking of starting an NBA off-season thread, but thought better of it. :D

Just want to say I'm excited about Shaq coming to town. And I love that they really didn't give up much... Ben Wallace, who may or may not retire, and Sasha Pavlovic, who never really seemed to live up to his potential. It was mostly about money, and that doesn't seem to be an issue with Dan Gilbert. I really wish he would buy the Tribe.

I'm anxious to see what else Danny Ferry has in mind. Rasheed Wallace's name keeps coming up. Even though I'm starting to think LeBron's not going anywhere in 2010, it sure is fun watching Gilbert and Ferry in full panic mode.

johnvon314
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by johnvon314 »

lexbur wrote:I was thinking of starting an NBA off-season thread, but thought better of it. :D

Just want to say I'm excited about Shaq coming to town. And I love that they really didn't give up much... Ben Wallace, who may or may not retire, and Sasha Pavlovic, who never really seemed to live up to his potential. It was mostly about money, and that doesn't seem to be an issue with Dan Gilbert. I really wish he would buy the Tribe.
Definitely a money move for Phoenix although they still have a pretty good stable of quality players. I hope for the Cavs sake that Shaq still has something left in the tank.

John

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

johnvon314 wrote:I hope for the Cavs sake that Shaq still has something left in the tank.

John
Yeah, it looks like Shaq and Z are both basically going to be part-timers during the regular season, to keep those two geezers fresh for the playoffs, hopefully they sign Verajao.