Race Pro WTCC MLR Series Final Round (3/30): Pau II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Race Pro WTCC MLR Series Final Round (3/30): Pau II

Post by Zeppo »

Gang:

Tonight we are ready again to run the 4th and Final Round of the DSP Race Pro WTCC Series, which will consist of 21 laps on the streets of Pau.

Please sign up below. The regular schedule will apply:

10:30pm edt the room will open and invites will be sent out; practice begins.

10:50 pm edt the practice session will end and be immediately followed by the qualifying session.

Then, a five minute break.

At 11:00 pm edt the flag will drop on the Final Round of the WTCC Series: Circuit de Pau for 21 laps with one mandatory pit stop. The pit stop can be taken on any lap except the final lap.

Qualifying should be key in this race, and any passing will more than likely have to take place in the pits. When to come in? Take tires, or just take fuel? With a pit lane so short, there may be a big advantage to be gained by not taking tires at all. Or will some have to stop early, to repair damage, scrambling the field along this very short loop?

Pau is by far the shortest circuit we've run, and with no run off anywhere and nothing but walls and high curbs and sidewalks to screw you up, it makes me really curious to see how this race develops over the long haul.

The pits on this thing are almost invisible, but right along the starting grid you will see the road widen ever so slightly to the right. Get up on the sidewalk to get into the pits.

The standings for the DEP WTCC Series are as follows:
  • WTCC Series Standings

1. CP Zeppo / 15
    2. Fshguy / 12
    3. Ragehawk / 10
    4. theycallhimsim / 10
    6. J Cauthen / 8
    7. spooky157 / 6
    8. MixDJ1 / 5
    9. Naples39 / 4
    10. MacMac858 / 4
    11. XXXIV / 4
I am hoping for a full grid for this race. If we don't have at least eight cars, I don't know if we will race. This is the end of these WTCC cars for us, and I think we will have a lot more fun with the GT Club cars now that we're more accustomed to the game.

See you online, and good luck racing!

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I should be able to make it this week.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

'Questionable'

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Hopeful.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Probable :)

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Doubtful to Out.

EDIT

I should probably clarify that I'm out of town this week otherwise I'd be there with bells on.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

More work madness so tonight is questionable for me as well. This sucks.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

With everybody doubtful or out, I'll just say I won't make it. Chances are if we had so few we still wouldn't run it, and I generally have to pull a lot of strings to try to be there. I get pissy and bitter when I bust ass to make it there and then we don't run it, so I'll save everybody the drama of having a whiny b*tch in the room and just say I'll make the next class race :D

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I can be there if needed.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Hey Zeppo, how about a generic poker night? I am up for trying one last time to get this game to work. I can't finish my review until I at least get to experience online first hand. ;)

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Folks, it doesn't look like there are enough people able to make it for us to have a race. Only three or four committed guys just ain't gonna do it.

I'm not sure if I will be able to do it next week, so we'll just have to wait and see.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Good racing last night with Vader and Zep.

We had a shut out win vs Team Beerfest. Not too shabby.

Got my first goal since september. :D ...Id like to say that thats due to playing only 3-4 nights since then or that its due to the patch but we who play know the truth...

EDIT: We need more people next time out or there wont be any more racing league :cry: ...
I love NHL 09 but I prefer to play it on hockey night. :P

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I had a feeling this game was going to fizzle out quickly. I went back to playing Midnight Club LA and was having a lot of fun. Race Pro just gives me a case of the "Blahs". The presenation is so lackluster and the racing and gameplay is so vanilla, it just doesn't grab me. Problem for me is that there are so many other racing games that I have more fun with.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That's unfortunate. Best racing game I've played on a console, easily. I understand why it's not for everybody, though. I think random poker nights are the only way to go, as there's no point in a league that may or may not actually have a schedule. I'm really bummed that it hasn't stuck around better, though. I figured it at least had the power of TOCA. That didn't have excellent presentation, either, and it managed to hang around for a long time. This has a much better driving model, yet even LESS presentation, which I guess is a big part of staying power. Can't fault people for that.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

XXXIV wrote:Good racing last night with Vader and Zep.
Damn, based on the posts I thought it was cancelled. I would have logged on if I had known.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

mixdj1 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Good racing last night with Vader and Zep.
Damn, based on the posts I thought it was cancelled. I would have logged on if I had known.
I was kidding...We only had 3 so we played hockey. :P

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:That's unfortunate. Best racing game I've played on a console, easily. I understand why it's not for everybody, though..
Yeah..Its f***in hard :)

Winning a race has never been my goal. Its just not realistic. Im just trying to survive. My challenge is to stay on the track and not cause any wrecks. ...at the end of the day I find running a clean solid race and maybe even finishing in the points in this game more rewarding than I found winning a race in Grid.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I find if you drive a clean, solid race, then the wins come automatically. It's a good goal. It will take you far!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

TCrouch wrote:That's unfortunate. Best racing game I've played on a console, easily. I understand why it's not for everybody, though. I think random poker nights are the only way to go, as there's no point in a league that may or may not actually have a schedule. I'm really bummed that it hasn't stuck around better, though. I figured it at least had the power of TOCA. That didn't have excellent presentation, either, and it managed to hang around for a long time. This has a much better driving model, yet even LESS presentation, which I guess is a big part of staying power. Can't fault people for that.
I'm playing through the career mode and this is easily the game I'm playing the most on 360.

My schedule doesn't give me many long stretches where I know I can dedicate 100% of my time to a race, so I don't make it online. But the single-player game has given me more than my money's worth, the on-track experience is awesome. I really enjoy the feeling of hustling a car through the corners--all of the GTs are a blast.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm on an extended work schedule right now, and it will be at least two more weeks before I'll have a shot at being off to race on Monday night... or really, most any other night for that matter. I work a rotating shift anyway, so even when I'm on a normal work schedule, I won't be able to make 50% of the races anyway, no matter when they're scheduled.

If Race Pro had enough of a following here to where at least 8 drivers could show up every week, it would be worthwhile. I know that I'm not going to be able to compete every week, but I really cherish the races that I'm able to make.