Tiger Woods 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Rodster wrote:Lets hope it's set at a justifiable monthly price point. :)
Indeed. It won't succeed if it is not compelling....
Divot, I know you aren't allowed to discuss this PC version yet, but can you just let us know if the difficulty level has changed at all? Better, worse, same?

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63001

'Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online' Announced
Posted on Friday, May 29 @ 05:45:24 PDT
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online is an authentic golf simulation experience that is dynamically streamed to a web browser and requires no game installation, no disc, and no additional peripherals.

“Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online is for anyone who loves golf and is on-the-go,” said Executive Producer Mike Taramykin. “Whether you have ten minutes on your PC in the office, or hours on your Mac at home, this is a golf game that makes time for you. With Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online, golf lovers can satisfy their golf fix anytime.”

Stuck at the airport waiting for a flight? If you have an internet connection, just open up your computer and fire up Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online! The game is literally just a click away and has high resolution 3D graphics, delivers a feature rich experience and will be regularly updated with new features.

At launch, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online will include several world class championship courses, such as Pebble Beach, TPC Sawgrass and St. Andrews, while additional new courses will be available on a regular basis. In addition, a fully stocked schedule of tournaments and multiple community features, allowing fans to connect and compete with friends, makes Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online a community for all golf fans. This community will help shape the game’s evolution, including features such as new course additions, pro shop items, and even tournament conditions.

Your time is at a premium and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online is designed to work around your schedule – suspend play and resume from the exact same point at a later time. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online will be the most accessible and feature-rich golf video game experience available on any personal computer.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online will be offered through a multi-tiered subscription in fall of 2009.
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

First look and screens of PC online - Ignore the wii in the link.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/tige ... id=6210494

EA Sports is taking the venerable golf series to a Web browser near you. First details inside.

You're away from home on a business trip. Or at your in-laws' house. Or enduring a grueling wait at the DMV. You're stuck. But if you've got a laptop handy and a Wi-Fi signal available, you'll be able to play a few holes in EA Sports' upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online. The game, available later this year on the PC and Mac (via a Web browser), was shown behind closed doors at EA's recent pre-E3 showcase in Los Angeles. We didn't get a chance to try it out for ourselves to see how it compares to the console version but, from the look of things, it seems that the online version will comparable and, better yet, portable.

The demo, shown running on development servers, looks as if it will be a reasonably full-featured version of Tiger straight out of the box. But unlike the old Tiger PC games, Tiger Online will run in a Web browser, with the game content streaming to your PC/Mac or laptop over your Internet connection. Based on what we saw of the demo, the graphics look comparable to what we've seen in recent console versions of Tiger and, as the producers said, the game will scale to your PC specs. Indeed, we saw two versions of the game, one running on a relatively high-end PC, the other on a more budget-minded laptop, and even the scaled-down version seemed respectable.

The real questions about Tiger Online will be how it plays and what content will be available at launch. As for the first question, we know that long-time PC golf fans will be happy to hear that both the three-click and true-swing options will be available when the game is released. As for the second question, Tiger Online will ship with six courses (to be determined), but you can expect more courses postlaunch (producers estimate one new course will be added per month). This being a server-based game, the developers plan on introducing new content to the game on a regular basis, including courses, tournaments (which, producers hope, will be able to eventually synch up to real-life PGA Tour events), as well as smaller features that currently exist on the console game, such as the club tuner.

Of course, all of those new add-ons will probably cost you. Although details on how much you'll be paying to play Tiger Online are still under wraps, producers did say that they are planning a subscription-based fee for access to Tiger Online (though they are also planning a free-to-play version). For virtual golfers looking to get in for the long haul, Tiger Online looks like an interesting premise. Not only will you be able to check your online stats at any time via a Web site, but you can also shut down the game even mid-hole and return to your round the next time you fire up your browser.

Could Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online end up being the ultimate version of Tiger? That will depend on a number of factors, including the frequency of additional content, the system requirements, and, of course, how much it will cost to play. Expect those answers in the coming months as the game prepares to go into public beta this fall. In the meantime, follow the game's progress on GameSpot's sports gaming blog.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm already a little confused about how it will work, as the gamespot piece talks about how it looks different on PC setups. I thought if it was 'cloud' computing through a web browser it is rendered remotely and variance in your home setup wouldn't make much of a difference (if any).

Most of my interest in this game is precisely because I don't have a laptop capable of running games and this sounds like an intriguing option, but I still want it to look decent if I'm paying monthly fees.

I'll also be very interested to see how courses are added. How often, microstransactions...etc. I assume this will mean the end of user-made real courses like Augusta, because all courses will be hosted on EA Sports servers and they won't let unlicensed courses reside there.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Naples39 wrote:Kotaku has re-posted the story on the PC version. Does that mean you can comment on anything Tim?
The beta has been out for over a week and was limited to about 50 people. The intent of the beta was to see if the game could be deliverable through the streaming format over the web at playable framerates. I can tell you the game plays VERY well on my desktop and not quite as well on my laptop, but it is VERY scalable to the hardware and to be honest, plays better on my laptop than TW08 for PC does. Load times used to be around 10-20 seconds per hole. Today they released an update that I am now seeing an average of 1-2 second load times. They are working to make load times non-existent on broadband connections.

So far the beta is sparse with just Tiger as a character and one course so far. I am really impressed with what they have delivered so far as it is light years from what I saw in February. They have a whole slew of features to add in subsequent betas and I encourage everyone here to go ahead and sign up for the current beta which ends Sunday. There will be another beta in a couple of weeks from then.

That is about all I can say within NDA at this time, but it appears Brent has got you all fixed up with lots of goodies on the game....enjoy!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Naples39 wrote:I'm already a little confused about how it will work, as the gamespot piece talks about how it looks different on PC setups. I thought if it was 'cloud' computing through a web browser it is rendered remotely and variance in your home setup wouldn't make much of a difference (if any).

Most of my interest in this game is precisely because I don't have a laptop capable of running games and this sounds like an intriguing option, but I still want it to look decent if I'm paying monthly fees.

I'll also be very interested to see how courses are added. How often, microstransactions...etc. I assume this will mean the end of user-made real courses like Augusta, because all courses will be hosted on EA Sports servers and they won't let unlicensed courses reside there.
The game is extremely scalable to your hardware. Try it out and see. I run the game at 1920x1200 at 55-60 fps at the highest quality settings (with AA and AF) on my desktop and the same framerates at 1440x900 on my laptop (which has an nVidia 9600 GT with 512 MB VRAM) at just above medium quality settings.

I can't comment on courses, but I would not rule out the end of user-created courses....that is all I can say about this at this time....

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Thanks for the comments Tim. Trying to sign up for the beta now.
I can't comment on courses, but I would not rule out the end of user-created courses....that is all I can say about this at this time....
I could easily see them go forward with user 'fantasy' courses, but my question specifically pertains to user 'real' courses (aka Augusta 20XX by Ken McHale). I guess I'll just wait and see.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

how do you sign up for the beta?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

fsquid wrote:how do you sign up for the beta?
http://betasignup.tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/

I completed all the steps but received an error message at the end of the process and haven't received any confirmation emails. I was going to try again but apparently the server is getting hammered now and I can't login.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Naples39 wrote:
fsquid wrote:how do you sign up for the beta?
http://betasignup.tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/

I completed all the steps but received an error message at the end of the process and haven't received any confirmation emails. I was going to try again but apparently the server is getting hammered now and I can't login.
I guess there was some confusion created by my post and Peter Moore's blog. They are taking signups for the beta, but it won't be an open beta for some time yet. The current beta ends this coming Sunday and then they will have another closed beta starting a couple of weeks later lasting for a couple of weeks after that. Then they will shut down that beta and possibly have an open beta some time starting in July. My apologies if I misled anyone that you could play the current beta....

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Confusion aside, I was able to signup for the beta this weekend. Hopefully I can get in on one of the closed betas whenever the next one starts.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Naples39 wrote:Confusion aside, I was able to signup for the beta this weekend. Hopefully I can get in on one of the closed betas whenever the next one starts.
Good to hear....the current one ends today and the next one begins in a few weeks....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just curious are you guys using the 360 controller or a mouse for the PC version.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Mouse and Keyboard at this point....

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I've always been a big fan of the mouse swing. If I wanted dual-analogue I'd pick it up for 360.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

doesn't those HUGE clubheads bother anyone?

they look riduculous and make the game look like Hot Shots golf.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Any info/impressions from E3?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

JackB1 wrote:doesn't those HUGE clubheads bother anyone?

they look riduculous and make the game look like Hot Shots golf.
Didn't really notice til I read this. i played the demo (360) and loved it. 1st day purchase for me...

One thing I thought was interesting "Powered by the Weather Channel, real-time weather now has a major effect on gameplay conditions. If it's raining in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl, then you too can face the challenge of a rain-soaked TPC Sawgrass." Does this mean we'll playing in the snow on certain courses in December??? :wink:
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

greggsand wrote:Does this mean we'll playing in the snow on certain courses in December??? :wink:
No. I believe you would play in rain instead....

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

DivotMaker wrote:
greggsand wrote:Does this mean we'll playing in the snow on certain courses in December??? :wink:
No. I believe you would play in rain instead....
Damn, no Canadian-Golf mode...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Which version will have the most courses included in the game, is it still the Wii version?

Oh Amazon is offering the TW 10 Wii Bundle (Motion Plus) for $56.99

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:Which version will have the most courses included in the game, is it still the Wii version?

Out of the box? The Wii. I am guessing that DLC will be much better this year with more courses than the past 2 years....don't have a number yet, but I am guessing the final tally will be pretty competitive between the 360/PS3 vs. the Wii....of course the Wii will be the cheaper version to play...but if the 360/PS3 versions offered from 6-8 courses (speculative guess based on what I heard at TW COmmunity Day), I would be thrilled.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:
Rodster wrote:Which version will have the most courses included in the game, is it still the Wii version?

Out of the box? The Wii. I am guessing that DLC will be much better this year with more courses than the past 2 years....don't have a number yet, but I am guessing the final tally will be pretty competitive between the 360/PS3 vs. the Wii....of course the Wii will be the cheaper version to play...but if the 360/PS3 versions offered from 6-8 courses (speculative guess based on what I heard at TW COmmunity Day), I would be thrilled.
Thanks 8)

I just ordered the Wii TW10 Bundle. I'm interested to see how the PC version turns out. Divot are you able to discuss PC system requirements yet? I'd like to have an idea what CPU, Videocard etc it'll take to run it on my PC.