The really great TV thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The really great TV thread

Post by wco81 »

Speaking of this topic, really enjoying Slow Horses these days.

WL was fun and The Last of Us is suppose to be a big deal. Never played the game and got fed up with The Walking Dead so not sure what to think but the guy who did Chernobyl limited series on HBO is the show runner.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My recent tv viewing...

The second season of White Lotus was excellent. Just a wonderful cast and great story lines. Beautiful scenery. 9/10.

Watched both seasons of Industry on HBO Max. It was entertaining, if somewhat a little confusing when it came to the business dealings. Great cast, perhaps a bit overly sexualized for no other reason than to be risque. Not that I complained too much. :wink: 7/10.

I'm currently watching Tulsa King on Paramount+. It took a few episodes for me to not think of Sylvester Stallone as Rocky in this role. The story is decent, humorous, and can then be a little dark. It certainly isn't taking home any awards, but it's a fun watch nonetheless. 7.5/10.

Really struggling to get through this season of Yellowstone. My wife and I are a couple episodes behind. It feels a bit over the top with John Dutton now playing a Governor. He would seem to have a number of skeletons in his closet that he'd never get a sniff of being elected. Acting is still good, but the show seems to be running out of steam. 6.8/10

On episode 4 of Andor on Disney+. Very much enjoying this show so far. Quite different than your typical Star Wars show or movie. Started out slow, but it has kept my interest. I have 13 days to get through the season until my subscription expires. 8/10.

Going to get back to Wednesday on Netflix at some point. I've watched a few episodes and it's been a fun watch thus far. I never watched the Addams Family growing up. I was always a Munsters fan.

Looking forward to the second season of Your Honor this coming weekend. Anything with Bryan Cranston gets my attention.

After Andor, I think I'll turn my attention to Welcome to Wrexham.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

The Last of Us is getting a lot of hype now.

Rave reviews all around.

Made by the same guy who made Chernobyl mini series.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Masters of the Air, the next installment in the Band of Brothers realm, launches tonight at midnight on Apple TV+. I have been anxiously awaiting its debut. Band of Brothers and The Pacific are two for the greatest series to ever grace a TV. Masters of the Air has big shoes to fill but I am sure Spielberg add Hanks will deliver. Pumped to watch it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Really enjoyed season 5 of Fargo. Great cast including Juno Temple and Jon Hamm.

Also finished Reacher. It was fine. I don't get the hype for the show. The acting is poor and many of the action sequences are so incredibly unrealistic.

Looking forward to Masters of the Air as well. My nephew's best friend worked on the show for several months behind the scenes doing editing.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The new True Detective is solid.