The really great TV thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The really great TV thread

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Netflix -Black earth rising. very good i thought.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Russian Doll on Netflix was an excellent binge watch for the wife and me. It's reminiscent of a darker Groundhog Day but with enough twists and sharp performances by its cast to make it unique and entertaining in its own right.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I'm just catching up on The Good Place.

Didn't know it was done by the same guy who did Parks and Recreation.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Umbrella Academy on Netflix is a enjoyable watch if you want some dark sci-fi, fantasy. Episodes 7 and 8 get a little shaky but 9 and 10 put it back around.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
GameSeven wrote:HBO has early access to S3E5 of True Detective, which has had a fantastic third season.

Season 2 was a considerable letdown, but the pairing of Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff is rivaling the chemistry of season 1's tandem, in my opinion.

And nice to see Scoot McNairy with another gig after the excellent Halt and Catch Fire.
Absolutely LOVING True Detective. Tremendous start to the third season. I didn’t watch last season but season 3 has been awesome so far.
Season finale is on this Sunday. If you haven’t been watching this series you are missing something special. Can’t wait for Sunday night.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Stranger Things season 3 available tonight at midnight. I love this show. The kids in the show are the age I was in the early 80’s. Love the show.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Diablo25 wrote:Stranger Things season 3 available tonight at midnight. I love this show. The kids in the show are the age I was in the early 80’s. Love the show.
Just finished it . Another great season , great characters. Gonna have to move to the 90"s for the next one they are all getting a little to mature :D

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Stranger Things season 3 available tonight at midnight. I love this show. The kids in the show are the age I was in the early 80’s. Love the show.
Just finished it . Another great season , great characters. Gonna have to move to the 90"s for the next one they are all getting a little to mature :D
This season was set in 1985 so they won’t be jumping ahead 5 years. They will progress a year to 1986 or 1987 to account for the young characters growing up. I love the 80’s vibe.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Finally finished up the Sopranos. Can't believe it took me a couple starts and stops to finally watch it all the way through. Definitely in my top 3 shows ever.

The struggle is trying to find a show to replace the Sopranos. Obviously, very few shows measure up or ever will. I watched an episode of Succession and came away underwhelmed. Maybe I'll come back to it eventually. The characters didn't really grab me. Anyways, I heard some good things about the Boys on Amazon. It's only been a couple episodes, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I like the twist on the Super Hero story. Very engaging and it has the right amount of violence, language, sex, humor, etc.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Yellowstone on the Paramount Network is my current favorite show on cable tv right now, binged watched the first season which was 9 episodes in one sitting a couple months ago, season 2 finale is Wednesday night and the show is already renewed for a 3rd season. Hour episodes go by just as fast as Game of Thrones did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYyuupyWmA
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Contemplated a new thread but decided to go here.

I really liked The Mandalorian on Disney + although I'm not a fan of only releasing weekly episodes.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Episode 1 was very good. I don’t mind the weekly release. Word is they are limiting spoilers, etc.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Danimal wrote:Contemplated a new thread but decided to go here.

I really liked The Mandalorian on Disney + although I'm not a fan of only releasing weekly episodes.
They want you to subscribe forever! :) Plus, the nerds would burn through all 8 episodes in about a day if the season was released all at the same time.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I like the weekly episode drop. I always think about how different Game of Thrones would be perceived and "talked about" if they just dropped a whole a season on some Friday afternoon. I can't imagine it negatively affects anyone's desire to sign-up for the service or not.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I really enjoyed the first ep of The Mandalorian. Lots of little references and nods to original trilogy, and nails the tone of a Western/Samurai story set in a gritty Star Wars universe. It felt like Clint Eastwood stalking around.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

sportdan30 wrote:Finally finished up the Sopranos. Can't believe it took me a couple starts and stops to finally watch it all the way through. Definitely in my top 3 shows ever.

The struggle is trying to find a show to replace the Sopranos. Obviously, very few shows measure up or ever will. I watched an episode of Succession and came away underwhelmed. Maybe I'll come back to it eventually. The characters didn't really grab me. Anyways, I heard some good things about the Boys on Amazon. It's only been a couple episodes, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I like the twist on the Super Hero story. Very engaging and it has the right amount of violence, language, sex, humor, etc.
Succession really improves about 3-4 episodes into the first season when Logan, the father, recovers from his stroke and takes over.

He’s a dominating personality, an alpha whose children have more fragile egos. Kind of like Tony Soprano compared to his kids, especially AJ.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:Finally finished up the Sopranos. Can't believe it took me a couple starts and stops to finally watch it all the way through. Definitely in my top 3 shows ever.

"Billions" on Showtime. Great show. Juicy, soapy, full of back-biting, double-dealing, money, power and sex.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:"Billions" on Showtime. Great show. Juicy, soapy, full of back-biting, double-dealing, money, power and sex.
Co-signed 100%. Probably in my top 5 favorite shows ever.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Murph wrote: They want you to subscribe forever!
Bingo!

Disney is all about the $$$ baby. They dont want you doing the free trial thing or the one month thing.

Which is a great idea for The Witcher series and the Irishman film on Netflix next month. 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime and it was another great season. Highly recommend it. Krasinsky does a hell of a job as Ryan.

Also, I am on episode 4 of For All Mankind on AppleTV+ and it’s solid. Very pleased with it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Disney+ is fantastic. Thankfully we have Verizon unlimited so it's free for a year.

With Hulu live and D+ I'm enjoying TV quite a bit.

The Mandalorian has been great so far.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:Just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime and it was another great season. Highly recommend it. Krasinsky does a hell of a job as Ryan.
I started but by episode 5 or maybe 6 I was just like who cares about this plot line. I loved season 1 but I really haven't had a desire to watch the final few episodes.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Just finished season 2 of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime and it was another great season. Highly recommend it. Krasinsky does a hell of a job as Ryan.
I started but by episode 5 or maybe 6 I was just like who cares about this plot line. I loved season 1 but I really haven't had a desire to watch the final few episodes.
I agree. Season 2 is not working for me like season 1 did.

I thought it was just me as I do have a problem getting kick started.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

XXXIV wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I agree. Season 2 is not working for me like season 1 did.

I thought it was just me as I do have a problem getting kick started.
Personally I'm tuning out Jack Ryan now. I finished season 2 but it failed to suspend my disbelief. Character actions a little inexplicable to me, gets too far fetched (c'mon, 4 person team--including 2 non-soliders--landing on presidential palace and mowing through dozens of guards and almost murdering foreign president?), I hate plot devices like Greer hiding his heart condition and putting everyone else at risk, and I actually lol'ed at the final twist with the corrupt US senator

I also just don't like Jack Ryan as a person in this show lol. Holier than thou, I know better than everyone else, kinda flat personality...
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just going to copy and paste what I posted on Twitter about The Witcher on Netflix

Seen 3 episodes of the The Witcher, love it. You know how you know its good all these "woke" gaming sites are complaining about it. "Not close enough to the game and books." The hypocrisy is not lost on me they attack those people who make the same complaints about Star Wars.
Follow Me on: