NCAA League (360) Regular Season thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

NCAA League (360) Regular Season thread

Post by Jared »

The NCAA league has started. First game night is Thursday, July 26th, at 9pm EST.

Teams and conferences are set for this season. First, here are the conferences

Here are the conferences:

Eastern Conference - 10 teams

Dieselboy - UL Lafayette
Leadfoot - Temple
TCrouch - Kent State
XXXIV - Miami OH
Jared (JaredM) - MTSU
RobVarak - Bowling Green
Zeppo - Duke
Teal - Mississippi St
NYIsles - Marshall
Mutts - Akron

Western Conference - 11 teams

Blublub - Nevada
Boltman - San Jose St
Danimal - Fresno St
JonDiehl - New Mexico
ScoopBrady (Scoop Brady) - N Texas
Seminole - Arkansas St
Spanner - Kansas
TheTruth (HOGZ TheTruth) - Tulsa
Vader - Air Force
RustedWalleye - Baylor
Badgun - Idaho *

For the season, each team will play the other team once. The basic schedule is up:

NCAA League Schedule

Find out if your team plays another by reading it from left to right. For example, UL Lafayette plays Temple at home, Kent St. away, etc.

Basic league rules:

6 minute quarters
All-American
Play at the stadium of the home team in the schedule
Please use your team's playbook
If you have a headset, please play with it on

The regular season will consist of every team playing every other team in their conference once, according to the schedule. After the regular season is over, there will be a bowl game; where teams with the same ranking in each conference will play against each other (#1 in East vs. #1 in West, #2 in East v. #2 in West). Tiebreakers will be decided by head-to-head competition. Multi-way tiebreakers (3 teams or more) will be decided by head to head...and if not decided by that, will be decided by points scored:points allowed ratio in the games involving the teams with the same record. If people have ideas for bowl games (i.e. #10 v #10 is the Toilet Bowl), let me know. Also, is it possible to play at neutral sites online?

As for getting games in, I'll set benchmarks for setting that up (i.e. please finish x games by a specific date). Games can be played in whatever order people want. Feel free to go ahead of various benchmarks.

I'll try and get up a league module on the site. In the meantime, post your scores in the NCAA League results and scheduling thread. Game reports are encouraged, but not mandatory.

Based on the poll results, we will not keep track of injuries.

You can start playing now. And our first game night will be Thursday (7/26). Game night attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory.

Please post with any questions or anything else. Good luck.
Last edited by Jared on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

schedule link is not working..

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Thanks. Schedule works now.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Since this is my first go-round in a DSP league, I need to ask a stupid question. What's the protocol for setting up games? Do I send a private message to all the coaches on my schedule letting them know that I am available to play tonight, or do I do it publically in this thread?

Al

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Publicly let people know that you're available in the thread. Privately work out times and what not via PM.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Thanks Jared.

Anyone from the east want to take on Temple tonight? (7pm PDT/10pm EDT)

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Blublub

My first game is away against Nevada, let me know if you want to get our game in tomorrow, Fri, or Sat.

BTW Jared (forgive me if you already posted it and I missed it). Are we just keep track of just wins and losses? Or stats, scores, as well?

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

Spanner and myself are working tonight so no go for either of us, but how will game night work? Will there be a room setup in a lobby with a pass for us all to meet in? Info please :D
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Boltman wrote:Blublub

My first game is away against Nevada, let me know if you want to get our game in tomorrow, Fri, or Sat.
FYI - there is no "first" game, it seems there is no weekly schedule, you just need to play everyone in your division one time, in whatever order... otherwise we'd all have Blublub in wk1 for the West division. :wink:
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

jondiehl wrote:

FYI - there is no "first" game, it seems there is no weekly schedule, you just need to play everyone in your division one time, in whatever order... otherwise we'd all have Blublub in wk1 for the West division. :wink:

LMAO, sorry for looking like a moron, did not look at anyone elses schedule but mine.

I change my statement to anyone want to play SJSU anytime tomorrow? The earlier the better. Going in the morning tomorrow to get 6 staples removed from the back of my head. I'll be home most of the day after that.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

BTW Jared (forgive me if you already posted it and I missed it). Are we just keep track of just wins and losses? Or stats, scores, as well?
Play the games in whatever order you want...just try and keep with the correct home/away format.

As for game results, I'll try and get up league software sometime soon (though that may not happen until next week). If I don't get league software up, I'll keep track of standings in this thread. In the meantime, post your game scores (and any game report if you want) in this thread.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Jared wrote:

Play the games in whatever order you want...just try and keep with the correct home/away format.

As for game results, I'll try and get up league software sometime soon (though that may not happen until next week). If I don't get league software up, I'll keep track of standings in this thread. In the meantime, post your game scores (and any game report if you want) in this thread.
Cool Thanks Jared.

Side note: seems like years and years ago since I played you online in WE.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I'll send friend requests out tonight for those in my division and see if anyone is around...

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

jondiehl wrote:otherwise we'd all have Blublub in wk1 for the West division. :wink:
Bring it on! I'll dispatch all comers like scrubs in a Bruce Lee movie! ;)

Actually, I'll try to be there tomorrow for "game night" and would love to get in as many games as possible.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Kent State fights back from a 14-3 halftime deficit to take down Duke 24-17 in the season opener for both teams.

Duke found early success with long drives and easy third down conversions, while Kent State seemed to step on themselves more often than not. Coach Zeppo cautioned his players early..."it's early. Don't get too excited. Don't find a way to throw a pick or fumble or something and lose the game".

How prophetic it would be.

Driving at the Duke 28 yard line and tied at 17-17, Kent QB Julian Edelman locked in on Cameron Bobb, forcing an out route that he never saw the corner on, resulting in an interception with just over a minute left that saw Duke players celebrating and Kent players slouching.

Less than 2 plays later, Duke QB Thaddeus Lewis forced a play of his own, but Kent FS Nico Murray nabbed the ball at the Kent 40 and took it to the house to put Kent ahead 24-17 for with just over :30 remaining. Kent wouldn't allow Duke another completion, with the game ending on a busted play when Lewis thought the play was an Option pass, but it was in fact an option run.

Hell of a game, Zep. You've probably ruined me for the rest of the season...that was epic. Never felt so down, so high when I took the lead, only to throw a pick and get back down, and then jump out of my chair with that last INT. Crazy, crazy game!

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Blublub wrote:
jondiehl wrote:otherwise we'd all have Blublub in wk1 for the West division. :wink:
Bring it on! I'll dispatch all comers like scrubs in a Bruce Lee movie! ;)

Actually, I'll try to be there tomorrow for "game night" and would love to get in as many games as possible.
Sounds awesome, I may do the same.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

TCrouch wrote:Kent State fights back from a 14-3 halftime deficit to take down Duke 24-17 in the season opener for both teams.

Duke found early success with long drives and easy third down conversions, while Kent State seemed to step on themselves more often than not. Coach Zeppo cautioned his players early..."it's early. Don't get too excited. Don't find a way to throw a pick or fumble or something and lose the game".

How prophetic it would be.

Driving at the Duke 28 yard line and tied at 17-17, Kent QB Julian Edelman locked in on Cameron Bobb, forcing an out route that he never saw the corner on, resulting in an interception with just over a minute left that saw Duke players celebrating and Kent players slouching.

Less than 2 plays later, Duke QB Thaddeus Lewis forced a play of his own, but Kent FS Nico Murray nabbed the ball at the Kent 40 and took it to the house to put Kent ahead 24-17 for with just over :30 remaining. Kent wouldn't allow Duke another completion, with the game ending on a busted play when Lewis thought the play was an Option pass, but it was in fact an option run.

Hell of a game, Zep. You've probably ruined me for the rest of the season...that was epic. Never felt so down, so high when I took the lead, only to throw a pick and get back down, and then jump out of my chair with that last INT. Crazy, crazy game!

I love it! I am stuck at work but found myself viewing my friends list and refreshing every 5 min or so. I figured you were playing a league game but wasn't sure. Nice write up, I hope everyone gets on board with a quick synopsis of their ball games. Any Replays? :P

Speaking of replays, Jared, did you find anything out about being able to use the embedded html for brightcove.com ?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I'll be there tomorrow night for a game against anyone in the Western conference.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah where are the replays? :)

Actually we will probably need to find a free flv converter. Which is easier said then done.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

Danimal wrote:Yeah where are the replays? :)

Actually we will probably need to find a free flv converter. Which is easier said then done.
So far the easiest thing is to just download them off the easportsworld website, then upload them to this site www.brightcove.com
That site is free and similar to youtube, BUT the video quality is superb AND there is no conversion needed. Just upload the flv file and be done with it. You can then post a link OR there is a feature when you can copy the code to embed the video on websites and blogs. The problem is its not working for DSP. Works like a charm at OS (check this easportsworld.com thread and look at the last page as this wasn't figured out until like page 41.)

I also have an FLV player that is free but its easier to share the way I mentioned above. As far as the converter, I DL'd one and found a universal registration code (pm me if you are interested in that)

Here is a link to my videos (still need to upload the one I saved of Zep throwing a pick to my DE for six pts. a few nights ago)
http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?tit ... &lineup=-1

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was thinking if you could convert them then you could do like a league website or something. I mean not in this case, but whatever
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

Danimal wrote:I was thinking if you could convert them then you could do like a league website or something. I mean not in this case, but whatever
Ok, I see what you mean. Not sure how we should go about it, but I am loving the whole highlight system and think it would really add to the league. Just to see a few replays of the big moments.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

Danimal wrote:Yeah where are the replays? :)

.flv? is VLC not one? or just a player? Either way.....

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I don't know if I'm gonna be available at all Thursday night, but may be able to play a game Friday or Saturday night, if anyone's interested in whipping Miss State's ass anytime soon... :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

New Mexico - 35
Fresno State - 31

More details later, including some highlight video (hopefully, if it works). We both had some spectacular TD's that we'll be wanting to show off....

GG DAnimal.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]