2007 NBA Playoffs

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Looks like Kobe retracted his trade request. What a drama queen. The interesting thing that came out in all this is that he never wanted to break up the Shaq-Kobe duo. Shaq even corroborated this. Jerry Buss is having himself a bad week, that's for sure.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

Goodness gracious. LeBron was unreal last night. Simply unreal. It wasn't an understatement by Steve Kerr to say he put on a Jordan-esque performance. I couldn't believe what I was seeing from him.

Kruza

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else can you say?!?!?!

I was at this bar in my neighborhood last night, the place was PACKED and NOBODY sat down for at least the last hour of that game, everyone screaming at the top of their lungs!!!!! My ears are still ringing!!!

What a GREAT F*ING NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

(Man Kruza, thanks with that Tribe win another rough night for Detroit! Sorry about that.)

:D :D :D :D

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lex...wanna know something funny? The other night, I was at the bar with my bro who was visiting for the weekend. We were watching Game 3 and it was in the 3rd quarter. I said, I'm not sure that Lebron deserves all the hype that he gets. He really hasn't done anything and I don't know if he really WANTS the shot at the end of the game. He then proceeds to go on this ridiculous tear where he has just been ridiculous. Taking over games in the 4th and putting the team on his back...stuff I hadn't seen him do before in the playoffs. So basically what I'm trying to say...is you're welcome. Now everytime Lebron goes nuts, I get text messages from my bro calling me an idiot. LOL...which is good for the Cavs fans.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

LOL!!! That's awesome, DB. I guess I owe my gratitude!!!

Man, what a night last night. I will never forget it!

Everybody around here is so pumped. Not alot of work getting done in the office today. But I'm already starting to worry about tomorrow night. Us Cleveland fans have been kicked in the nuts soooo many times. WE GOTTA KNOCK 'EM OUT TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

If we win tomorrow, this whole town is gonna BLOW THE F* UP!!!!!!! :D

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

lexbur wrote:LOL!!! That's awesome, DB. I guess I owe my gratitude!!!

Man, what a night last night. I will never forget it!

Everybody around here is so pumped. Not alot of work getting done in the office today. But I'm already starting to worry about tomorrow night. Us Cleveland fans have been kicked in the nuts soooo many times. WE GOTTA KNOCK 'EM OUT TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

If we win tomorrow, this whole town is gonna BLOW THE F* UP!!!!!!! :D
Cavs have never been to the finals right? I remember they had good teams back in the 90s but would always lose to Jordan's teams. Even for a casual NBA fan like myself, hearing Cleveland Cavs in the NBA finals sounds foreign.

Hope they make it. One thing for sure is STern would be happy. Wade last year now Lebron this year. And he has his handpicked Spurs team in too (maybe there was more to that whole Joey Crawford suspension).

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

It'd be great to have the Cavs in the finals. I don't think though that LeBron was getting the same calls Wade was last year.

When Pistons went up like 86-81 with about 3 minutes left in the game, which had been one possession most of the second half, one of the plays was LeBron going to the hole, clearly being grabbed in the wrist by Rasheed and then being knocked to the floor and when there was no whistle, you could see he was genuinely shocked there was no call.

Later though, Cavs did get some benefit of the doubt in the OT periods and Wallace sure seemed to think he was fouled on the turnaround baseline jumper attempt on the last or next to last Pistons possession.

But Cavs have no chance against Spurs unless the NBA stacks the deck with Wade Rules again.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Inuyasha wrote: Cavs have never been to the finals right? I remember they had good teams back in the 90s but would always lose to Jordan's teams. Even for a casual NBA fan like myself, hearing Cleveland Cavs in the NBA finals sounds foreign.

Hope they make it. One thing for sure is STern would be happy. Wade last year now Lebron this year. And he has his handpicked Spurs team in too (maybe there was more to that whole Joey Crawford suspension).
Yah, I remember Price, Nance and Daughtery, they were a very good team in late 80s/early 90s. I think Mark Price is underrated, if his career was longer, he would have been as good as Stockton.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

Oh well. Congratulations to the Cleveland Cavaliers for making the NBA Finals. I will certainly be rooting for them to beat the Spurs.

Now excuse me as I go down a few beers in misery.

Kruza

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well...you can safely assume the Spurs will roll the Cavs. No way they do what they did to Detroit, to San Antonio.

ubrakto
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by ubrakto »

Yes, best of luck to the Cavs. They earned that series and then some. I was too demoralized after Game 5 to even tune into Game 6 except to check the score. I finally turned it on at the start of the 4th with the intent of watching it the rest of the way. A couple of Gibson 3's and a Rasheed implosion later I just went to bed.

But the better team won, and I'll be rooting for the Cavs in the Finals. In 2004 nobody thought the Pistons had a chance against the Lakers either.
---Todd

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Man, what an AWESOME night Saturday night was!!! :D

We were down there in that HUGE crowd watching the game on the jumbotrons they had set up outside the arena. I think there had to be more fans OUTSIDE the arena than inside, especially when the Tribe game let out and all those fans hung around to watch the end of the Cavs game. It was PACKED! Everybody went nuts, nobody wanted to leave. It was such a great atmosphere!

It's gonna be a great Finals. I don't mind that we're such huge underdogs. Nobody gave us a chance against Detroit, either. And I would not want to bet against LeBron right now!

Not to get all sentimental, but I'm 40 years old, and as a lifelong diehard sports fan, I find the older you get the harder it is not to become cynical toward professional sports and the athletes. There's SO MUCH garbage out there, everything from steroid-enhanced records being set to dog-fighting rings to just basically athletes who don't give a damn, who are only in it for the money. It gets to the point where you start to wonder why you even care in the first place.

But then a kid like LeBron comes along and reminds you why you care. In the past few months the Cavs have have just blown everyone's socks off around here. He's making us all feel like kids again. :)

(Oh yeah DB, sorry for referring to the Cavs as "we" :D )

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And the Cavs go on to prove that they were arguably the worst team to play for an NBA Championship.

And the balance of power gets even more dramatic when the Blazers and Sonics pick up Oden and Durant. Eeesh. Makes even more sense for the Bulls to try to trade for KG or Kobe...they'll be in the finals for sure next year if that's the case.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Yeah, we obviously had no business being on the same court with the Spurs this series, but I'm not complaining, it was a GREAT run by the Cavs! NOBODY expected us to go as far as we did. They really fired this town up like I haven't seen in a long time!

And a good thing about being down 0-3 in the series, ticket prices dropped considerably! The Cavs run this ticket auction website, so we waited until about 8:45 last night, and we scored four tickets for only fifty bucks a piece!!! Pretty decent seats, too. How can you beat that for an NBA Finals game? It was AWESOME being there!!! The place was nuts the whole game! The four of us can barely talk this morning, from all that screaming last night! :D

Then leaving the arena, the crowd was pretty mellow, there was a weird vibe, and then walking by Jacobs Field a few fans started chanting, "LET'S GO TRIBE!, LET'S GO TRIBE!, LET'S GO TRIBE!"

Man, we are GLUTTONS fo punishment in this town!!!! :D

It was such a great night!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

sorry Lex for your "loss".

those 2 home games certainly were "winnable", but the Cav's didn't have the ability to finnish like the Spurs did. It seemed like whenever they had a chance to go ahead or stay close, they would do something to shoot themsleves in the foot. the SPurs got way too many offensive rebounds in the last 4 minutes last night and the Cav's need a second "go to guy" other than Lebron.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

JackB1 wrote:the SPurs got way too many offensive rebounds in the last 4 minutes last night and the Cav's need a second "go to guy" other than Lebron.
Yeah, that one stretch late in the fourth quarter killed us when the Spurs had the ball for over a minute and a half. That and when LeBron dribbled the ball off his foot out of bounds, that just deflated the crowd.

Oh well. Again, I'm not complaining. It was great playoff run. But we were definitely in over our heads in this Series. Hats off to the Spurs. They played like champions. The Cavs played like a team just happy to be there.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Congrats to Spurs, but what a god awful final series. I watched the first quarter of game 1 and I just can't watch it. It was just so ugly and boring and you get the feeling that the Cavs were outclassed in every way.