Gameznflix?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Gameznflix?

Post by JackB1 »

After reading a lot of positive feedback on the gamerswithjobs site, I decided to try this one out. They are on the East coast so I should get my games faster than the usual 4-6 days it takes Gamefly. Anyone try or use them? How do they compare to Gamefly? They are a lot cheaper.
They charge less for a 3 game plan than Gamefly does for 2 games.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Sounds good about the price, but how is the selection? My worry about them is that there may be a lot of 'short wait' type deals for the titles I would want. Even though I hate the long turnaround with GameFly, they seem to keep a lot of stock of current title, and even the 'short wait' there never turns out to be too long.

Let me know how you like it, I may change it up if I hear good things.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Oh don't worry...they will overcharge you and take forever to both cancel and refund your money. I wouldn't touch that place with a ten foot pole. If you want a cheaper alternative to Gamefly, use Gamerang. It's a little cheaper and just as reliable.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I was a member earlier in the year and canceled do to the short wait crap which all their games seem to have. I signed up again a couple of weeks ago to give them another try since there is alot of stuff I want. I had to add games to my que that I did not want just to try and get something. They mailed out 2 games to me last Friday and I still have not gotten anything. I will be canceling after this month is over. They suck. Gamefly sucks too for east coasters even with fast ship. I need to give gamerang a try. If netflix would get into the game business all the other companies would go away.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

gameznflix definitely doesnt have the selection that gamefly does, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative it might be OK. I will let you know how my trial period goes. I do however like gamefly's used game prices. I havent tried gamerang yet.

bdunn13 wrote:I was a member earlier in the year and canceled do to the short wait crap which all their games seem to have. I signed up again a couple of weeks ago to give them another try since there is alot of stuff I want. I had to add games to my que that I did not want just to try and get something. They mailed out 2 games to me last Friday and I still have not gotten anything. I will be canceling after this month is over. They suck. Gamefly sucks too for east coasters even with fast ship. I need to give gamerang a try. If netflix would get into the game business all the other companies would go away.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

bdunn13 wrote:I need to give gamerang a try.
I live a few hours away from the Gamerang warehouse and it routinely took 4 or 5 days for each leg of the trip. That's bullsh*t. Based on my perfect ebay feedback, when I mail games they usually take 2 or 3 days to get to any destination. I bought something on ebay on a Saturday recently and got it on Monday via first class mail! Gamerang must have been letting them sit before scanning them back in the system as received or they were reporting bogus dates on the web site to make it look like shipping was the holdup. I think Gamerang was doing this to increase the float. I used them for a few months and then cancelled. The average turnaround was 2 weeks. It took 4-5 business days for them to receive a game I sent back, 2 days for them to send me another even if it wasn't on short wait, and then 3-5 business days back to me from NJ.

dave360
Mario Mendoza

Post by dave360 »

I had gameznflix for a month or so and got 3 games total. I cancelled after the first month.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Superman mailed Friday to me from Kentucky and it only took 2 days.. got it today.. not bad but the wait times are still bad.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

they clearly dont have the inventory that Gamefly does, but if you aren't too picky about getting high demand games, it's a nice cheaper alternative.

bdunn13 wrote:Superman mailed Friday to me from Kentucky and it only took 2 days.. got it today.. not bad but the wait times are still bad.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

On paper, they could be so good because they're listing PS3 and Wii games and now Blu-Ray and HD-DVD movies.

But the selection in those categories is nonexistent.

There is a Wikipedia entry and it lists distribution centers all over the country.

Actually tried them a couple of years ago when they started out. They took a long time to get games out and they weren't my first choices. I just canceled after the trial period.

Yeah what the hell is Netflix waiting for with games? Heard that there was a 60 Minutes feature on them recently and they showed distribution center workers just shoving discs in envelope carelessly. Maybe games are too expensive for their high-volume operations.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I checked my queue last night. They said they received Test Drive from me.. well, I have not even played the game yet, let alone returned it to them. I wonder if they will catch this.

ExtremeGamer
Mario Mendoza

Post by ExtremeGamer »

My buddy just started using them, got 2 games in about 2 days. Both scratched up beyond even able to start up in the 360. Rainbow Six looked like someone took a cheese grater to it.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I have been using them for a couple of months and haven't had any problems. One game took about 5 days to get to me (after it shipped) but other than that I have had a pleasant experience so far. I currently have R6:V and COD3 and will probably return COD this week. I have only rented new games so I guess that may be a reason I haven't seen any scratched discs. I will say this though...I wish they had a customer service telephone number to call, I sent them an email a month or so ago and have yet to get a response.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701