Madden 07 (Xbox 360) Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden 07 (Xbox 360) Thread

Post by Sully »

I ran a search, and didn't see an official thread, so I decided to start one now that impressions are starting to pop up across the web.

Shawn Drotar of OS is reporting that unlocked HOFers are appearing in the Franchise and Superstar modes.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBull ... ost2560737

Also, the guys at one of the 'fan' sites are reporting that fatigue is absent from online play.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Just a heads-up that Circuit City is selling most versions of Madden for about $12 off next week (DS might be the only exception). Seems like a really good deal for those of us without a Fry's around.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 07 (Xbox 360) Thread

Post by GTHobbes »

Sully wrote:I ran a search, and didn't see an official thread, so I decided to start one now that impressions are starting to pop up across the web.

Shawn Drotar of OS is reporting that unlocked HOFers are appearing in the Franchise and Superstar modes.

Also, the guys at one of the 'fan' sites are reporting that fatigue is absent from online play.
People over at OS are none too pleased. And people around here jump on 2k for releasing buggy messes.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

I'm probably as excited about Madden as I've been in years. I loved NCAA, and if the trend continues of Madden usually being a more refined gameplay experience of each season's NCAA, it should be really good.

What I hated the most about last year's Madden (current gen) was the braindead QB AI. You couldn't get the CPU to have a decent game unless you dumbed down your defensive awareness to braindead levels.

I was happy with the overall gameplay of NCAA and Madden should be that much better.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 07 (Xbox 360) Thread

Post by ScoopBrady »

GTHobbes wrote:
Sully wrote:I ran a search, and didn't see an official thread, so I decided to start one now that impressions are starting to pop up across the web.

People over at OS are none too pleased. And people around here jump on 2k for releasing buggy messes.
That's a pretty bad bug. I'm still not pleased about the as-of-yet unfixed running bug in the PSP version of NCAA but at least I'll be able to get $30 for it towards Madden PSP. I've probably gotten $10 of enjoyment out of it. I'm still pumped for Madden despite this bug because I don't play franchise or superstar modes. One of the main reasons I don't is it seems as if every year every sport game (no matter the publisher) has some sort of bug that ruins the experience or has the users jumping through hoops just to avoid it. I think I'd be a very unhappy sports gamer if I played those modes. Shame on EA for this bug.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

MN is reporting that fatigue is absent from the game, both online and offline. Wow.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Sully wrote:MN is reporting that fatigue is absent from the game, both online and offline. Wow.
Maybe all the players are named Floyd Landis! :lol:
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sully wrote:MN is reporting that fatigue is absent from the game, both online and offline. Wow.
How in the F could that get past beta testing?

If this is true, I think I'll cancel my pre-order. I'll wait to hear more on it, but that would be a HUGE bug for me. Your HB busts off an 80 yarder and then is still at full fatigue? Nah... not for me.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Are these reports on stoe bought versions of the game, or is like a final build?

No fatigue equals no sale for me, I don't care about online. But it will frickin ruin dynasty.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Danimal wrote:Are these reports on stoe bought versions of the game, or is like a final build?

No fatigue equals no sale for me, I don't care about online. But it will frickin ruin dynasty.
These are final retail versions of the game.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm not as hardcore as the rest of you, so it won't ruin the game for me. I'm excited to pick it up next Tuesday.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:I'm not as hardcore as the rest of you, so it won't ruin the game for me. I'm excited to pick it up next Tuesday.
There is also an issue where NFL legends players show up on teams in franchise mode and some go into the FA pool.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBull ... p?t=179362

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

this isn't as bad as the touch football bug on the NCAA version of the PSP.

but it is pretty weak.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

Both are kind of annoying. But honestly, half of this s*** that people complain about I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't hear people going into tirades on message boards.

Like gang tackling. You start to think "dammit, why isn't that in the game?" But I had to laugh when I realized I probably wouldn't have noticed it *wasn't* until everyone made a big stink about it. :lol:

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I would have bought NCAA for the PSP if it wasn't for the running bug and using last years teams in a lot of cases.

I am planning on getting Madden for the PSP (I'll stick with 2k5 for my console fix), but I will wait until the dust settles before committing to it. Thankfully, I'll be on vacation next week, and without 'net access. By the time I return I should be able to catch up on all the impressions and know if it's worth the purchase.
-Matt

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The "No Fatigue" issue is big in this game. Whether it's online or off it happens in Pro football so how could EA leave that out? Maybe they should change their logo to "EA Sports, It's in the Game :?: :?: :?: " But they'll bring it back for 08 and ignore another issue.

Here are the other issues that concern me. No editing, no Espn 2K5 like presentation :wink: , no fantasy draft, can't edit player numbers or gear so you can see what lead blocker I am, no quick audibles and formation shifts, apparently the Giants uniforms are wrong, Cardinal uniforms are wrong and no way of getting them other than a future patch. And I am still waiting for the NCAA PSP patch. But the killer for many people I would guess is the fatigue issue and the Legends thing.

For $60 bucks it might be a rental for me this year.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

MizzouRah wrote:

If this is true, I think I'll cancel my pre-order. I'll wait to hear more on it, but that would be a HUGE bug for me. Your HB busts off an 80 yarder and then is still at full fatigue? Nah... not for me.
Fatigue isn't a beta testing thing it sound more like a design deision. As for the HoF'ers being in franchise mode, that's more of whoops we didn't think about that.

I have NCAA 360. I'm happy.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'll download it

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

JRod wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Fatigue isn't a beta testing thing it sound more like a design deision. As for the HoF'ers being in franchise mode, that's more of whoops we didn't think about that.

I have NCAA 360. I'm happy.
I don't understand that design decision then. :?

Although I didn't play last year's game that much and I thought fatigue was screwed up then.

hellbent
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by hellbent »

AJColossal wrote:Both are kind of annoying. But honestly, half of this s*** that people complain about I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't hear people going into tirades on message boards.

Like gang tackling. You start to think "dammit, why isn't that in the game?" But I had to laugh when I realized I probably wouldn't have noticed it *wasn't* until everyone made a big stink about it. :lol:
I totally agree that the term "game killer" is way over-used, especially over at OS. Personally, I can deal with a lot of glitches, but things that severely affect gameplay fun or realism (for example, lack of fatigue, "the giveaway glitch" from madden 06, PSP NCAA's tackle bug) can render the game unplayable for some. I've lived with a lot of issues in EA and 2k's products over the years that were "game killers" to others, but didn't stop me from enjoying the product anyway as they didn't severely affect the gameplay itself.

The big problem I've read about so far has to do with updating rosters in the game. I absolutely, 100%, won't touch Madden 07 360 if you can't edit players this year. They've had a year of development time, and NCAA allows for (almost) full player editing already. I'd assume that if these reports are true, that EA thinks we'll be happy to shell out $60 for little more than a bug-ridden roster patch every year. Oh well, NCAA and Madden on the PC should keep me set throughout the winter...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

To go a little OT, it is times like this when I realize that sites like IGN, Gamespy and Gamespot who want to be consider legit media sources are not. A real mdia source would upon hearing this rumor immediately contact EA and get an offical response, or at the least a no comment.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

The new motto shoud be: "EA Sports. It's the only game."
-Matt

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Has there been any definitive confirmation that you will not be able to edit player ratings or have a fantasy draft? I also heard rumors that the in-game save was removed. I assume that this is only for the 360 version.

Just an FYI, last years Madden on the PSP did have a fantasay draft and plyer editing.
-Matt

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I agree with Danimal, a lack of fatigue will ruin Dynasty mode. I can live without it for online games, since those games are typically shorter, but without fatigue, you won't get proper substitutions, your backups won't get any playing time unless there's an injury, and that will screw up player progression. Unbelievable and inexcusable to get a fundamental item so wrong.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Brando70 wrote:I agree with Danimal, a lack of fatigue will ruin Dynasty mode. I can live without it for online games, since those games are typically shorter, but without fatigue, you won't get proper substitutions, your backups won't get any playing time unless there's an injury, and that will screw up player progression. Unbelievable and inexcusable to get a fundamental item so wrong.
Yep, my thoughts exactly.