So, where does Van Nistelrooy go?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

So, where does Van Nistelrooy go?

Post by pk500 »

Looks like Van Nistelrooy's tenure at Manchester United is over since he walked out on the team last weekend after being dropped for the season-ending match.

So, where does he head? He's 29 and still can score.

I wouldn't mind seeing Newcastle take a run at him, as I think his strength and skills in the box would complement the speedy Owen pretty well. But the cost might be prohibitive.

So, where is Ruud headed?

P.S.: Newcastle also could use Chimbonda of Wigan, who handed in his transfer request, on its back line. But the 6 million price tag might be a bit steep. Then again, Souness paid 8 million for f*cking Boumsong!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

devilsjaw
Mario Mendoza

Post by devilsjaw »

I thinking somewhere in Spain or Italy. Or anywhere they are playing Champions League football. PSV maybe?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

His problem with Ferguson dates back to Feb during the FA cup when they lost to Liverpool. I see his future in Spain as a team like Villareal would love his services.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: So, where does Van Nistelrooy go?

Post by Boltman »

pk500 wrote:Looks like Van Nistelrooy's tenure at Manchester United is over since he walked out on the team last weekend after being dropped for the season-ending match.

So, where does he head? He's 29 and still can score.

I wouldn't mind seeing Newcastle take a run at him, as I think his strength and skills in the box would complement the speedy Owen pretty well. But the cost might be prohibitive.

So, where is Ruud headed?

P.S.: Newcastle also could use Chimbonda of Wigan, who handed in his transfer request, on its back line. But the 6 million price tag might be a bit steep. Then again, Souness paid 8 million for f*cking Boumsong!

Take care,
PK

I absolutely love his game. I would love for my Man City to take him, but for the price he comes at, I know we are not going to make a run for him.

I'm still pissed about losing SWP, and them having to endure watching him play for fecking Chelsea!

Why the F did not Arsenal get him at least. I would not have minded that, I know they were enamored with him.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Your Man City ? Nice to see my malign influence bearing dividends :D

City won't buy him - they've already burnt £6m on an idle Greek get, and MU will want for too much for him. Word is that he'll be off to Athletico Madrid with about £7m for Fernando Torres.

SWP ? Arsenal were prepared to pay £14m for him. Once Chelsea came in with £21m, there was no way they were matching that. Just a pity that Wenger then wasted it on Alexandr Hleb instead, he could probably have had SWP for £14m this summer.

On the City front, I am gonna be bold in my predictions - Pearce won't last the season, and unless they buy about 5 players, it'll be nail-biting time down among the dead men at the end of the season.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Im suprised you dont like Samaras Dave, i thought he was nothing but class for you lads and he never wore a string hair band . I guess you could replace him with the other Philips.

Maybe times are a changing and even the british players are numb to the yelling and 100% commitment a Stuart Pierce brings. Yes lets get rid of heart and bring in some Euro Fanny, that should help the spoilt pansies that are in the Prem now.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Hleb's alright.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Im suprised you dont like Samaras Dave, i thought he was nothing but class for you lads and he never wore a string hair band . I guess you could replace him with the other Philips.

Maybe times are a changing and even the british players are numb to the yelling and 100% commitment a Stuart Pierce brings. Yes lets get rid of heart and bring in some Euro Fanny, that should help the spoilt pansies that are in the Prem now.
Samaras is the most bone-idle get I have seen for a long time. I went to City v Arsenal last week, and the contrast between him and Thierry Henri when the other team has the ballis just beyond belief. In the game against Fulham, he was so lacking in effort that Pearce took him off at half-time when he wasn't injured.

Pearce has to take some of the flak for this. He lobbied hard for this guy when Heerenveen obviously didn't need to sell him (as they'd just sold their other striker to Ajax for £5.5m), and they doubled the price to £6m and City still coughed up. He then came out to say that the lad 'wasn't the finished article' - but if City are going to be spending that sort of money, they haven't got the time or squad to invest it in rough diamonds and wait for them to come together. £6m is 'experienced international contributing now' money.

Pearce might kick every ball in his head, but when he picks odd teams, puts people out of position and fails to concentrate on the basics, then all the 'commitment' in the world won't save you.
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The latest rumours have him going to Inter Milan in exchange for Argentine E. Cambiasso. Inter's first choice would be Luca Toni from Fiorentina but if that fails the Dutch could end up there.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

10spro wrote:The latest rumours have him going to Inter Milan in exchange for Argentine E. Cambiasso. Inter's first choice would be Luca Toni from Fiorentina but if that fails the Dutch could end up there.
Last I heard he made a statement saying he was still commited to United. He said he wouldn't make a decision until after the World Cup but if things are as they are now then he will be a Red next season. I hope he ends his current contract at Old Trafford.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

I'd be surprised - once you are on the Drunk's s*** list, that's you gone, a la

Beckham
Stam
Yorke
Leighton
Bosnich

and many, many more...