Anyone picking up MLB2K6 for the 360 today?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Anyone picking up MLB2K6 for the 360 today?

Post by JackB1 »

just wondering.....

here's hoping it's a better game than the XBox version.
Anyone going to give it a shot?

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Mine is already paid for, so I'll be snagging over lunch most likely.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm picking it up as well, but I doubt it'll be today. I have $80 of credit left at this local electronics store here in St. Louis. They generally only get one or two copies of games a couple days after release.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Someone over at OS got it at Walmart last night and gave a decent review and that he was impressed and that the game delivered. Take it for what it's worth though...who knows. I'm waiting for some more reviews to pop up before I exchange Madden for it. Common sense would tell me that I'm having a great time with MVP right now and that i should just stick with it but apparently I don't have any common sense because I'm actually thinking of getting this game when i thought the Xbox version completely sucked donkey balls. It's obvious that when it comes to video games i'm a complete whore.

Tim
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Except that a whore can last more than 15 minutes, which I thought was your limit on games ;)
-Matt

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I didn't pre-order *EB/GS managers gasp*. However, if I can pickup a copy at Best Buy today I'll probably give it a shot. I'm just a sucker for baseball games and I REALLY want a next gen title to play on a TV. If this game sucks, I'll trade it in for the PS2 version of The Show to complement the excellent PSP version and reluctantly reconnect my PS2.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Count me as one of the suckers who's gonna drop the $$$ today. I'm terrified it's going to suck, but with nothing but my 360 in the arsenal and the Red Sox home opener today, i am itching for baseball. Here's hoping it's not a heaping pile of dog sh!t.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Its in my GF que.. I should have it before Halloween.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

RallyMonkey wrote:Count me as one of the suckers who's gonna drop the $$$ today. I'm terrified it's going to suck, but with nothing but my 360 in the arsenal and the Red Sox home opener today, i am itching for baseball. Here's hoping it's not a heaping pile of dog sh!t.
There's no way on this earth I will buy this title unless DSP has one glowing post after another.

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

JRod wrote: There's no way on this earth I will buy this title unless DSP has one glowing post after another.
I share this opinion.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

well i'm reading some good reviews and reading some negative reviews, trouble is, you don't know who might be bullshitting either way.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

tjung0831 wrote:well i'm reading some good reviews and reading some negative reviews, trouble is, you don't know who might be bullshitting either way.
Exactly. It's much too early to tell.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ZXLT wrote:
JRod wrote: There's no way on this earth I will buy this title unless DSP has one glowing post after another.
I share this opinion.
Yep...I trust no review sites or any other message boards. Ya want an honest review this is the place you get it...Though sometimes there can be too much honesty :P

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I haven't seen any reviews over at OS that say the 360 version is any different that the XBox version. Sounds like a direct port with slightly enhanced visuals. Hope I'm wrong.

Theo
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Theo »

It has already frozen on me twice in 30 minutes. This and NBA 2K6 are the only games that have ever frozen up. The graphics are good, not great. I need to give it more time, but that's tough if the game keeps freezing on you. I can't figure out how to pitch, and there aren't any tutorials that I can see. Any help would be appreciated.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

JackB1 wrote:I haven't seen any reviews over at OS that say the 360 version is any different that the XBox version. Sounds like a direct port with slightly enhanced visuals. Hope I'm wrong.
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. It seems for the most part the early reviews are much more positive than negative. Whereas, the Xbox game seemed to get absolute horrid reviews. Time will tell.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Theo wrote:I can't figure out how to pitch, and there aren't any tutorials that I can see. Any help would be appreciated.
It's all in the wrist. Using a frisbee-like flicking motion, you should be able to get the disk into the nearest garbage receptacle in maybe two, three attempts, tops.

:wink:

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

JackB1 wrote:I haven't seen any reviews over at OS that say the 360 version is any different that the XBox version. Sounds like a direct port with slightly enhanced visuals. Hope I'm wrong.
Honestly, I don't trust any of those reviews over at OS. I mean, one guy just posted, "One of my players had a aluminum bat and the sun beamed off of it, making it look like a light saber." Uh, no.

And besides that, none of them touch on any of the issues that concern me. I don't care if home run balls bounce off the facade in Yankee Stadium. I want to know about the pitcher-batter interface.
Last edited by ZXLT on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Theo wrote:It has already frozen on me twice in 30 minutes. This and NBA 2K6 are the only games that have ever frozen up. The graphics are good, not great. I need to give it more time, but that's tough if the game keeps freezing on you. I can't figure out how to pitch, and there aren't any tutorials that I can see. Any help would be appreciated.
That's not a good sign. Believe it or not, I've never had one 2k game freeze on me. I have read a couple people saying though that their game also froze on them, so maybe you should try to exchange it.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I've seen a few posts where it says the game has severe frame rate issues running at 1080i. This would be a game killer for me...
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I'll be on the fence and watching your impressions first. Please tell me that they have at least the latest rosters.

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

10spro wrote:I'll be on the fence and watching your impressions first. Please tell me that they have at least the latest rosters.
There's apparently a roster update online already from 3/22.

Theo
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Theo »

That's 4 freezes in 45 minutes. I give up. I guess I will buy the PS2 version.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Guys can you set fielding to auto in this game? I want to know before i buy it, I don't like fielding manually at all.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Theo
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Theo »

There is not an auto fielding option in the game.