OT: So I order the MLB Extra Innings Pkg.........

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

OT: So I order the MLB Extra Innings Pkg.........

Post by JackDiggity »

because I am a glutton for punisment. I want to watch my Reds get crushed all year. The only problem is my f***in zip code is in an area where the Reds are blacked out. WTF???

I can understand the Braves because FSS is our local sports channel,but the Reds are a whopping 361 miles away. Plus we have no local radio broadcasts of the Reds. How is this possible?

I am glad I have XM radio so I can at least hear the Reds game while I watch the other games on my pkg. Still I felt the need to rant! :wink:
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Luckily, since I was burnt with the Penguins' blackouts, I waited until the free preview to see what was blacked out.

Last year I had MLBEI and *only* the Phillies were blacked out and that makes sense. This season, the Pirates, Phillies, Nationals, and Orioles are all blacked out. There were 4 games on EI last night and 3 of them were blacked out!

What the hell happened in a year? F*ck them. I can pickup the radio broacasts after dark and I paid the $15 for MLB audio.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

That's freaking nuts.. How can they justify blacking out games in areas where there is no TV coverage of those teams? I mean, what about that makes any sense at all?

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

These packages really seem to punish people who don't live in a specific team's market.

I think Iowa gets hosed in the MLB package, too, with multiple teams being blacked out.

The rule should be that if your regional sports network doesn't cover the team, you get the MLBEI feed. I'm not sure what they think these blackouts accomplish.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Talk about bullshit. Check out the coverage maps of MLB teams.

"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

"move" in with a friend or family memeber.. Call them next week and tell them you had to move and give them a new address.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Would finding someone in Cinci and getting them a Sling Box work?

Look at Iowa--6 f*cking teams are blacked out!

Should a state like Montana really be considered anyone's home territory?

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Dave wrote:Would finding someone in Cinci and getting them a Sling Box work?

Look at Iowa--6 f*cking teams are blacked out!

Should a state like Montana really be considered anyone's home territory?
My Sling Box would work. I'll cancel my pkg and link up too my brothers TV in Columbus. Great idea! Thanks!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Just trying to help a fellow baseball fan give the finger to a fan-unfriendly system!

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Jackdog, do you by any chance have Directv? If so, you can get around the blackouts by adding the "sports" package for another 10-12 bucks per month. That is what I have had to do in the past, as my location is considered to be in the Chicago/Milwaukee/St Louis/Kansas City/Minneapolis market. 8O However, if I have the regionals sports package, I can get all of the games in with none being blacked out.

Programmed2Kill
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by Programmed2Kill »

Good thing I live in Philly 8O

That f'n sucks, brotha. Glad you got that Sling Box. I heard about them.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

Well. I feel for ya, but man did I score this year and I owe it all to the Indians. I am not sure who its with (TimeWarner maybe) but they basically got their own network station now. Well since I live in Indian's country, my cable company Adelphia (bought out by TW soon and soon changing hands) deicded to add a channel to the sports package and show EVERY Indians game. Well for a Reds fan I was like big deal, that is until opening day when the Red were on FoxSports Ohio who formally carried nothing but Tribe games in my area. I then go through the guide and see that for like the next 10 days there are atleast 6 Reds games on. I am so excited!! Now if I could just get the Browns to play well and get the Bengals off the tube LOL!!!
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

HipE wrote:Jackdog, do you by any chance have Directv? If so, you can get around the blackouts by adding the "sports" package for another 10-12 bucks per month. That is what I have had to do in the past, as my location is considered to be in the Chicago/Milwaukee/St Louis/Kansas City/Minneapolis market. 8O However, if I have the regionals sports package, I can get all of the games in with none being blacked out.
Thats what I did when I had DTV, they have 2 Foxsports Ohios. one for cincy and one for Clev.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

bdunn13 wrote:"move" in with a friend or family memeber.. Call them next week and tell them you had to move and give them a new address.
I tried to cancel my NHL package earlier this year and they told me that it was non-refundable and non-transferrable.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

HipE wrote:Jackdog, do you by any chance have Directv? If so, you can get around the blackouts by adding the "sports" package for another 10-12 bucks per month. That is what I have had to do in the past, as my location is considered to be in the Chicago/Milwaukee/St Louis/Kansas City/Minneapolis market. 8O However, if I have the regionals sports package, I can get all of the games in with none being blacked out.
Do you have to buy the sports package and MLB EI to get the games?

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Leebo33 wrote:
Do you have to buy the sports package and MLB EI to get the games?
Unfortunately, you do.

I decided not to get EI this year, since the Pirates are always out of it by June and then I never end up watching anything other than Cubs games, which I get locally. I did however add the sports package for this week, so that I could watch the first few Pirates games during the EI free preview. At this rate, they will be out of contention by the end of the preview on Sunday, and I will have had my fill of watching them play.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

I do have DirecTv and gave this a try last night. It didn't work for me. I think it's because our home market team down here is the Braves.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Programmed2Kill wrote:Good thing I live in Philly 8O

That f'n sucks, brotha. Glad you got that Sling Box. I heard about them.
No doubt! It save my arse when I was in Italy. I am going to head north this week and connect up with my brother. He gets both the Reds and Indians as his home market teams.

Because I love baseball so much I am going to keep the MLB pkg.

Hope all is well with you!

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Leebo33 wrote:
bdunn13 wrote:"move" in with a friend or family memeber.. Call them next week and tell them you had to move and give them a new address.
I tried to cancel my NHL package earlier this year and they told me that it was non-refundable and non-transferrable.

I was not saying to cancel... Just change your address so your blackout rules change.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

bdunn13 wrote:I was not saying to cancel... Just change your address so your blackout rules change.
Are you suggesting I call Comcast, tell them my address changed to Florida, and somehow my games will no longer be blacked out? That sounds highly unlikely.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Sorry dude... did not know you had crapcast... I was refering to DTV. Obviously you can't fool wired cable companies :)

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

JackDiggity wrote:Talk about bullshit. Check out the coverage maps of MLB teams.

Jack:

I don't see Puerto Rico on the maps and I'd like to see if Mets games are blackedout down here.

They haven't been blacked out during the EI free preview. Can I asume they won't went the free preview is over?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

the BAL/BOS game is blacked out for me...sucks ass.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

javi......you should be good to go then.